X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVI: From Boonetown to Motown

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    Thats one reason why I'd start Murray on Friday and play him again on Saturday if he did well.
    I'd start Vossberg ahead of Murray in net -- much better save percentage.
    DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
    sigpic
    WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

After all the dust settles in Toronto, Tyle Bozak is now on the #1 PP unit.

The 24-year-old blueliner was also given the No. 3 for his jersey, courtesy of teammate Garnet Exelby who took No. 7. Phaneuf also joined new teammates Tomas Kaberle, Tyler Bozak, Alexei Ponikarovsky and Phil Kessel in Ron Wilson's new top power play unit.
        http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308584

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

DU also up to #2 in USA Today Poll.

Comment

Mannino selected as the AHL goaltender of the month:
            Link

r

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
              I'm with ya 14er! Maybe Cody B would be a better choice--keep him from taking stupid penalties.
              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                If DU gets up by 4 or more goals on Mercyhurst or maybe Michigan Tech or MSUM, you might see Murray get some playing time. Chances are they won't put up those kinds of scoring margins. Blowouts for this DU team are very rare. They need to play Murray sometime, or you won't know if he's game ready or not.

I can't see Miami dropping out of that top seed, given they should keep winning. I think they had their wakeup call against Robert Morris.

As for DU "running the table" I think that's unlikely. They'll likely drop some games that they shouldn't lose on paper, because that's been the pattern all year. Should get 2 wins against Mercyhurst and Air Force. AFA always play DU tough, though. Then comes the Gophers, and they haven't played well this year, but will come into Denver with a chip on their shoulder after losing to DU at home earlyin the season. That weekend is a place where DU will likely split. Then comes Michigan Tech at home- should be a home sweep there. They they go on the road to MSUM, which should be a sweep on paper but probably won't be. MSUM is a scrappy bunch. Then you have CC to finish up, and that's probably a split there, with DU getting the Gold Pan back based on the first DU/CC three point weekend for the Pios. I see DU going 7-3 or 7-2-1 and finishing around 23 or 24 wins, around 9-10 losses and 4-5 ties. Probably will end up somewhere beween 2-4 in the league race, and enter the NCAAs as a #2 or #3 seed.
                The only one I contest is the Gopher weekend--that should be a sweep. They are not firing on anything more then three cylinders right now and DU should be able to beat them handly like SCSU did weekend before last. That's one DU will be up for. That's another even more legitimate (more so then what our chances at the Ralph were) for a season sweep.

I agree with 78--play the regulars and bring your 'A' game. Keep the momentum rolling. I hope Gwoz shuffles the lines--to me this weekend is the perfect time to experiment with them. I'd like to see someone else paired with Knowlton and Glasser.

Redhawks have Lake and OSU left for possible challenges. To catch them they'd have to lose two and we'd have to run the table which would be sweet but looks unlikely.

Bean Pot gets rolling tonight. HE has some weird dynamics going on this season. Who would of picked UNH to win it? BU and VT the two teams that made it to the FF last year are struggling.
                Last edited by MagnessMan; 02-01-2010, 03:34 PM.
                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Here are the NCAA probablities as of now:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/ncaahoc...nseedprob.html

Here are DU's WCHA probabilities as of now:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/wchahoc...standings.html

Comment

Those WCHA numbers seem questionable. I'd give the Cloudies a better than 10% chance to finish on top. Also giving us a 60% chance seems high. How are these probabilities calculated? With a one point lead how do we have a better than 1-2 chance to win it? BC up 1 nil on the Crimson after one at the Garden.
                    Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                      Those WCHA numbers seem questionable. I'd give the Cloudies a better than 10% chance to finish on top. Also giving us a 60% chance seems high. How are these probabilities calculated? With a one point lead how do we have a better than 1-2 chance to win it? BC up 1 nil on the Crimson after one at the Garden.
                      Our remain series are against the #10, #9, #7 & #5 seeded teams. 5 of the 8 games are at home. Simple math.

If these were Vegas odds they'd be:

DU 4/5
                      UMD 4-1
                      SCSU 9-1
                      WI 10-1
                      CC 90-1
                      UND 100-1
                      MN 100-1
                      Last edited by dggoddard; 02-01-2010, 05:09 PM.

Comment

So no need to play the games--call it good? Simple math can also turn into messy math. SCSU has a better than 10% chance to win the WCHA the way their playing. They have AA, State, Badgers and UNDies. Basing probabilities solely on schedule doesn't work for me. If Vegas gave that line I'd drop some money on the Cloudies in a heart beat.
                        Last edited by MagnessMan; 02-01-2010, 05:34 PM.
                        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                          So no need to play the games--call it good? Simple math can also turn into messy math. SCSU has a better than 10% chance to win the WCHA the way their playing. They have AA, State, Badgers and UNDies. Basing probabilities solely on schedule doesn't work for me. If Vegas gave that line I'd drop some money on the Cloudies in a heart beat.
                          They might well win the WCHA.

But history has not been kind to the Huskies in NCAA play, where they have never won an NCAA game.

Comment

Vote for Rhett for the NCAA Skills Challenge:

http://www.ncaa.com/frozenfourskillschallenge/

Hopefully, he'll be busy that weekend with other Ford Field hockey activities!
                            Last edited by Puck Swami; 02-01-2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                              Winning the orange in this afternoon's practice was Joe Colborne, who scored on four consecutive shots to end the contest early. Four wrist shots, none of them more than a foot off the ice and none of which Adam Murray came close to stopping.
                              Two days later Colborne scored the game winning goal in the first game against North Dakota.

Three days later Colborne scored the game winning game in the second game against North Dakota.

I'll be interested to see who wins the orange later this week in practice.
                              sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Crosby has a hat trick all in the 2nd tonight against the Sabres on 4 shots.
                                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Working...
                                X