Pictures of Your Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pictures of Your Arena

Probably not... kind of wish we still played at Lakeview. That's an interesting old barn.

*****http://www.mqtelectricians.com/EL2002/LV1.JPG******

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      ...got a Badger Bob banner or something hanging in there??

*****http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/3842542beb6f7f0c949dcb5e47f930c9555dd5d.jpg******
      "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

I'd love to see a Tech/Northern game at Lakeview sometime, but it's unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          I'd love to see a Tech/Northern game at Lakeview sometime, but it's unlikely.
          Have a throwback game at the old rink.. wear the old jerseys the whole nine yards.. sounds like a great time to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            ...got a Badger Bob banner or something hanging in there??

The only reason they hang Bob Johnson's banner is they're looking for as many ties to the State of MN as possible.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              The only reason they hang Bob Johnson's banner is they're looking for as many ties to the State of MN as possible.
              Naw, Badger Bob personally hung three NCAA title banners at UW, so I think the connection to Wisconsin is strong enough.

That, and, you know, the nickname.
              "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                Wow. Whoever designed Magness should be given a swift kick in the behind. It's no wonder people complain about the lack of atmosphere in there with those horrible protrusions in the corners dividing the fans up like that and forcing the seating up into the rafters. If you're in the upper seats near a corner on the non-luxury box side, you'd need a voice like a jet engine just to be heard at ice level.
                It's not a free standing hockey arena, or it would not have been designed that way. Magness had to be designed to fit inside a 440,000 sq. ft existing footprint within a larger athletic center - the building had to accommodate a 7,200 seat basketball configuration with an an Olympic size natatorium, a 3,000 seat gymnastics and basketball practice gym, a second practice ice sheet, a 215 foot tall bell tower, meeting rooms, a TV studio, a huge fitness center and several intramural gyms, a sports medicine clinic, 15 locker rooms, offices etc all under the same roof. That's why the seats go up so high on the ends, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by blockski View Post

*****http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/3842542beb6f7f0c949dcb5e47f930c9555dd5d.jpg******
                  you bet it is!

won me my first cup for the flightless water fowl. we all miss him dearly.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                    It's not a free standing hockey arena, or it would not have been designed that way. Magness had to be designed to fit inside a 440,000 sq. ft existing footprint within a larger athletic center - the building had to accommodate a 7,200 seat basketball configuration with an an Olympic size natatorium, a 3,000 seat gymnastics and basketball practice gym, a second practice ice sheet, a 215 foot tall bell tower, meeting rooms, a TV studio, a huge fitness center and several intramural gyms, a sports medicine clinic, 15 locker rooms, offices etc all under the same roof. That's why the seats go up so high on the ends, etc.
                    Whatever, there in no reason to design an arena the way they did...that place and CC seating is very similar which tells me its a style choice, not a requirement to meet all of those other things...Why not have a full bowl? or have a horseshoe with nothing on one end?
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by DETBrass27 View Post
                      Have a throwback game at the old rink.. wear the old jerseys the whole nine yards.. sounds like a great time to me.
                      Only if they bring back the old clear boards.

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by DETBrass27 View Post
                        Home and Home at Lakeview and the Dee.

though that would be a total nightmare at the Dee, with soft ice and very limited seating
                        Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post

though that would be a total nightmare at the Dee, with soft ice and very limited seating
                          Tech and NMU likely never played at the Dee anyway, as the JMSIA was a few years into its life when Northern started their program.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post

But you can bring booze into the Dee

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                              But you can bring booze into the Dee
                              You can bring booze into the Mac too . You can bring basically anything in as long as an opposing player's mom doesn't complain about how much it's ruining her whole trip.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineBlackBearsRock View Post
                                One of the most miserable places to watch a hockey game from if you're a visiting fan. Can't hear announcers, can't see scoreboard, horrible sight lines... They really need to blow that place up.

Comment

Working...
                                X