Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Charter, they came up HUGE this season. I saw 6 extra Badger hockey games because I have Charter cable that people with Time Warner and satellite didn't see. Quality isn't the greatest but at least they are on TV.
    Yeah, the Charter Mainstreet channel, 87 on my system, is a great source of UW away games @ Kato, St Cloud and UMD. Plus you can watch the non UW series they telecast as well as a WCHA fan. With Charter, every Friday night there's at least 3 if not 5 college games on to watch from 6 pm to 11 pm. Saturday there's less games on, more bb. Usually you can catch an ECAC game un Sunday afternoon as well.

As far as I know Charter does carry Versus.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Wow... The WCHA finally brought down a 3 game suspension for Marvin's hit vs Geoffrion. If you ask me, it's not enough... That boy should be sitting for the rest of the season to reevaluate his actions on the ice.
      Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Originally posted by ganzhimself View Post
        Wow... The WCHA finally brought down a 3 game suspension for Marvin's hit vs Geoffrion. If you ask me, it's not enough... That boy should be sitting for the rest of the season to reevaluate his actions on the ice.
        I agree its not enough, however i am surprised he got anything, after all it is the WCHA we are talking about here...
        The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
          I agree its not enough, however i am surprised he got anything, after all it is the WCHA we are talking about here...
          UW is right on... I was expecting a game or two.
          Originally posted by solovsfett
          To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
          You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

I disagree. Three games is a lot in the college game. It's not like he Todd Burtuzzi'd anyone. I'll take three games and be happy.

Comment

I disagree. Three games is a lot in the college game. It's not like he Todd Burtuzzi'd anyone. I'll take three games and be happy.
              yeah now that i think about about it, he will miss one playoff game as well so maybe that is about right. Had it been in the middle of the season i don't think 3 reg season games would be enough but now that he is missing a playoff game it seems about right to me..
              The Quest For 7

Comment

At this point, with it being the second time he's made a questionable hit on an opposing team captain in the same season, I don't see a reason why he's still being allowed back on the ice. And yes, missing 3 games is huge in college hockey... Missing one game due to poor decision making should have been a wake up call. True, the hit on Geoffrion didn't look like he was doing it with the intent to seriously injure Blake, but go back to the cheap shot he took on Genoway... That was a blatant disregard for safety and from where I'm sitting, it looked like he was intentionally trying to hurt him. I don't see how he only sat one game for that. At this level there needs to be zero tolerance for that kind of behavior, these kids have their entier lives and careers (hockey or otherwise) ahead of them. Yes, bad things do happen in the regular course of the game, and perhaps his hit on Blake was just one of those freak things, but there's no place in the sport for players that go out and intentionally injure other players.

Comment

Originally posted by parkside21 View Post
                  Thank you to those that have offered such quick advice. I think we'll probably already be getting internet through Charter, that's what made me wonder about just doing one cable box through them too, it can't be that much more since if I don't do a Charter box in that room I'd just be doing another DTV box anyways. I suppose I'll wait until next season to consider it though, since by the time we move this one will be over. The Versus issue still irks me though. I plan on getting the Center Ice package next year, but for the games that are shown on Versus, are they blacked out then on the Center Ice package I assume? Or do you at least get one of the feeds still? I'd really hate to switch to DirecTV next month when we move, just in time for the NHL playoffs, and have to miss the entire first and second rounds because of the Versus issue...

Anyways, sorry for taking the thread off topic.....ON WISCONSIN!
                  I have Center Ice and at least in the regular season the games on Versus are not available on Center Ice and assuming they won't be in the playoffs either. This is definetely a hge hit to Directv for hockey fans, unfortunately I'm not sure that matters much to Directv.

Comment

Any badger fans come up with a reason why P. Johnson is still in the lineup, seems to be Podge Turnbull can do that same work and probably produce more offensively as well. Just boggles my mind. I love patty don't get me wrong but with out depth he should be sitting right now, we have two guys in Turnbull and Lee who can probably do the same thing and produce more on the scoreboard...
                    The Quest For 7

Comment

Any badger fans come up with a reason why P. Johnson is still in the lineup, seems to be Podge Turnbull can do that same work and probably produce more offensively as well. Just boggles my mind. I love patty don't get me wrong but with out depth he should be sitting right now, we have two guys in Turnbull and Lee who can probably do the same thing and produce more on the scoreboard...
                      Been wondering this for weeks.

Comment

Agreed. PJ has been a huge disappointment this season. I really would have liked to see more of Podge and Derek this season. Maybe over the last regular season series, and the WCHA playoffs, Eaves will put Podge back in the lineup in place of PJ who just hasn't produced this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
                          I have Center Ice and at least in the regular season the games on Versus are not available on Center Ice and assuming they won't be in the playoffs either. This is definetely a hge hit to Directv for hockey fans, unfortunately I'm not sure that matters much to Directv.
                          That is correct. The Sunday NBC games are not on Center Ice as well, but obviously that's not an issue like the Versus deal. I have not missed one game on Dish Network because of corporate fighting. The only complaint I have is that all the games aren't in HD, but MrsMCR tells me I'm becoming an HD snob.

The *****!
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            Wisconsin likely loses both tiebreakers.

It goes this way:

1. Head to head
                            2. Most conference wins
                            3. If 4 games played between teams, the team with fewest goals against in series
                            4. Goal differential in all conference games.

Against SCSU:

1. The teams are 2-2
                            2. Both teams are likely to end up with an identical number of conference wins if they end tied in points. The only way it can happen without the two teams having the same number of wins would be for Wis to lose twice and SCSU to tie twice. In that case you win the tiebreaker because you'd have one more win.
                            3. In the season series, Wisconsin gave up 14 goals, SCSU gave up 13. SCSU wins tiebreaker.
                            4. Not necessary.

Thus, the only way Wisconsin wins the tiebreaker against SCSU is if SCSU catches them by getting two ties, while Wisconsin loses twice.

Against UMD:

1. The teams are 1-1
                            2. The only way UMD catches Wisconsin is if it sweeps UAA and Wisconsin falls twice to MN. In that case, UMD wins tiebreaker with 17 conference wins to Wisconsin's 16.
                            Aren't the tiebreakers different if 3 teams would be tied?

Comment

Agreed. PJ has been a huge disappointment this season. I really would have liked to see more of Podge and Derek this season. Maybe over the last regular season series, and the WCHA playoffs, Eaves will put Podge back in the lineup in place of PJ who just hasn't produced this season.
                              I have to believe that Mike Eaves wouldn't do anything to intentionally hurt his own team, but you have to wonder what his thinking is in this situation. I mean if you took a poll of Badger fans, I think over 80% would have to agree that he needs to be replaced and probably at least half of the remaining 20% wouldn't mind seeing him sit a game or two.

The remaining 10% still think Badger Bob is coaching.

Comment

I have to believe that Mike Eaves wouldn't do anything to intentionally hurt his own team, but you have to wonder what his thinking is in this situation. I mean if you took a poll of Badger fans, I think over 80% would have to agree that he needs to be replaced and probably at least half of the remaining 20% wouldn't mind seeing him sit a game or two.

The remaining 10% still think Badger Bob is coaching.
                                WHAT!!!!!!!??????? Dam it, who is that on bench?!?! And who is the "Mike Eaves"???
                                ..............Where am I??..... I need to find my prime center ice seats and sit there and fall asleep while watching the UW game.

Comment

Working...
                                X