Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

So Geoffrion is still having headaches. Not a surprise, really, with a concussion.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
      So Geoffrion is still having headaches. Not a surprise, really, with a concussion.
      Yeah, but still having them days later is a bad sign. This could be BIG trouble Mad City. The longer he sits out, the more p-o'ed I'm getting. Why didn't a sue player but Marvin out of his misery when they had the chance? (I guess they tried, but were stopped) Someone needs to line Marvin up and give him a taste of his own medicine if the WCHA doesn't step in with with a multi game suspension.
      Last edited by Timothy A; 02-24-2010, 10:42 AM.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Yeah, but still having them days later is a bad sign. This could be BIG trouble Mad City. The longer he sits out, the more p-o'ed I'm getting. Why didn't a sue player but Marvin out of his misery when they had the chance? (I guess they tried, but were stopped) Someone needs to line Marvin up and give him a taste of his own medicine if the WCHA doesn't step in with with a multi game suspension.
        hmm. I'm beginning to come around to this sentiment now. Think of it. one particular player gives 2 opposing players, team captains no less, serious concussions in the same season? All from let's just say "questionable" hits to the head?

this kid may need to run into Shawn Hill on the ice, or someone like him. this is ridiculous.

I'd like to see malamute fans chime in now...

the big problem of course is that once the refs or wcha do step in it's already one or more serious injuries too late. after genoway, as malicious as that hit looked to me, they should have warned motzko to reign that kid in immediately or he'll be subject to a multi-game suspension...and by multi-game I mean 12-16...that would hurt. not a pathetic little 1-2 game suspension.

Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

The WCHA ****ed this whole situation down their leg. They have had multiple chances to address this but so far have done jack squat...then when the players try to settle it on their own they eff that up too. Erin Marvin reminds me a lot of Mankato Superhack Trevor Breuss the past few years...
          License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Well Geoffrion is out for this weekend. and to be honest even if he feels fine after the weekend I might sit him for the rodents as well to be safe.

The best thing to say in a situation like this is "with karma there are no victims"

so Marvin will pick up the hefty tab at some point.

there is no room in hockey at any level for his actions/behavior.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              I'd like to see malamute fans chime in now...
              I believe they already have:

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
              Who does Killer Marvin take out this week? Or is he suspended both games?

Comment

Well, you saw it with Kessler in last night's USA hockey game - this is why contact to the head (regardless of intent) is a penalty in the International game.
                "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

It should have been a penalty, most of us are not arguing that. But I do find it slightly hypocritical to say marvin's action's have no place while simultaneously calling for Marvin to get his.
                  Sorry Geoffrion is hurt but I still don't think Marvin meant to injure him and I don't consider him a dirty player.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    Sorry Geoffrion is hurt but I still don't think Marvin meant to injure him and I don't consider him a dirty player.
                    Marvin: 2 team captains down, only 7 more to go!
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

So has anyone seen any indication as to what the lines will look like this weekend? Or even any guesses?

Comment

It should have been a penalty, most of us are not arguing that. But I do find it slightly hypocritical to say marvin's action's have no place while simultaneously calling for Marvin to get his.
                        I only want Marvin to "get his" if the WCHA does nothing. At some point the guy had to get taught a lesson. If I were the WCHA, I'd suspend him indefinately and end it once Geoffrion is back in the line. Or until Genoway is back in the line-up.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                          So has anyone seen any indication as to what the lines will look like this weekend? Or even any guesses?
                          Baggot yesterday had Bohmbach taking Geoffrion's spot and Turnball moving into the lineup. Murray was taking Geoffrion's power play spot.

Comment

He could "get his" in many other ways, other than a bad hit in a game... I'd never wish injury on anyone, but you have to realize there are plenty of opportunities for a "goon" to injure him outside the rink too (drunk drivers, etc).

I refuse to say anything about the hit. I mean, to me, as a Badger fan, it was a dirty hit, delivered with intent to injure, but my opinion is beyond biased... If the refs didn't call it and the WCHA didn't hand down any sanctions, it must have been accidental contact with a freak outcome of Blake getting hurt. But, I will say with a neutral view (I hate both SCSU and UND) in the hit he laid on Geonway, that was most certainly a dirty hit that was delivered with clear intent to injure. The slap on the wrist Marvin got for that was a disgrace to the game.
                            Last edited by ganzhimself; 02-25-2010, 12:40 PM.
                            Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Catching up on this week...

Defense & consistency: they don't have to be 2006, but if we're less likely to see offensive blow-outs against weak opponents in the playoffs (which seems a legitimate concern), then it would be reassuring to see some consistent ability to better limit the number of goals we allow. In other words, given the inconsistency we've seen to this point, it seems a possible concern that in tougher playoff games, the number of goals scored would shrink more than the number of goals allowed, making that goal differential go the wrong direction; and it also seems plausible that this is less of a worry with a good defensive team.

Thurber: IMO, it's appropriate for a coach to use his discretion in whether or not to dismiss a player for serious incidents resulting in charges, and to use his discretion in whether or not to wait until the conclusion of a legal process to make that decision. The suggestion that such a decision was driven primarily by scholarship allocation concerns seems kind of like a crazy conspiracy theory to me, especially when we don't have the details to evaluate the seriousness of the incident.

Geoffrion: I hope he recovers fully and before the playoffs. If he's having issues, I'm glad he's being held out of the Tech series. At least it's just Tech... and who really wants to go to Houghton anyway?
                              Last edited by The Hallucination; 02-25-2010, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I only want Marvin to "get his" if the WCHA does nothing. At some point the guy had to get taught a lesson. If I were the WCHA, I'd suspend him indefinately and end it once Geoffrion is back in the line. Or until Genoway is back in the line-up.
                                I KNOW how this would be handled in the NHL (not in Wussy Bettman's office, but on the ice).
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X