Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    got ya. I did some speed reading. domestic dispute...sorry. Well, I guess this will be one hell of an interesting week.

I'll stand by misdemeanors and well...."battery" disorderly conduct being something that shouldn't be tolerated.

maybe the prior regime would have lobbied to let go (see; winchester, brad), but I'd rather see the hockey coaches not treat the players like the football guys do.

again, right now we've only got that article to go on but this doesn't look too good.
    I guess the biggest issue that I have is that they let Thurber go and it's not like our coach has a squeeky clean past when it comes to conduct issues involving physical altercation.

It also seems to be a bit of a double standard when a kid like Brendan Smith gets a DUI and isn't even suspended but Thurber gets kicked off the team.

Comment

I wonder if Eaves would have made the same decision if this had been Derek Stepan instead of Matt Thurber. I agree with Almington that Matt ended up in Eaves dog house and this was a convenient way to say adios.

Sad that it played out this way.
      Signature under construction.....bids being accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        I guess the biggest issue that I have is that they let Thurber go and it's not like our coach has a squeeky clean past when it comes to conduct issues involving physical altercation.

It also seems to be a bit of a double standard when a kid like Brendan Smith gets a DUI and isn't even suspended but Thurber gets kicked off the team.
        This doesn't pass the smell test. Other players have done things that appear to be equally unacceptable, but remained on the team.

Comment

Why do you think that our defense will continue to give up careless goals but all of a sudden we'll forget how to score? Playoff games are generally tighter and I expect our defense to play a little tighter.
          I don't necessarily think that we'll forget, but am concerned that we'll run into a sound defensive team that will shut us down where a careless goal or two given up will be the difference.

It's just getting late in the year to be losing games like the most recent Friday night one.

Like I said, hoping you turn out to be right.

Sucks about Thurber, but I'd guess that the police report must be pretty d-a-m-n-ing. And to those who say that the football players get away with this stuff, I'd point to more than a few players that Bielema has dismissed.

Don't push pull or beat on women.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
            This doesn't pass the smell test. Other players have done things that appear to be equally unacceptable, but remained on the team.
            Me thinks being able to give away Thurbers full scholarship gave Eaves an erection.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              I don't necessarily think that we'll forget, but am concerned that we'll run into a sound defensive team that will shut us down where a careless goal or two given up will be the difference.

It's just getting late in the year to be losing games like the most recent Friday night one.

Like I said, hoping you turn out to be right.

Sucks about Thurber, but I'd guess that the police report must be pretty d-a-m-n-ing. And to those who say that the football players get away with this stuff, I'd point to more than a few players that Bielema has dismissed.

Don't push pull or beat on women.
              He didn't touch a woman.

Domestic dispute, not domestic abuse.

Comment

He didn't touch a woman.

I shouldn't assume, but didn't they mention a domestic dispute possibly involving a girlfriend?

Comment

He didn't touch a woman.

Like a fight between room mates?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    I shouldn't assume, but didn't they mention a domestic dispute possibly involving a girlfriend?
                    The way I read- and I could be totally wrong- is two guys fighting over a girl.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                      The way I read- and I could be totally wrong- is two guys fighting over a girl.
                      In that case, he definitely deserved to be kicked off the team.

Comment

Someone told me on Friday that claimed they were close to the situation that Thurbers girl cheated on him, and he went and pummeled the guy. Judging by the charges, it makes a lot of sense to me.

"Thurber was charged with misdemeanor battery and disorderly conduct after an alleged domestic dispute early Monday morning."

But I mean this is all rumor, so keep that in mind.

Comment

Sounds like the Rangers may let Steps stay next year.
                          What I got from the article is just that he is staying for the rest of this season.

"There was speculation following the tournament that Team USA captain and Rangers' draft pick Derek Stepan would bolt Wisconsin to play junior hockey, but Slap Shots was told on Friday by a well-placed source that the center will complete his sophomore year with the Badgers."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...#ixzz0gKE7WaYR
                          Proverbs 18:2 'A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.'

Comment

Originally posted by cereal addict View Post
                            What I got from the article is just that he is staying for the rest of this season.

"There was speculation following the tournament that Team USA captain and Rangers' draft pick Derek Stepan would bolt Wisconsin to play junior hockey, but Slap Shots was told on Friday by a well-placed source that the center will complete his sophomore year with the Badgers."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...#ixzz0gKE7WaYR
                            A) That article was from well over a month ago, whats with the quote now?

B) You need to read more than one paragraph.

"The Blueshirts, we're told, believe Stepan needs another year of development either at school or in junior hockey before he's ready to turn pro, but are keenly interested in getting Wisconsin defenseman Ryan McDonagh -- acquired from Montreal in the Scott Gomez deal -- into the organization following the completion of this, his junior season."

That clearly lays out that after this season, they want McDonagh, but that Stepan needs another year of development.

Comment

Someone told me on Friday that claimed they were close to the situation that Thurbers girl cheated on him, and he went and pummeled the guy. Judging by the charges, it makes a lot of sense to me.

"Thurber was charged with misdemeanor battery and disorderly conduct after an alleged domestic dispute early Monday morning."

But I mean this is all rumor, so keep that in mind.
                              So, what would an appropriate punishment be, in your mind?
                              "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

That clearly lays out that after this season, they want McDonagh, but that Stepan needs another year of development.
                                He most definitely does. He gets pushed around a bit too much to go to the pros right away. It does concern me though that there is an "or" in there regarding some sort of minor league hockey. He'd get more games and practice time in the minors and could commit fully to hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X