Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

http://host.madison.com/sports/colum...cc4c03286.html

Ticket prices expected to rise next year. Baggot doesn't mention hockey though.

Comment

Just got the e-mail from Barry Alvarez announcing the football ticket price increase. In the letter, Barry says the Athletic Department has made several events available free, including: "Earlier this month we made the Stanley Cup and numerous Hockey Hall of Fame exhibits and games available for free at the Culver’s Camp Randall Hockey Classic.”

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t you need to have purchased a game ticket to see the Stanley Cup?

Is it possible that VW is Barry Alvarez?

Comment

There's a simple solution to NOT raising ticket prices. Let's make ladies bouncy ball & hockey revenue generating sports, or at least have them spend ONLY what they bring in.

Sorry, I must have been at another poster's computer. I weel go inda box and feel shamé.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          There's a simple solution to NOT raising ticket prices. Let's make ladies bouncy ball & hockey revenue generating sports, or at least have them spend ONLY what they bring in.

Sorry, I must have been at another poster's computer. I weel go inda box and feel shamé.
          I realize you're joking, but you could apply that to men's soccer, track etc.

Football, Basketball & Hockey pay the bills.

Ticket prices will go up over time and as long as it's incremental and reasonable, I don't have a problem with it. Nobody is forced to buy tickets.

As a footnote, Barry is a tool and has always been a tool. I certainly appreciate what he did for the football program and the resulting trickle down, but he's still a tool.

I credit Richter as much(or more) as Barry.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            I realize you're joking, but you could apply that to men's soccer, track etc.

Football, Basketball & Hockey pay the bills.

Ticket prices will go up over time and as long as it's incremental and reasonable, I don't have a problem with it. Nobody is forced to buy tickets.

As a footnote, Barry is a tool and has always been a tool. I certainly appreciate what he did for the football program and the resulting trickle down, but he's still a tool.

Absolutely, and many others as well. Agree on all points.

Not WI hockey related, but did anybody see this? I have no comment except .http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/van...v=ap&type=lgns

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              Absolutely, and many others as well. Agree on all points.

Not WI hockey related, but did anybody see this? I have no comment except .http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/van...v=ap&type=lgns
              I would think that this would be unfair to the Euros as their balance may be thrown off without all those stickers on their helmets.

Comment

Pavelski and Kessel are skating on the same line.

Ah, what could've been...

Comment

Yep, I've wondered that many times...I even asked Phil about it last year. He just shrugged and wrinkled his face. Pavs & Suter are having a good game; Rafalski doing OK, too. I'd like to see a Suter to Kessel to JoPa score.

Re: Pierre McQuire, what the frick is he doing on American TV? He rarely says anything positive about Team USA. ("Lackadaisical", "Not finishing", etc.) If you've ever heard him on CBC he cannot be more anti-USA hockey. He's the biggest tool in the box; even Canucks don't like him. Embrassez mon âne, Pierre.
                  Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-16-2010, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                    http://host.madison.com/sports/colum...cc4c03286.html

Ticket prices expected to rise next year. Baggot doesn't mention hockey though.
                    Hockey ticket prices are going to stay the same, only the football ticket prices are going up.
                    A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                    Originally posted by MadCityRich
                    He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                    Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                    "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...021610aab.html
                      The No. 3 Wisconsin men's hockey coach Mike Eaves made his weekly appearance at Monday's press conference. In it, he discussed last weekend's sweep of the Minnesota State Mavericks and this weekend's home series against the No. 4 St. Cloud State Huskies. The Badgers currently stand at third-place in the WCHA, and they trail the Huskies by two points. This is the Wisconsin's final regular season series at the Kohl Center this season. Both games are slated to begin at 7 p.m.
                      A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                      Originally posted by MadCityRich
                      He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                      Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                      Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                      "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

So what, UW would have beaten BC by 3 instead of one?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          I asked this before but I'm not sure I got an answer. Any idea what happened to Con?
                          As bigus said, I have some other things going on right now in my life. And yes TJBF, she does like hockey.
                          Lets Go Red!
                          -Badger Hockey: If you aren't on the train, then you might as well be laying on the tracks.
                          -Championchips: Official snack of NCAA D1 Hockey
                          -08-09 FCH Meyer League Regular Season and Playoff Champ
                          Originally posted by Puck Swami
                          You are a true Renaissiance Man, Con1977. Respected for your mind, envied for your articulation on all manner of college hockey and cheered by thousands for your iron stomach.

I am in awe....
                          Above all else, have class and be a sportsman in everything you do.

Comment

Originally posted by con1977 View Post
                            As bigus said, I have some other things going on right now in my life. And yes TJBF, she does like hockey.
                            Congrats. On both fronts.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Agreed. I love what Barry did with the football team, but he DOES NOT deserve the amount of money he is getting paid. Richter totally revamped the athletic department in the 90's with great hirings.(Alvarez, Stu Jackson, Dick Bennett, Bo Ryan, Eaves). Before Richter arrived the ath. dept was at the very bottom of the Big Ten in total revenue. Today, Wisconsin is number 5 in the entire nation in revenue. That's a mind boggling turn around and a whole lot of that has to do with Richter's critical decisions. What exactly has Barry done besides hiring Bielema to deserve getting paid $250,000 more than what Richter did at his peak? Alvarez has asked and received a $50,000 raise 3 out of 5 years he's been an AD yet he's been penny pinching a number of programs in order to save money. I don't get it.
                              Last edited by sweatpants; 02-16-2010, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Non-hockey, but does Barry have the guts to pink slip anyone? Might be time for the softball coach to go. Stone could be gone too if she can't make the dance.

Comment

Working...
                                X