Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    lol

Does anybody use the "Ignore List"? I'm considering........
    I don't use it, there is too much fodder from a select few no it alls (yes that is on purpose) to have fun with. They're like a little kid with a cardboard box, the box is empty, but still fun to play with.
    If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
      The atmosphere for Badger basketball games is pretty darn good. You just happened to attend a game where the team couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Go to a few more and you'll see what kind of atmosphere the KC is for basketball.
      This is incorrect. The atmosphere for a big, important game at the KC is good. Unless there's a 'name' opponent, a big rival, or some sort of championship on the line, it sucks.

I've been to plenty of Badger hoops games - including some big wins as well as some standard Big Ten conference games. The atmosphere for 'all' games is not 'pretty darn good'. Look at it this way - your average hockey crowd for a game against Michigan Tech is going to be more vocal than your average hoops crowd for a game against Penn State. And that's even with the hockey crowd having 5,000 fewer voices.
      "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

I think the Badger hockey student section is better as well, but that doesn't take anything against the Grateful Red. Hockey is just a more exciting sport in general so it's easier for the crowd to get riled up with more physical play and the speed of the game. The Badger's basketball style doesn't help either where they hold the ball until 5 seconds to go in the shot clock and then start their offense, but that is the style that helps them win games.

I love going to both sports, and I'm annoyed with all of the cutting on "bouncy ball" around here. It seems that people like me are a rarity in that I actually do enjoy both. Most people seem to go one way or the other.

Here's to a Final Four and a Frozen four in the same year!
        Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

I love going to both sports, and I'm annoyed with all of the cutting on "bouncy ball" around here. It seems that people like me are a rarity in that I actually do enjoy both. Most people seem to go one way or the other.

It's in the hockey culture to not like basketball. If you have ever been in a hockey program before, the comparison to "wussy ball" is an every day occurance.

Comment

Hockey is just a more exciting sport in general ...
            You know, sometimes you say things that cause me to wonder why you're still red.

Are you neg repping yourself for the prestige?

Comment

I think the Badger hockey student section is better as well, but that doesn't take anything against the Grateful Red. Hockey is just a more exciting sport in general so it's easier for the crowd to get riled up with more physical play and the speed of the game. The Badger's basketball style doesn't help either where they hold the ball until 5 seconds to go in the shot clock and then start their offense, but that is the style that helps them win games.

The style and pace of Bo's Badgers has nothing to do with the lack of enthusiasm from the crowd. Again, hockey fans cheered loudly for far worse performances.

I enjoy basketball, too. I watch all the Badger games I can. I'd prefer hockey, but that's no matter. I certainly don't dislike the sport or the UW team.

That said, there is simply no comparison in fan participation. Anyone who's been to both sports in person and is offering an honest and objective view will agree.
              "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by dtrumbower View Post
                It's in the hockey culture to not like basketball. If you have ever been in a hockey program before, the comparison to "wussy ball" is an every day occurance.
                This is so true. The coaches that I've worked with for the past 4 years on my son's team always point out basketball when saying things such as, "With that effort, you might as well be playing basketball."

I use Soccer. Soccer sucks and only pansies play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  I use Soccer. Soccer sucks and only pansies play it.
                  Lawn fairies.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                    Lawn fairies.
                    AKA Field Fairies...as we call 'em. Have you ever seen one of those Euros go down after they were "brushed" by another player? You would have thought he got shot in the head.

Anyway... back to hockey. I took in a couple of games @ Cap Ice last night, going back in a little while, then onto Herbie's Hockey House tonight. I told MrsMCR I'd see her Sunday afternoon.

The Badgers this weekend; to me nothing short of a sweep is acceptable.
                    Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-12-2010, 09:57 AM.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

AKA Field Fairies...as we call 'em. Have you ever seen one of those Euros go down after they were "brushed" by another player? You would have thought he got shot in the head.

Anyway... back to hockey. I took in a couple of games @ Cap Ice last night, going back in a little while, then onto Herbie's Hockey House tonight. I told MrsMCR I'd see her Sunday afternoon.

Peter Mannino must have played soccer after that flop he took a few seasons back when Ben Grotting's stick brushed his helmet. He dropped like Grotting had just landed a right hook on his head Patricia White style.

Agree on the sweep, two teams going different directions, no reason for that to change this weekend.
                      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                      Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                      Originally posted by UWisco
                      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Did you get to see Jason Clark MCR?

Comment

lol

Does anybody use the "Ignore List"? I'm considering........
                          It doesn't do ONE bit of good as long as other people keep quoting the idiots. Then I'd have to put everyone who quotes them on ignore and that would make for quite the dull thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                            It doesn't do ONE bit of good as long as other people keep quoting the idiots. Then I'd have to put everyone who quotes them on ignore and that would make for quite the dull thread.
                            I asked this before but I'm not sure I got an answer. Any idea what happened to Con?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              I asked this before but I'm not sure I got an answer. Any idea what happened to Con?
                              He's got some other (good) things going on in his life so he doesn't spend quite as much time on hockey as he has in previous years.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: What're YOU looking at?

The number of times a poster posts per day is directly correlated with how dissatisfied he is with his relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by bigus View Post
                                He's got some other (good) things going on in his life so he doesn't spend quite as much time on hockey as he has in previous years.
                                Glad to hear it. I was concerned, but I didn't want to be nosy.

Was reminded of him lately. I've been cleaning up some video recordings I have, and there he was, in his sombrero, at the 2006 Regional.

Comment

Working...
                                X