Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    I don't normally do this but I'm going to come out and say Matt Thurber should be seeing regular shifts over #10 and #24. those 2 guys have just flat out disappeared.

Last night Grotting had an excellent game going after loose pucks and generally winning those battles. I know some on this board have questioned his play but I'm definitely on the Grotting bandwagon after seeing 4 games in person thusfar and several more on tv.

Maybe Thurber busts out as a junior the same way Dan Plante did....who knows?
    Agreed. Derek Lee is another who deserves some more PT, to see if he can contribute.

Mitchell and Johnson are both indeed just wastes of space out there, IMO.

Comment

I don't normally do this but I'm going to come out and say Matt Thurber should be seeing regular shifts over #10 and #24. those 2 guys have just flat out disappeared.
      +2

Amen brother..........
      Signature under construction.....bids being accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
        Agreed. Derek Lee is another who deserves some more PT, to see if he can contribute.

Mitchell and Johnson are both indeed just wastes of space out there, IMO.
        yes. I forgot about Derek Lee. he should be out there as well I think I agree.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Last night Grotting had an excellent game going after loose pucks and generally winning those battles. I know some on this board have questioned his play but I'm definitely on the Grotting bandwagon after seeing 4 games in person thusfar and several more on tv.

Maybe Thurber busts out as a junior the same way Dan Plante did....who knows?
          What Grotting brings to the team doesn't show up in the box score. He is a 100% grinder that gets under the skin of the opponent. Johnson no longer is a every good grinder and Michell no longer scores. I would also like to see Thurber/Podge/Lee fill in for those two players.

Comment

Originally posted by TJbadgerfan View Post
            So then you are rooting for Goofy next weekend.
            I was misled by the previous poster and too lazy to look at the actual schedule. I'm rooting for the BADGERS this weekend!!!

I agree about Thurber and PT, Johnson is doing nothing at this point for the team. Thurber is an effective centerman, a great defender, and if Eaves would let him, he could score/set up some goals too.

As for Derek Lee, I can see why he is sitting. He is not a grinder type at all, and there is NO room on the top two lines where he would be effective as a playmaker. He'll get his PT next season, he'll be setting up Zengerle or someone to be a big part of the scoring.
            Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
            Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
            Originally posted by UWisco
            It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
              After next week's matchup with the Bulldogs, the schedule really softens up. We get Michigan, Minnesota State, and SCSU all at home for 3 weeks straight, and then go on the road to Tech after ending the season at Minnesota. Getting a win tonight would be huge and then going for a spilt in Duluth would put us in good position for the top 3 if not winning the cup itself.

Denver - W
              @ Minnesota-Duluth - L
              @ Minnesota-Duluth - W
              Michigan (nc) - W
              Minnesota State - W
              Minnesota State -W
              St. Cloud State - W
              St. Cloud State - L
              @ Michigan Tech - W
              @ Michigan Tech - W
              vs Minnesota - W
              @ Minnesota - L

That would put us at 37 conference points, and 38 points was good enough to take the McNaughton last year so we'd be right in the mix with the above results, which I think are conservatively optimistic.
              So far we are on track to win the McNaughton, but we need to take 6 of the next available 8 points or those odds diminish significantly. Sweep this weekend, or we just focus on getting home ice for the 1st round.
              Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

So far we are on track to win the McNaughton
                What in the hell are you talking about?

UW is 3 points behind DU (same # of games played) and 4 points behind UMD and SCSU (2 games in hand).

So no, UW is not on track to win it. Technically DU in on track to win it, but it's so close that it's simply asinine to suggest any of the 4 are "on track to win" it.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                  What in the hell are you talking about?

UW is 3 points behind DU (same # of games played) and 4 points behind UMD and SCSU (2 games in hand).

So no, UW is not on track to win it. Technically DU in on track to win it, but it's so close that it's simply asinine to suggest any of the 4 are "on track to win" it.
                  I think if we get to 37-38 points, we have a good chance to win it. We do need help from Denver, though. You're right.
                  Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

So far we are on track to win the McNaughton,
                    Every time someone is mean to you, I feel bad and promise myself not to do the same. But then you go and say something like this. We are on track???? If we'd have swept Duluth you could have made this statement, but we are not in the driver's seat now. We need significant help.

Comment

So far we are on track to win the McNaughton, but we need to take 6 of the next available 8 points or those odds diminish significantly. Sweep this weekend, or we just focus on getting home ice for the 1st round.
                      Playoff Status STRONGLY disagrees w/ you. Denver 70% chance of winning the MacNaugton, the other contenders rougly 10% each.

DU hosts the gophers, then Tech, goes to Mankato and then a home/home w/ CC.

Assuming the Badgers win 6 of 8, which I agree w/ you on, where does Denver go 4-3-1 in that schedule for the Badgers to catch up in the standings? They don't lose often at home, and Mankato isn't going to slow them down on the road. I think DU is going to go 6-2 out as well, win the MacNaughton by 3 pts over the Badgers. The Badgers realistically need to win out, which could happen.

I'm happy Tech beat Duluth, increases the Badgers chances at 2nd/3rd place, which is where they want to be to avoid the Final Five play in game. If they win the MacNaughton and DU stumbles, awesome, but realistically, I'd like to see the Badgers finish 2nd based on how things sit right now.
                      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                      Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                      Originally posted by UWisco
                      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Oy Vey !!!
                        So far the Packers are on track to win the Super Bowl next year. All they have to do is win a lot of games.
                        If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

I think if we get to 37-38 points, we have a good chance to win it. We do need help from Denver, though. You're right.
                          Do you write this **** just to give our rival posters fuel to rag on ALL of us?

"IF" my sister had balls, she'd be my brother."IF" I had a million bucks, I'd build a UW practice ice sheet, "IF".....
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            Neither VW nor UW14 seem to be able to learn this lesson. Nor do past, foolish predictions deter them from making fresh ones.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

"IF" my sister had balls, she'd be my brother."IF" I had a million bucks, I'd build a UW practice ice sheet, "IF".....
                              "IF" we had a fifth, we all be drunk

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                                Neither VW nor UW14 seem to be able to learn this lesson. Nor do past, foolish predictions deter them from making fresh ones.
                                Prediction... you are a tool
                                The Quest For 7

Comment

Working...
                                X