Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 2 - No Silly Eaves-isms, Just Win The Title!

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
    I'd say it offers no more hope than if the forecast were bad. A 10 day report is complete fiction, in my experience.

Anyone know if they have plans if the weather makes the game unplayable? I imagine they'll play if at all possible, but there are conditions (say 20 inches of snow and 40 mph winds) that would make it impossible. Do they reschedule or just not play the game?
    I forget where I read it, maybe one of the campus papers in the past week? But anyways, the article I saw said if weather was an issue on Saturday, they were prepared to play on Sunday- Super Bowl be ****ed.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
      I forget where I read it, maybe one of the campus papers in the past week? But anyways, the article I saw said if weather was an issue on Saturday, they were prepared to play on Sunday- Super Bowl be ****ed.
      Makes sense. The only other alternative would be to refund the tickets, which would be hard and expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
        Now a 16 day forecast is complete fiction, but at 10 day forecast has about a 5% chance of not being totally wrong (which isn't to say that it has that chance of actually being totally right).

In my experience it isn't until you get to the 5 to 7 day mark where a forecast starts to be more reality then fiction. To be fair, to accurately evaluate this single forecast would depend on how different it is from the previous forecast and how much the next forecast changes, the more stable it is, the more likely it is going to be close to reality. Not to mention how closely it compares to other forecast models. A single forecast from a single model at 10 days is effectively worthless.
        I dont put much faith in anything more than 3 days out. They cant get tomorrow's forecast right most of the time.
        A Badger living in Buckeye country.
        Originally posted by MadCityRich
        He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
        Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
        Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
        "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

I figure the game will be worth going to if only as an event. Yeah, the views will suck. But if I know my fellow Badger hockey fans, it'll be a barrel of fun regardless.

In other news: Brian Elliott continues to impress in the NHL, getting his 6th straight win against the Penguins. To me its significant because while reading the recap, I saw Elliott say this:

"We did a good job keeping everything on the outside," Elliott said. "I was able to cover up some rebounds and guys were right there on top of the crease swiping rebounds away that I didn't get to. It's really comforting as a goalie back there when guys are playing that well in front of you."
          And that sounded REALLY familiar.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Pavs scores 2 in losing effort last night. Pavelski's second goal comes on Heatley's assist for his 600th career point.

You know I don't know why Pavelski chose to play hockey as he's an awesome golfer. And obviously golfers get all the chicks.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              Pavs scores 2 in losing effort last night. Pavelski's second goal comes on Heatley's assist for his 600th career point.

You know I don't know why Pavelski chose to play hockey as he's an awesome golfer. And obviously golfers get all the chicks.
              Tiger Woods certainly proves that, even if he had to pay for some of them...
              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
              Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
              Originally posted by UWisco
              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

I (almost) beat Pav's on a hole last summer at his golf outing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                  I (almost) beat Pav's on a hole last summer at his golf outing.
                  "almost" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                    They're selling beer?
                    Doubt it, but it will stay cold in my coat.

I'm getting worried; only about 41,000 sold so far. I know there will be a walk-up crowd, but that place will look empty even with 50,000 in attendance. (Kind of like football games in the late 80's, but 50,000 would be pushing it.)
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

I'm getting worried; only about 41,000 sold so far. I know there will be a walk-up crowd, but that place will look empty even with 50,000 in attendance. (Kind of like football games in the late 80's, but 50,000 would be pushing it.)
                      UW could look real bad if there are gobs of empty seats.

Comment

Sorry...I posted this in the UMD vs Wisconsin thread as well, just trying to cover my bases.

Experimenting with an interactive live blog on the 60 minutes site tonight for those of you who didn't make the trek to Duluth. Stop over if you would like.

Comment

Don't know if they don't want it on here or they've mentioned it and I missed it, so apologies if I step on any toes here, but the Badger blog Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets. was featured on Yahoo Hockey Blog "Puck Daddy" today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,216568

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                            Don't know if they don't want it on here or they've mentioned it and I missed it, so apologies if I step on any toes here, but the Badger blog Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets. was featured on Yahoo Hockey Blog "Puck Daddy" today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,216568
                            Thanks, I was going to do it but I have been trying to set this live blog thing up.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

That 50k was for the whole season!
                              If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

So who's the first team in the nation to 100 goals? This team!
                                Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X