Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin @ C.C. - 2nd Edition - 2 Different Teams

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Both teams need a sweep, who will get it?
    UW of course. (Or was that a rhetorical question?)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      The John Mitchell-Aaron Bendickson-Ben Grotting is an ugly line. I see that line as more of a 4th line and the Thurber line as the 3rd line.
      They've been an excellent grind line in the past, but we've been waiting for two years for them to emerge as better scorers, especially Mitchell. It's kind of tough to see them sort of stagnant when it would be nice to have a more solid third scoring line. (As opposed to the two scoring lines/two checking lines system we've been stuck with for the last few years)
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I will gladly pay the $7 a game and be happy to see the action in a pretty big series. Is $7 really that big of a difference over $5?

That's a fraction of what it costs us to take the family to home games.

The games I've seen on B2 have been acceptable although not great.

Cost last year was $6.95 per game if I remember right.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          They've been an excellent grind line in the past, but we've been waiting for two years for them to emerge as better scorers, especially Mitchell. It's kind of tough to see them sort of stagnant when it would be nice to have a more solid third scoring line. (As opposed to the two scoring lines/two checking lines system we've been stuck with for the last few years)
          Grotting is having a difficult year, i didn't expect him to light the world on fire this year with a bunch of goals but he is the only forward in the minus and even though he does do a lot on the forecheck for the badgers, he seems to be a liability in the defensive end or he wouldn't be in the minus like he is. Also which ever line he is put on, that line seems to struggle getting in the scoring column, i'm glad to see that Street won't be paired with Lee and Grotting anymore because that seemed to be holding Street back some.
          The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
            UW of course. (Or was that a rhetorical question?)
            It was somewhat rhetorical ...I was trying to see how the CC folks were feeling about this weekend, without pulling a Dirty (UW Sweeps).
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I'd take a split on the road against the #8 team in the PWR. Hopefully we can solve Howe because last time he was a brick wall against us.
              Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt View Post
                Any other Wisconsin fans comin' to the games this weekend? I'll be at both games with my family...heading to Outback Steakhouse (just outside the World Arena) before the game, both nights. A couple of years ago, we had quite a few Badger fans in Outback. (CCTig...you're invited too!)

Should be a tough and very entertaining series this weekend.

Cheers,
                Bullitt
                I will be there both nights...
                Havent gotten tickets for Friday yet
                and Saturday we have section 213 Rows F and G.. Takign a crew of Badgers fans for my daughter B-day...

and we will be at culvers before the games, a wisconsin Staple...
                do you think cluver will honor free ice cream if the badgers score 5 or more goals???

See you there

Esox
                ESOX
                Badger Fan at heart, but its hard not to love the Sioux...

A friend will bail you out of jail.
                A true friend will be sitting next to you in Jail.
                A teamate will open the door of the cop car so you don't go to jail.

Freshman demands... I Want:
                to go toe 2 toe W/ Ron Hextall in his prime..
                to watch the 1980 National champioship game live..
                Dave haxstall to smile..
                to shoot on Ed Belfour in his prime...
                the annual water polo game back, and make it real this time...

Comment

It looks like Goody is going to be the Friday goalie now.

Eaves said Wednesday that he might put junior Scott Gudmandson in the Friday slot and play junior Brett Bennett Saturday. It was the other way around for most of the first half.
                  Gudmandson is unbeaten in his last five starts (3-0-2). That includes a 2-0-2 mark since Bennett went down with a dislocated left shoulder Dec. 8. Bennett signaled he's ready to go during a 7-1 win over the U.S. under-18 team in an exhibition game Jan. 9.
                  The lineup for No. 3 UW:
                  F Jordy Murray-Blake Geoffrion-Craig Smith
                  F Ben Street-Derek Stepan-Michael Davies
                  F John Mitchell-Aaron Bendickson-Ben Grotting
                  F Andy Bohmbach-Matt Thurber-Patrick Johnson
                  D Brendan Smith-John Ramage
                  D Ryan McDonagh-Jake Gardiner
                  D Cody Goloubef-Justin Schultz

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c03286.html
                  Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    I will gladly pay the $7 a game and be happy to see the action in a pretty big series. Is $7 really that big of a difference over $5?

That's a fraction of what it costs us to take the family to home games.

The games I've seen on B2 have been acceptable although not great.

Cost last year was $6.95 per game if I remember right.
                    That's certainly less than I'm paying to see the games.
                    Airfare from Houston, hotel, rental car, restaurant meals, and game tickets, and hoping the Badgers make it an enjoyable experience.
                    Last edited by jwilli; 01-14-2010, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                      It looks like Goody is going to be the Friday goalie now.
                      Maybe... Just maybe they're going to give him both starts this weekend. I can only hope.
                      Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Originally posted by Esoxpirate View Post
                        and Saturday we have section 213 Rows F and G.. Takign a crew of Badgers fans for my daughter B-day...

do you think cluver will honor free ice cream if the badgers score 5 or more goals???

See you there

Esox

Are you going to the Culvers on Lake Plaza Dr? We may head over there ourselves on Saturday...Outback on Friday.

Also, a good place to get tix right now is Craigslist.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt View Post
                          LOL...you "may" make it to the games???

I'll be in upper 207 on Friday and lower 119 on Sat...and drinking BEER at Outback before the games! See ya this weekend.
                          Oh lord Steve, I'm also sitting in section 207 Friday night! You're gonna have to scream real loud to be heard over my loud mouth!! Don't think you can do it good buddy! Gee has it really been two years since our last game together?

Tigers Sweep!!

Friday, 5-3
                          Saturday 3-2

Go Tigers!!
                          Last edited by CCtig; 01-14-2010, 10:54 PM.
                          World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by Esoxpirate View Post

See you there

Esox

Two Culver stores in Colorado Springs (one right down the road from my house) and they would never give free ice cream to someone who cheers for a team from eastern Minnesota.
                            World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                              Two Culver stores in Colorado Springs (one right down the road from my house) and they would never give free ice cream to someone who cheers for a team from eastern Minnesota.

The Eastern Minnesota comment is wrong... Thats almost fighting words...

Either way a little background on the culvers Ice cream thing. When at home, If the Badgers score 5 goals or more, Culvers gives out a Free scoop of choice to any body who has a ticket stub that night after the game.

Friday Tickets 113 Row H 17&18... I will be with one of my diehard Badger fans... My 4 year old little Girl....

Go Bucky the Tigers....

Esox
                              ESOX
                              Badger Fan at heart, but its hard not to love the Sioux...

A friend will bail you out of jail.
                              A true friend will be sitting next to you in Jail.
                              A teamate will open the door of the cop car so you don't go to jail.

Freshman demands... I Want:
                              to go toe 2 toe W/ Ron Hextall in his prime..
                              to watch the 1980 National champioship game live..
                              Dave haxstall to smile..
                              to shoot on Ed Belfour in his prime...
                              the annual water polo game back, and make it real this time...

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                                Wow. That's really offensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X