Battle for the Alumni Cup: UMass v UML, 1/15 and 1/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle for the Alumni Cup: UMass v UML, 1/15 and 1/16

Big weekend for the the sister schools as they play each other at Amherst on Friday night and then at Lowell Saturday. UML and UMass are currently tied for the last home-ice spot in HE, but Lowell has played one less game than UMass. They are both 2 points behind BC (who has also played one more than UMass).

I think the win for UMass yesterday at NU was huge for the team and their fans.

Thoughts?
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: Battle for the Alumni Cup: UMass v UML, 1/15 and 1/16

Which UMass team shows up? The one that gave up touchdowns in consecutive games or the one that thoroughly dominated Northeastern?

If it's the team from last night it will be an awesome series. If it's the other, it'll be ugly.
    #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
      Which UMass team shows up? The one that gave up touchdowns in consecutive games or the one that thoroughly dominated Northeastern?

If it's the team from last night it will be an awesome series. If it's the other, it'll be ugly.
      I think the one thing that scares me as a Lowell fan is if the undisciplined play continues. Lowell's given up 28 power plays in the last four games which isn't normal for a Coach MacDonald team. They've given up 5 goals in those 28 (82.1% kill rate).
      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Anyone making the trip to Amherst on Friday? I'll most probably be making the trip to the worst arena in Hockey East. I said it.

Between the neanderthal students and Mullins being a crappy place to watch hockey there isn't anything to like about that place.
        Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
          Between the neanderthal students and Mullins being a crappy place to watch hockey there isn't anything to like about that place.
          The ice cream concession is pretty good.

Comment

Need all 4 points from this one... plain and simple. Play smart and play hard.... the rest takes care of itself.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Anyone making the trip to Amherst on Friday? I'll most probably be making the trip to the worst arena in Hockey East. I said it.

I'm making the trip out.

The students will still be on break I believe. I know Lowell students don't start classes until the 25th.

Comment

Classes don't start till Tuesday so you might not have to worry about the students. Heck, it might even look like a game played at Tsongas!
                #NewMass

Comment

Heck, it might even look like a game played at Tsongas!
                  Does that mean there won't be constant swearing?
                  Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    Always a joke this Monty. No swearing...

Comment

"might even look" is not equal to "might even sound"
                      #NewMass

Comment

"might even look" is not equal to "might even sound"
                        I was going to switch your comment around to fit mine, but decided just to leave it as it was.
                        Monty

Comment

I can just feel the excitement towards this weekend.
                          Monty

Comment

I can just feel the excitement towards this weekend.
                            Oh...sorry. Maybe we need more smack talk.

AHEM. Crack! Little sister school! 2004 Hockey East Quarter finals!

Honestly, I'm pretty nervous about this weekend; Lowell has been the harder working team the last 10-15 times these teams have played. UMass seems to bring out the best in them, so I'm not feeling real confident about this weekend. As much as winning the season series (for once) would be nice, for the course of the rest of the season, I'll be happy with a split.
                            It's easy to root for a winner...

Comment

Originally posted by justinD View Post
                              Oh...sorry. Maybe we need more smack talk.

AHEM. Crack! Little sister school! 2004 Hockey East Quarter finals!
                              That's better.
                              Originally posted by justinD View Post
                              Honestly, I'm pretty nervous about this weekend; Lowell has been the harder working team the last 10-15 times these teams have played. UMass seems to bring out the best in them, so I'm not feeling real confident about this weekend. As much as winning the season series (for once) would be nice, for the course of the rest of the season, I'll be happy with a split.
                              I'm not sure why it seems like Lowell takes the games against UMass more serious (or so it appears from the results). It's strange.
                              Monty

Comment

Working...
                              X