Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami at Ferris State - 1/15 - 1/16 - Yes, this is a real thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami at Ferris State - 1/15 - 1/16 - Yes, this is a real thread.

No, this is not a figment of your imagination. Very rarely will I start a thread about a weekend series. That should tell you something right there. Miami travels to Ferris this weekend for a series that, barring a split, will put one of these teams in the driver's seat for the CCHA title.

We're tied for first with 34 points, and while MSU is just one point back, both teams have two games in hand. Miami inexplicably got swept by Robert Morris this last weekend, while Ferris handled their business by dispatching of Notre Dame in South Bend.

I expect another low-scoring series with excellent goaltending by both teams. I also expect a sellout both nights. No excuses this weekend about game times. I don't care if they're playing at sunrise. The CCHA lead is at stake. The students and the people of Big Rapids need to get their asses to Ewigleben. Plain and simple.

Let the week begin.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Re: Miami at Ferris State - 1/15 - 1/16 - Yes, this is a real thread.

Okay Ferris fans... time to go have some fun:

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/

Comment

For the most part he's right.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        For the most part he's right.
        Oh, I'm not judging that. I just found it interesting that a WCHA blog would dedicate a column like that. It's typically spot on. Huh, why not... Ferris has been proving themselves all season.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
          Oh, I'm not judging that. I just found it interesting that a WCHA blog would dedicate a column like that. It's typically spot on. Huh, why not... Ferris has been proving themselves all season.
          I don't think WCH is a WCHA blog necessarily. He covers all of WCHA and CCHA for the most part.
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Should be a great series.

Ferris is tied for second in the PWR with Miami now, making this series just that more important.

Comment

Predictions?

Ferris Sweep again this year. 2-1, 2-1

Comment

Originally posted by CCHAfan View Post
                Predictions?

Ferris Sweep again this year. 2-1, 2-1
                again? when was the first one?

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                  again? when was the first one?
                  In 2008.

Comment

What would you call a victory? Two teams play eachother to get points. Coming out with more points than the team you are facing off against is a victory in that situation.

At the point, Ferris State overcame Miami TWICE in a shootout getting four (two each game) while Miami recieved two points (one each game). In which case, Ferris State was victorious over Miami twice in a row, which means Ferris State Swept Miami.

Comment

In the NCAA books it's a tie. That's the official record. The rest of it is inside the conference bull****.

P.S. You didn't sweep anything if the other team also walks off with points.
                      Last edited by Hammer; 01-13-2010, 10:29 AM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        In the NCAA books it's a tie. That's the official record. The rest of it is inside the conference bull****.

P.S. You didn't sweep anything if the other team also walks off with points.
                        ...and don't think the Miami players aren't hearing it, even if they were technically ties. Knowing Enrico, he's probably making their ears bleed. They are also aware that nobody has beaten Ferris at Ewigleben this season. Plenty of incentive, the previous games, the undefeated Ferris home record, the Robert Morris debacle. Should be a couple of dandy games.

Comment

I do wonder whether Miami got caught looking past Robert Morris. There's not much of an explanation otherwise. After all, they had only 3 wins coming into last weekend. And don't bring me this "any team can beat any other team on any given weekend" stuff. There's a reason teams like Robert Morris and Connecticut have the records they do.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I do not believe Miami got caught looking past robert morris. If it was only the first game, than I would say Yes.

Miami lost on Friday at the Mellon Arena (Pittsburgh Penguins) and then had Saturday off. Played again on Sunday, this time AT Miami after the loss and lost again.

I think they just ran into a hot goaltender putting 79 shots on him in two games, and maybe that break just killed the Redhawks. Kind of like Ferris's 6-1 loss to Yale the first game back.

Comment

Yes, Miami ran into a hot goaltender, but there were also some things that were a little worrisome, at least to this Miami fan. I thought Miami was outworked on Sunday, had trouble finishing, was not good on the pp, and was not as desperate as RMU. Credit to RMU for that. MU played pretty well in the first period, but came out 0-0 without the goalie really standing on his head. then made some big mistakes in the second and then did not cash in when RMU made mistakes. Nothing you can't correct, but worrisome nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                              X