X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part V: We Were Dead On Arrival

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Playing with Crosby instead of old, beat up Mike Modano would help with that.
    This is true. I have 169 points in 38 games playing with Crosby in NHL 10.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      This is true. I have 169 points in 38 games playing with Crosby in NHL 10.
      You should seriously consider stepping the difficulty up two levels. Constantly winning blowouts because the player you control is unstoppable gets boring after a season or two.

Comment

• Re: Chris Conner

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        Nice post game interview on VS after the game with him as well. Too bad it took him so long to crack the lineup this season, but the Pens are pretty stacked with talent.

New race for highest total this season...
        Tech Wins in the WCHA
        ** or **
        Conner Goals in the NHL

Go Chris!
        Ryan J

IS THAT FOR SALE?!

I will trade you for another authentic gold jersey JUST like this one (plus throw in a few hundred dollars??). It was probably even in the exact same order that C's jersey was in... (It may or may not be the one pictured in my avatar.....)
        Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

You should seriously consider stepping the difficulty up two levels. Constantly winning blowouts because the player you control is unstoppable gets boring after a season or two.
          I probably will after this season. It's still fun right now.
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

You should seriously consider keeping the difficulty where it is. Constantly losing 7-6 in overtime after the AI turns your goalie into Rob Nolan and shoots all its players up with PCP with ten minutes left in the game gets boring after a season or two.
            FTFY.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I agree with Twitch, I'm starting to hate the whole puck sliding into goal and then invisible wall at the goal line, the goalie reaches back and then saves it...

And the puck takes 'magic' bounces into my net

Comment

• Re: Conner Jersey

No, sorry can't do it. I waited four seasons for that jersey to come available and I can't see myself parting with it anytime soon. However I have a few others and I might consider parting with one of them since I'll be shopping for a Pens jersey this year.

http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/hockey/conner.html

Ryan J
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Re: Tech in the NHL

... plus it looks so nice next to John's. Not many times in the recent history of Tech that two future NHL'ers were on the roster at the same time... and almost 2 feet apart in height.

Ryan J

Comment

• Re: Tech in the NHL

... plus it looks so nice next to John's. Not many times in the recent history of Tech that two future NHL'ers were on the roster at the same time... and almost 2 feet apart in height.

Ryan J

So can Incredible Gulk and I come visit, we're from Merrill?
                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

No, sorry can't do it. I waited four seasons for that jersey to come available and I can't see myself parting with it anytime soon. However I have a few others and I might consider parting with one of them since I'll be shopping for a Pens jersey this year.

http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/hockey/conner.html

Ryan J
                      Heh, I don't want any of those. Actually, the one I want more than any other is the mesh gold one that came before the dazzle. That is my ALL-TIME FAVORITE. Hell, it doesn't even have to be C's! I saw one of those way far away at the Frozen Four in Denver... I thought it was you. I think it was Lars's jersey.
                      Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

• The Collection

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                        So can Incredible Gulk and I come visit, we're from Merrill?
                        Sure not a problem, just don't pull a Jake Hauswirth on me and commit and then no show... Those Merrill folks are wishy-washy that way some times.

Just kidding - shoot me an email or PM a couple days in advance and I'm sure we can work out a time for you to see the collection in person. No admission charge either for Tech fans. All others $99.95 for adults, $89.95 for kids. Fans of NMU... $9,999.95 (but only if you have the 1/2 off admission coupon).

Ryan J

Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 01-25-2010, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Re: The Collection

Sure not a problem, just don't pull a Jake Hauswirth on me and commit and then no show... Those Merrill folks are wishy-washy that way some times.

Just kidding - shoot me an email or PM a couple days in advance and I'm sure we can work out a time for you to see the collection in person. No admission charge either for Tech fans. All others $99.95 for adults, $89.95 for kids. Fans of NMU... $9,999.95 (but only if you have the 1/2 off admission coupon).

Ryan J

Will do! You might hear from us during Spring Break.
                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
                            Heh, I don't want any of those. Actually, the one I want more than any other is the mesh gold one that came before the dazzle. That is my ALL-TIME FAVORITE. Hell, it doesn't even have to be C's! I saw one of those way far away at the Frozen Four in Denver... I thought it was you. I think it was Lars's jersey.
                            I have the Lar's jersey (in the upper center of the photo above) but I saw a couple of those for sale on Ebay by Houghton locals after Tech raffled them off. I had one already and they went for CRAZY money so I didn't bid on them. I know the guys that have them because I pester them all the time to sell them for a loss.

That mesh Conner would be sweet, although it looked like a dress on him. I don't think Roy gave him a choice of sizes, or maybe they just hoped he would grow into it...

Ryan J

What a line that was... RUN Desmet Murphy Conner Baby!
                            Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 01-25-2010, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                              FTFY.
                              Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                              I agree with Twitch, I'm starting to hate the whole puck sliding into goal and then invisible wall at the goal line, the goalie reaches back and then saves it...

And the puck takes 'magic' bounces into my net
                              I'm still playing '09, but I like how the upper difficulties actually force you to play intelligently and backcheck, or when you're playing as a goalie the puck is actually in your end of the ice for more than three seconds at a time. I didn't realize the AI in '10 was lame - or maybe you guys just suck.

Comment

• Re: The Collection

Ryan J

I hope to one day have that many former Sioux players jerseys. I only have like 15 or 20 now.
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X