Re: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part V: We Were Dead On Arrival

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
    I'm not underage in two months

I promise I won't open it till then...
    That's what she said?

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Serious question for Tech fans. I know that last year your team had injuries all through the season, which had a great deal to do with their losses. Has that played a role this year, or has the team been pretty healthy.
      no. we've been injury plagued again although not as bad as last year. we don't understand why our conditioning seems so poorly done. we have a skating treadmill, a great weight room and (what we thought was) a good conditioning coach.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Serious question for Tech fans. I know that last year your team had injuries all through the season, which had a great deal to do with their losses. Has that played a role this year, or has the team been pretty healthy.
        There have been a pretty good amount of injuries this season as well, but they've come and gone rather than being deathly consistent throughout the season. They've hurt us for sure, but they haven't stolen the show like they did last season. H1N1 hit us pretty bad around November as well.

What has really killed this team has been a lack of discipline, particularly to stay out of the box. Players have given up on any sort of team effort and are just playing for themselves. Combined with our putrid penalty kill (hovering around 62 percent,) this make it almost impossible to win.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

To all naysayers out there. twitch, that's you.

When I coached, which was a long time ago I learned one important thing. If you believe you will lose, you will. I would tell the players, if you think we can't win tomorrow, do me a favor and stay home.
          So I am an optimist and I think we can win tomorrow and can win a lot more often from here on.

I mean robert morris beat miami!
          So here's to optimism!
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            To all naysayers out there. twitch, that's you.

When I coached, which was a long time ago I learned one important thing. If you believe you will lose, you will. I would tell the players, if you think we can't win tomorrow, do me a favor and stay home.
            So I am an optimist and I think we can win tomorrow and can win a lot more often from here on.

I mean robert morris beat miami!
            So here's to optimism!
            Also, you still get two more against UMD, the team your team beat last. So there's hope. We always seem to s*** the bed against Tech for some reason.
            Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              There have been a pretty good amount of injuries this season as well, but they've come and gone rather than being deathly consistent throughout the season. They've hurt us for sure, but they haven't stolen the show like they did last season. H1N1 hit us pretty bad around November as well.

What has really killed this team has been a lack of discipline, particularly to stay out of the box. Players have given up on any sort of team effort and are just playing for themselves. Combined with our putrid penalty kill (hovering around 62 percent,) this make it almost impossible to win.
              Basically, what Twitch said. I'd also throw in that they are often careless with the puck, turning it over too much and giving the other team too many odd-man rushes.

And let's be honest - Genoe stood on his head and stole those two points for us. If he'd had an "average" night or even just a "decent" night, we probably wouldn't be talking about Duluth sh*tting the bed against Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Basically, what Twitch said. I'd also throw in that they are often careless with the puck, turning it over too much and giving the other team too many odd-man rushes.

And let's be honest - Genoe stood on his head and stole those two points for us. If he'd had an "average" night or even just a "decent" night, we probably wouldn't be talking about Duluth sh*tting the bed against Tech.
                And the team hasn't been the same since the crazy people sunshined him.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

You know, maybe it isn't the Hat. Maybe its just the sheer number of posts in the MTU Season threads that could be behind the team's less than stellar play this year.
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                    Hey bb_dl...

Did you see my post about a case of Grain Belt??
                    It's good to see you enjoyed the premo. If only I had enough to share...for a few more days.

Comment

I am excited to be in Houghton this weekend with the Techies!

But very sad and disappointed to be missing out on the Sioux/Gopher series...
                      Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                      http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                      Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                      Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                      Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                      All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

A couple fun/depressing facts about the Michigan Tech "hockey" team:

If we win ALL remaining games:

We will still not have a winning record.
                        Denver currently has 23 points, if we win all remaining games, we'd still only have 28...

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          And the team hasn't been the same since the crazy people sunshined him.
                          Interesting connection, I like where you are coming from

I'm glad my off-season prediction that Tech would lose every game this season is still holding close to good, havent had much to get disappointed about
                          Last edited by Painted_Bandit; 01-11-2010, 09:09 PM.
                          Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                          Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

Thanks Twitch and Huskyfan. UAA has kinda been in the same boat, I don't think Shyiak has had a full roster to choose from so far this season. Right now we have two out injured (Lunden and Vidmar). Crowell is suspended for both games against you guys, and Tuton is suspended for Friday. I know how frustrating it can be, believe me. I feel for you guys.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Thanks Twitch and Huskyfan. UAA has kinda been in the same boat, I don't think Shyiak has had a full roster to choose from so far this season. Right now we have two out injured (Lunden and Vidmar). Crowell is suspended for both games against you guys, and Tuton is suspended for Friday. I know how frustrating it can be, believe me. I feel for you guys.
                              We appreciate it, but there's really no need to feel for us. Many Tech fans have been here before, and after last season, plus the first half of this season, I'd say we're all experienced losers now.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                We appreciate it, but there's really no need to feel for us. Many Tech fans have been here before, and after last season, plus the first half of this season, I'd say we're all experienced losers now.
                                As are many UAA fans. UAA has not swept Tech in Houghton since 1999! BTW, anyone know why the Saturday game is so early? Scheduled for 1:07 Alaska time.
                                Originally Posted by aparch
                                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X