X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part V: We Were Dead On Arrival

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Meh, those got kinda old. They were fun for a bit, but one can only make so many jokes about road cones.
    Especially when a road cone would probably do as well as some of our defensemen. And sadly, I'm not joking.
    Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

I did a little more research on Gubb, and it appears my guess was correct. He's an energy forward who will hit and chip in some points, but he's no sniper. Sounds like a Gwilliam or (more likely) BUNGER! replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
        Especially when a road cone would probably do as well as some of our defensemen. And sadly, I'm not joking.
        *cough* VanWagner *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
          *cough* VanWagner *cough*
          I was thinking more along the lines of Doriott. Although I suppose a road cone would actually be able to stay out of the penalty box...
          Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

VanWagner's play has always been up and down; no surprise there. He started out the season pretty well, but I guess the return of his injury threw him off.

I have never been a fan of Dorito. 17th century cannon of a shot, takes bad penalties regularly, and is a mediocre skater even considering his size.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              I have never been a fan of Dorito. 17th century cannon of a shot, takes bad penalties regularly, and is a mediocre skater even considering his size.
              I'm pretty sure you could have said the exact same thing about John Scott mid way through his sophomore year. Except replace mediocre with bad.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                I'm pretty sure you could have said the exact same thing about John Scott mid way through his sophomore year. Except replace mediocre with bad.
                I never got to see John Scott play for Tech (well I don't remember him, actually) but there can be no way that Rickety Cricket turns into a John Scott. Ricky doesn't know when to take a penalty for roughing and when not to; he takes them at the worst time. He really looks lost most of the time on the ice. And I doubt he can drunk rage drive as well as Scott can.

Comment

Robgreen could've skated around John Scott when Scott came to Tech.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

You'd be surprised how bad John Scott was early on at tech.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
                      I was thinking more along the lines of Doriott. Although I suppose a road cone would actually be able to stay out of the penalty box...
                      Yes, but John Scott follows through on post-whistle activities...Doriott just takes it far enough to get the stupid penalty then gives up...

If he's gonna be a John Scott, he's gotta learn how to be a true goon on the ice...

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                        Yes, but John Scott follows through on post-whistle activities...Doriott just takes it far enough to get the stupid penalty then gives up...

If he's gonna be a John Scott, he's gotta learn how to be a true goon on the ice...
                        Its hard to be a true goon in college, since they can't fight. I know John Scott found a way, but he's a special guy. That and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have set foot on WCHA ice again if he every dropped the gloves again.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Its hard to be a true goon in college, since they can't fight. I know John Scott found a way, but he's a special guy. That and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have set foot on WCHA ice again if he every dropped the gloves again.
                          Did he have any other fights other then Ryan Hale?

I, of course, use the term "fight" loosely in this instance...
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            Did he have any other fights other then Ryan Hale?

I, of course, use the term "fight" loosely in this instance...
                            I don't remember him getting in others that were too bad. He was in scuffles and such. I just remember hearing after the Hale fight that it was so bad that he was on a zero tolerance policy when it came to fighting.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Mike Commodore broke Alex Brook's face and nothing happened to him.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                                Mike Commodore broke Alex Brook's face and nothing happened to him.
                                Yeah, but everyone is used to the Sioux being hostile and abusive.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X