X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part V: We Were Dead On Arrival

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    There are some serious "morans" who troll the DMG comments. Drop to D3? Play in the AHA? BWAHAHAHA!

http://www.mininggazette.com/page/co...ommentNum10654
    I like how one of the accounts is "yoopertroll"
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
      Haha. That is great. I still like my idea from a few seasons ago: NMU and Tech move to the CHA, save the league, and both compete for an autobid. Plus we get to play more than 3 times a season.
      Only if lake state comes too!
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Something else to try is discount in advance ticket sales. If you buy your ticket Monday through Thursday...make it a few dollars cheaper.
        That's actually not a bad idea.

I really hate most of the general population at NMU.
        Me, too.
        Always a Wildcat...
        Originally posted by Kepler
        If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

The huskies make me very sad these days...

Comment

Originally posted by RunDMCLine4ever View Post
            The huskies make me very sad these days...
            You're not alone, believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
              Except that part of the UP has a Laker infestation...

I agree though, it would be neat to have some kind of advertisement somewhere about this.
              Hey now, GVSU has yet to place a Satelite campus north of the Bridge yet. Der be no Lakers north of da Bridge!

Something else to try is discount in advance ticket sales. If you buy your ticket Monday through Thursday...make it a few dollars cheaper.
              Defiently worth a try.

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              Tech did this in 2003. It riled up the football alumni enough that they came up with the money to fund it themselves. The program is now entirely funded by the Alumni Association without any assistance from Tech.

One "do you mind awfully if we use your stadium?" to the University of Michigan later, and Tech football was back on the map.
              Ummmm.... Ahhhhhmmmm.... Somebody else had to agree to swap home and away dates that season as well to pull off the Bash at the Big House. And then holy moses, after all that, MTU was pretty darn good that year and even hosted North Dakota in the playoffs that year.

Sometimes a big move has to be made to get attention. How riled up would the MTU Hockey fan base be if it was announce that due to lack of funds, MTU would no longer be hosting the GLI?? I'm pretty sure something like that would get a lot of attention, and could possibly work out a solution much similar to what MTU football got.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                Sometimes a big move has to be made to get attention. How riled up would the MTU Hockey fan base be if it was announce that due to lack of funds, MTU would no longer be hosting the GLI?? I'm pretty sure something like that would get a lot of attention, and could possibly work out a solution much similar to what MTU football got.
                After this year's performance, most would probably be relieved.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  After this year's performance, most would probably be relieved.
                  Yeah...some might be happy that no one down state would ever have to go through that embarrassment again...
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

An old but great skit to entertain the thread.

******* width="512" height="296">****** name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/7YOK89B0wGj24qT21nhVAw">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/7YOK89B0wGj24qT21nhVAw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296">

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                      An old but great skit to entertain the thread.

******* width="512" height="296">****** name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/7YOK89B0wGj24qT21nhVAw">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/7YOK89B0wGj24qT21nhVAw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296">
                      Yager, you rock, but I can't help asking, how does a certain female feel about mr schweaty!
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Heads up, we have a new recruit:

Tyler Gubb, of the BCHL's Salmon Arm Silverbacks.

Not the greatest stats, but not terrible. Looks like a 3rd/4th liner to me.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Heads up, we have a new recruit:

Tyler Gubb, of the BCHL's Salmon Arm Silverbacks.

Not the greatest stats, but not terrible. Looks like a 3rd/4th liner to me.
                          Seriously what kind of a team name is the Silverbacks?

He looks like he will fit in nicely at Tech.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
                          Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

Originally posted by The Incredible Gulk View Post
                            Seriously what kind of a team name is the Silverbacks?

He looks like he will fit in nicely at Tech.
                            Silverback, the dominate male gorilla in a group. You don't mess with the Silverback.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I still think its a weird name for a hockey team, especially in a canadian league. Maybe if it was a team from Africa or something It would make more sense to me.

On that note, do they even have hockey in Africa? Maybe we should try recruiting there next.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
                              Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

Originally posted by The Incredible Gulk View Post
                                I still think its a weird name for a hockey team, especially in a canadian league. Maybe if it was a team from Africa or something It would make more sense to me.

On that note, do they even have hockey in Africa? Maybe we should try recruiting there next.
                                Yes.
                                Always a Wildcat...
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Working...
                                X