9.Adrian
    10.Amherst
    11.Williams
    12.River Falls
    13.Gustavus Adolphus
    14.Wentworth
    15.Superior

Had a hard time placing 10-15.

Im not sure if Amherst is going to be able to jump that high but in my opinion they needed to be higher than Williams since they beat the Ephs.

This is also assuming Wentworth beats Plymouth State tomorrow....

Discuss.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: New Poll Predictions for 1/11

Adrian sticks at #9? Geesh. I think they may trickle back a few more. Perhaps near #11-#13
    WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
    NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
    WIAC Championships: 10-11
    NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
    NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
      Adrian sticks at #9? Geesh. I think they may trickle back a few more. Perhaps near #11-#13
      As I noted elsewhere, if the periods were 18 minutes 45 seconds long, instead of 20 minutes, Adrian would have shutout Oswego 2-0.
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Perhaps...

But i feel (having seen a few and judging by box scores) they gave Oswego their best game all season sans Elmira and Plattsburgh and both of those teams are top 6 teams.

Adrian is a top 10 team in my opinion and in Webb/Scott's opinion who have seen them more times than most on the board.
        GO LAKERS!!!
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Adrian sticks at #9? Geesh. I think they may trickle back a few more. Perhaps near #11.
          IMO they should drop out. They've clearly showed they dont belong there. Got handled by hamline, who barely scraped together a tie this weekend against the last place ncha team
          UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
          NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
          Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
            IMO they should drop out. They've clearly showed they dont belong there. Got handled by hamline, who barely scraped together a tie this weekend against the last place ncha team
            You mean the same Superior team that received votes in the last poll and will most likely be ranked in Monday's poll at #15?

If you think Adrian shouldn't be in the rankings you haven't watched a single D-III hockey game this year.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Hmm, Colby hasn't lost a game since November, has an 8 game unbeaten streak (6-0-2)I believe, tied Norwich tonight, I would put them ahead of Superior and Wentworth. Other than that, I would only be nit picking.
              Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                You mean the same Superior team that received votes in the last poll and will most likely be ranked in Monday's poll at #15?

If you think Adrian shouldn't be in the rankings you haven't watched a single D-III hockey game this year.
                haha I haven't in person actually...and I'm sure you know that. They should not be in top 10. They will drop to 12-13. I don't know who in the hell is voting for Superior or why.

CSS must be pretty **** good.
                UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                  Hmm, Colby hasn't lost a game since November, has an 8 game unbeaten streak (6-0-2)I believe, tied Norwich tonight, I would put them ahead of Superior and Wentworth. Other than that, I would only be nit picking.
                  Good point on Colby. I could see them getting ranked too. Forgot their tie was to Norwich. Not too shabby considering the Cadets have yet to lose to anybody.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

The latest KRACH ranking has Fredonia at 11. I got corrected in another post for lamenting about Fredonia's lack of respect, but it is nice to see that a statistical ranking (which one might call "unbiased") gives Fredonia some credit for the efforts so far this season.

Comment

Originally posted by DeFirst View Post
                      The latest KRACH ranking has Fredonia at 11. I got corrected in another post for lamenting about Fredonia's lack of respect, but it is nice to see that a statistical ranking (which one might call "unbiased") gives Fredonia some credit for the efforts so far this season.
                      Are you trying to suggest that because they are ranked 11th in the KRACH they are the 11th best team in D3?

Only 3 of their 11 wins have come against teams with winning records, Potsdam and Westfield State (2).

It's easy to rack up wins when you play a cupcake out of conference schedule that includes two games each against Lebanon Valley and Johnson & Wales.

As I said in the other thread, I think they are a decent team, not great. Just like being 3rd in the SUNYAC is good, not great.
                      Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
                      08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
                      2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Originally posted by nysportsfan29 View Post
                        Are you trying to suggest that because they are ranked 11th in the KRACH they are the 11th best team in D3?

Only 3 of their 11 wins have come against teams with winning records, Potsdam and Westfield State (2).

It's easy to rack up wins when you play a cupcake out of conference schedule that includes two games each against Lebanon Valley and Johnson & Wales.

As I said in the other thread, I think they are a decent team, not great. Just like being 3rd in the SUNYAC is good, not great.
                        I dont think he was suggesting Fredonia is the 11th best team in D-III.

I think he was merely saying that it's nice to see that Fredonia's record is getting recognized in one of the "unofficial" polls USCHO does.

To be fair, three of Fredonia's losses have come to top six teams in the nation. They only lost to Elmira 4-3 and Oswego was a closer game than 7-4. Didn't atleast one of the goals come from an empty net?

The KRACH weights strength of schedule the most and Fredonia has played a pretty decent schedule so far this year and have beaten the teams they were supposed to beat.

I'm not saying Fredonia is a top 15 team or not but they certainly are having a great season in comparison to the down season they had last year. Fredonia and Potsdam are dangerous teams in the SUNYAC that are capable of pulling the upset on Oswego/Plattsburgh IMHO. I dont care what the scores were in the games earlier this season.

The both have shown the tendency to be able to beat Platty/Oswego at times and it wouldn't shock me at all if one of them beat or took points from Wego/Platty later this year.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Oswego scored 4 goals in the last 5 1/2 minutes, with the tieing and game winning goals scored 20 seconds apart.

We'll see how fredonia does when they playthe second half of the suny schedule, but like any Adrian detractor will tell you, it doesn't matter if you play good teams close or not, it only matters if you win or lose.

But don't tell plattsburgh fans that last part

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
                            Oswego scored 4 goals in the last 5 1/2 minutes, with the tieing and game winning goals scored 20 seconds apart.

We'll see how fredonia does when they playthe second half of the suny schedule, but like any Adrian detractor will tell you, it doesn't matter if you play good teams close or not, it only matters if you win or lose.

But don't tell plattsburgh fans that last part
                            True, it only matters if you win or are Plattsburgh (or Oswego, Norwich, Middlebury or Elmira)
                            Larry Normandin
                            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                              As I noted elsewhere, if the periods were 18 minutes 45 seconds long, instead of 20 minutes, Adrian would have shutout Oswego 2-0.
                              But the periods are 20 minutes if if if

Comment

Working...
                              X