UND @ MN: Jan 15-16: Overly Hostile vs Underachieving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND @ MN: Jan 15-16: Overly Hostile vs Underachieving

Pretty much tells you all you need to know right there.

Then again, there are only four of them. Two of which are defenseman. One was out for 6 weeks with a broken jaw, the other is getting little ice time. But, still. I expected Budish and Birkholz to have bit more of an impact.

I for one, will never again be jumping on the "this freshman will take us to the promised land he is absolutely sick" bandwagon ever again. I will just assume that they will play a role, but nothing special in their first season. Anything more is a bonus at this point.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
      Stolen from Brad Schlossman's twitter:
      {sigh}

Makes me sick to my stomach, but what ya going to do?
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        When can we expect Dirty's diatribe on the gophers?
        I always look forward to it.
        Ditto! I love Ditry's blog. I'm just shocked that it took him until the end of November to hit the wall this year.
        Lammy is my daddy: Co-Founder of the Philippe Lamoureux Fan Club

IALTO

Comment

Originally posted by ItalianSioux View Post
          Ditto! I love Ditry's blog.
          Never heard of him.
          Originally posted by CavalryNate
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

FYP

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
            I'm a jack*****.

IALTO

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              I for one, will never again be jumping on the "this freshman will take us to the promised land he is absolutely sick" bandwagon ever again. I will just assume that they will play a role, but nothing special in their first season. Anything more is a bonus at this point.
              That has pretty much been the case for almost all freshman for awhile I would say. You get an occasional Vanek, that raises expectations, but it is rare for a freshman to come in and be a major contributor consistently. Some will occasionally contribute that way, but it is the very rare player who you could actually expect it from before the season, especially given the fact that a player who can dominate at the college level is a lot closer to the NHL than they used to be. So if they have that much talent, might just skip the NCAA. For others, it is to hard to predict an adjustment period. Some of the Gopher juniors and seniors still seem to be adjusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                He isn't seeing a lot of ice time, which makes him less noticeable. But I also suspect that he is being told to pay more attention to his positional play, which shifts his focus away from looking for big hits.
                Either that or John Hill's Pink Tie got a hold of Seth.....
                /cringe

Comment

So I looked on the BTN site for video streaming info (considering trying it for first time ever). I just love that in the sports links at the bottom, they only offer mens and womens bouncyball. But I looked at the list of ice hcokey games and they list a 5 pm game friday MN v UND (Women's) and an 8 PM ET MN v UD (Women's). I assume the 8 o'clock game is men's, and not a replay, but I really don't want to pay even three dollars for a women's game when the men are playing. Does anyone know for sure this is the Men's game and can tell me if it is worth even $3? (My wife will think I am even more nuts if I sit and watch the computer for 3 hours.)

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                    Does anyone know for sure this is the Men's game and can tell me if it is worth even $3? (My wife will think I am even more nuts if I sit and watch the computer for 3 hours.)
                    I paid the $3 for the Gopher-Michigan State game on the BTN and it was ok. Probably worth the $3 but not much more than that. It cut out a little but was still watchable at least for me.
                    Originally posted by CavalryNate
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

This guy looks like he was born to play for UND. I wonder if hakstool will try to bring him in for a few games to help UND out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,212947
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                        This guy looks like he was born to play for UND. I wonder if hakstool will try to bring him in for a few games to help UND out.

How far can he throw a lawnmower?

IALTO

Comment

Pretty much tells you all you need to know right there.

Then again, there are only four of them. Two of which are defenseman. One was out for 6 weeks with a broken jaw, the other is getting little ice time. But, still. I expected Budish and Birkholz to have bit more of an impact.

More victims of the "suck bug"? It's mind boggling when guys who are drafted and have scoring promise like White, Budish, Hansen, Carman, Birkholz, etc. come in and are either sporadic or non existent. Without a doubt, this organization could use a serious overhaul.
                          Last edited by HarleyMC; 01-12-2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

One of my favorite Wooger lines from the series with Harvard was on Friday night late in the second period.

"Carman is off his game tonight. He hasn't taken a penalty yet."
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

One of my favorite Wooger lines from the series with Harvard was on Friday night late in the second period.

"Carman is off his game tonight. He hasn't taken a penalty yet."
                              That's classic gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post

Looked into it...he does not have any eligibility...
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X