Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Cloud @ Quinnipiac Jan 15th and 16th: Are we playing the Gophers yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Cloud @ Quinnipiac Jan 15th and 16th: Are we playing the Gophers yet?

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    Huh...upon closer inspection, the giant Q is actually pretty good. Should be a close series.
    You try and schedule a few cupcakes, then they turn it on the year you play them. Don't you hate it when that happens? Happened with the Gophers last year with Northeastern in the lame-o holiday thinger.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
      I'm harmless.
      I thought you were dead

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
        Huh...upon closer inspection, the giant Q is actually pretty good. Should be a close series.
        The jury is kind of out on that right now - the Q was unexpectedly amazing in the first 2 months or so of the season, but it has been very downhill since then. Started off 12-1-0, and they're gone 1-6-1 since then, with the 1 win against AIC, the 1 tie against Holy Cross, and losses to Brown and Harvard (who I earlier confused with Dartmouth... my bad) are pretty glaring. They started out 7-0-0 and way in front in the ECAC, which was pretty amazing, but they're now 7-6-0 and functionally in 7th place.

So, like I said, desperate team. They don't get another crack at ECAC teams until the end of the month, so they're eager to get the ship righted before that, I would think.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Huskies have to play better than they have been, more consistent.
          Yes we've gotten the wins, but the level of play we should expect hasn't been there and on the road we need it to be.
          So other than looking at stats, who are the players we should watch for for Quinnipiac?
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            Yes we've gotten the wins, but the level of play we should expect hasn't been there and on the road we need it to be.
            So other than looking at stats, who are the players we should watch for for Quinnipiac?
            Lampe never takes a shift off, very hard-working kid. Wong is one of the best goalscorers in the ECAC, we have a 12 kid freshman class, which always works hard, too.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
              www.QuinnipiacBobcats.com has one, you gotta pay for it. Not sure if they do pay-per-game or just a monthly pass, but the monthly pass is only $8, and that would get you both games.

It's very high quality, QU's radio announcers are good and they use 3 or 4 cameras to webcast the game.
              Nice! thank you I will be watching.
              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                Lampe never takes a shift off, very hard-working kid. Wong is one of the best goalscorers in the ECAC, we have a 12 kid freshman class, which always works hard, too.
                If I remember correctly Wong picked the Q over SCSU. Looking at his stats he has become a heck of a player.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

If you can believe this, I absolutely agree with you 100%. Anybody know what the temperature in hell is today?

Comment

Why are you so negative all the time? The team just won four in a row.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                      If I remember correctly Wong picked the Q over SCSU. Looking at his stats he has become a heck of a player.
                      Yes he did, and yes he has!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                        Why do you state your trip was "somewhat disappointing"? Your lame ECAC team got a point. You should be celebrating.
                        We are now ranked higher than St. Cloud in every poll/ranking. As I said before, we were a different team back then and we currently are unbeaten in 14 out of our last 15 games.

It will be interesting to see which teams comes out with more intensity in the series. Will it be Quinnipiac due to the fact that they have been playing terribly and they want to show they still have a winning team? Or will it be St. Cloud, a team that has been playing great hockey this season, ready to take down another ECAC opponent. We'll see.
                        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

We are now ranked higher than St. Cloud in every poll/ranking. As I said before, we were a different team back then and we currently are unbeaten in 14 out of our last 15 games.

It will be interesting to see which teams comes out with more intensity in the series. Will it be Quinnipiac due to the fact that they have been playing terribly and they want to show they still have a winning team? Or will it be St. Cloud, a team that has been playing great hockey this season, ready to take down another ECAC opponent. We'll see.
                          I didn't know the Huskies were playing Union again. The only ranking that matters is the pairwise and last I checked SCSU was ahead of union......

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                            I didn't know the Huskies were playing Union again. The only ranking that matters is the pairwise and last I checked SCSU was ahead of union......
                            Means nothing. Only one ranking means jack squat, and that is twenty-six.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

We are now ranked higher than St. Cloud in every poll/ranking.
                              SECOND PARADE!!!!!!11

Can't wait to see the giant WE'RE #13!!! float on Union Ave.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                                Who cares about ECAC, bring on the Gophers!

I took off work for both games, so I can see them come to STC and get bombarded with glow sticks, and so I can go to Mariucci and be outnumbered by old people 20:1.
                                20:1? Are you sure you're talking Mariucci? It's at least 100:1
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X