Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What facility uprades does your team's rink in need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What facility uprades does your team's rink in need?

I would like to see UNH get the mold off the ceiling first and foremost. Then it would be to get rid of the amber board and put the video replay screen in that was supposed to be there. It would also be nice if they could have completed the tunnel under the rink, but I'm pretty sure there is nothing they can do about that now.
    UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

HAA needs to upgrade their nachos, stat!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
        I would like to see UNH get the mold off the ceiling first and foremost. Then it would be to get rid of the amber board and put the video replay screen in that was supposed to be there. It would also be nice if they could have completed the tunnel under the rink, but I'm pretty sure there is nothing they can do about that now.
        What was the tunnel going to be for?
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
          What was the tunnel going to be for?
          There was supposed to be more locker rooms, weight rooms, meeting rooms. Plus I'm pretty sure more storage is needed. It would just make the facility better.
          UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            Union's Messa Rink = Hopeless. Call in the airstrike.
            I beg to differ. All it needs are better seats, more rest rooms, more parking, bigger concession area, upgraded sound system, different city, ah forget it. Bring in the airstrike.

Comment

Toss the matrix display and put in a video board at the Berry for replays. Oh and solid local fan base would be nice.
              Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
              NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
              Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
              Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

For the Kohl Center - find the money to build that women's rink/practice facility. Presumably that project would also coincide with a slight narrowing of the ice sheet so the two match - I think Eaves is on record as preferring a slightly wider than NHL standard sheet - something like 90 or 92 feet wide instead of the current 97. That would also add another row or two of seating on the glass.

For aesthetic improvements, I'd like to see some variable banners that they can rotate up for hockey games and basketball games - put up a Big Ten set for basketball and a WCHA set for hockey...

I also wish the KC's roof was better for hanging banners from, but the nature of how it's built doesn't really make hanging banners all that easy.
                "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

The Berry needs a video display for replays (esp. with the CCHA refs), more leg room all around ( I get dents in my knees from the seats in front of me), better security to keep people (puck bunnies and high school kids) from continually walking in front of people like crack heads with ADD while people are trying to watch hockey.

There were rumors of NMU creating a basketball arena, but I think that's been thrown out, however, if there were to build a seperate arena, my idea would be to keep the Berry as the basketball/concert venue and build a strictly hockey/USOEC speed skating venue with better sightlines, more friendly fan and athlete facilities, video display and tv production upgrades etc.

Oh, and not looking like a fleet of concrete trucks just dumped a load on the ground would be nice.

/get off my lawn

Comment

Originally posted by DETBrass27 View Post
                    The Berry needs a video display for replays (esp. with the CCHA refs), more leg room all around ( I get dents in my knees from the seats in front of me), better security to keep people (puck bunnies and high school kids) from continually walking in front of people like crack heads with ADD while people are trying to watch hockey.
                    THIS! Oh my god.
                    Always a Wildcat...
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

A new coach?

Oh. Facility, not faculty.

A new coach.

(seriously, why put a turd in a fancy new wrapper?)
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Ohio State needs its own building instead of playing in The Mausoleum that is the Schott. Something along the lines of what Miami built would be perfect. Maybe if the football team could win another NC, we could get some of that money.

Comment

I actually yelled at some high school kids that would not sit down piccdiva. I felt like I accomplished something... and it felt good.

/get off my lawn

27th POST!!!! on this account anyway haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
                            Yes the Kohl was designed for base-ketball, not hockey. Hockey was a by product so the UW could save money and not have to pay rent to the Coliseum. And it needs BEER!!!!!!!
                            The Kohl has beer, if you are "connected" in terms of suites, money, etc. Keep in mind this is a "college" sport, not a sport run by money only!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              HAA needs to upgrade their nachos, stat!
                              A hot dog upgrade would be nice too!

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                                I got threatened with expulsion after throwing my hat on the ice for a hat trick at a Wisconsin women's game. I'll admit, I'm not sure what happens to hats that get thrown on ice at most arenas, but I'm pretty sure it isn't a power-hungry security guard getting to take it home with him which is what happened.
                                Same thing happened to me at WMU a few years ago. The ushers threatened to kick me out (it's all your fault, Chris Kunitz!!!). But my son watched where the hat went (to the penalty box), and after the game he just went and got it for me.

It also happened twice this year (ok, one was not a hat trick but it was announced pre-maturely, then changed). Pat Nagle's dad (Pat is a goalie for Ferris) threw his hat on the ice, as it should be, then the refs picked it and others up and delivered them to the penalty box. Our penalty box keeper then delivered said hat to Mr. Nagle after the game! COOL !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X