Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What facility uprades does your team's rink in need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What facility uprades does your team's rink in need?

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    The one improvement i've noticed for the ralph....when i got tickets in the bar there, captain coke was the free pregame drink, it would be much better if the drink was whiskey instead of rum.
    That's nitpicking, isn't it?
    License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
      That's nitpicking, isn't it?
      no. rum is for *******.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
        Mullins Center needs another compressor. There is the main ice surface, and a practice rink in an anjoining building, with only one compressor for both surfaces. I have skated on Mullins many times, and often the ice is soft and slushy, which could be improved by adding a second compressor.
        Same for Magness Arena- the ice is often sketchy. Of course the basketball team doesn't help that either. But Pepsi Center has 2 chillers for 1 sheet.

We could also stand a freaking goal horn and wider concourses- they're wide in most spots and narrow in the most inconvenient of places at the end of games. The music played before the DU lineup is introduced is quiet and reserved- not just family friendly, grandma friendly. Turn it up!
        University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
        Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          I've never seen Alfond, but be careful what you wish for, as far as i'm concerned, good sightlines should be the most important. I've been in many standard bowl style, oval arenas with terrible sightlines.
          There is a large portion of 4 different sections in Alfond that can't see one of the goals, and the back few rows of the lower level in one of the endzones can't see the main scoreboard. A standard bowl could not be a downgrade, at least in terms of sightlines.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            Absolutely concur - the restrooms are an anachronism. Without going into too much detail, there seems to be a flow problem in the Men's facilities.
            Also, on the concourse would like marble floors and for viewing would like heated chairs.
            Marble floors and heated chairs? Visions of Engelstad, my friend?
            "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
            - Mark Twain

Comment

Enlightened security at Agganis. And the food is atrocious.
              Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                From the "Too Late To Do Anything About It Unless You Want To Build A Brand New Building" department:

Terrible corner sightlines.
                Obstructed views in the third tier.

Otherwise, we're fine. If the Coliseum was the Montreal Forum of college hockey, I'm okay with the fact that we now have the Bell Centre of college hockey.
                Yes the Kohl was designed for base-ketball, not hockey. Hockey was a by product so the UW could save money and not have to pay rent to the Coliseum.

And it needs BEER!!!!!!!

Comment

Now that we've gotten opinions on the uprades you feel your arena needs, let's hear what type of upgrades you think would improve your arena.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                    The Kohl Center could use a reduction of about half its' Per Mar staff.
                    What wrong with them...have you gotten kicked out
                    Sorry, my father is the #2 for Per Mar and the kohl.
                    Before UW built the kohl, I was able to go to all games at the fieldhouse for free
                    But we always have season tickets to all the hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
                      What wrong with them...have you gotten kicked out
                      Sorry, my father is the #2 for Per Mar and the kohl.
                      Before UW built the kohl, I was able to go to all games at the fieldhouse for free
                      But we always have season tickets to all the hockey games.
                      I was once given a talking to because I was referring to a UMD player as "Goldilocks" as the Bulldogs were going to their dressing room at the end of a period. So, yeah... Per Mar can eat it. I'm sure that for the most part, Per Mar being a bunch of uptight, anal folk is because that's how the UW Athletic Dept. wants it (see also: the sign/flag policy). But still...

Also, hockey games were at the Coliseum, bouncyball was at the fieldhouse. Just so you're clear...
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I have said for years that The Houston Field House (RPI) could be improved tremendously without spending a ton of money simply by making the seating into an oval shape insted of the current rectangular arrangement.They should also invest in some paint so they can get rid of all the blue seats which have been a mystery to me for years as blue has never been a school color.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                          They should also invest in some paint so they can get rid of all the blue seats which have been a mystery to me for years as blue has never been a school color.
                          Agree, everyone I bring to HFH asks me why half the seats are blue and the other half red. Make them all red or cover the blue up with black paint.
                          Also, wishful thinking here but Id like to see the walkway around the glass be moved up behind the seats somehow, theres nothing more frustrating then trying to watch the game while the late arrivals walk by in front of you trying to find there seats.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            I was once given a talking to because I was referring to a UMD player as "Goldilocks" as the Bulldogs were going to their dressing room at the end of a period. So, yeah... Per Mar can eat it. I'm sure that for the most part, Per Mar being a bunch of uptight, anal folk is because that's how the UW Athletic Dept. wants it (see also: the sign/flag policy). But still...

Also, hockey games were at the Coliseum, bouncyball was at the fieldhouse. Just so you're clear...
                            I got threatened with expulsion after throwing my hat on the ice for a hat trick at a Wisconsin women's game. I'll admit, I'm not sure what happens to hats that get thrown on ice at most arenas, but I'm pretty sure it isn't a power-hungry security guard getting to take it home with him which is what happened.

I'd like to see another tier of pricing (lower) for the third level seating, especially for the previously mentioned obstructed views. It's depressing seeing big chuncks of open seating in the third deck even for some conference games.

As a total pipe dream, I'd like to see an underground tunnel back to the State Street so people could get a drink during the intermissions.

Comment

Union's Messa Rink = Hopeless. Call in the airstrike.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Re: What facility upgrades does your team's rink in need?

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                                I have said for years that The Houston Field House (RPI) could be improved tremendously without spending a ton of money simply by making the seating into an oval shape insted of the current rectangular arrangement.They should also invest in some paint so they can get rid of all the blue seats which have been a mystery to me for years as blue has never been a school color.
                                At Ferris we don't believe in matching team colors to the color of signs, etc around campus. Whenever we get a new president and they change the signage around campus we get a different color; we've even had purple, blue and green signs, even though our team colors are Crimson and Gold. I think those colors have even recently changed, as the hockey jerseys seem more red than crimson.

Oh well.

Oh, back to the original thread, we need at least a new name so people can pronounce it, (now called "Ewigleben Ice Arena" after the president that was here when hockey started), but what we really need is a new arena. Granted, it's a fun venue when packed, but it's old and small with low ceilings. The stands are only on one side and two ends. We've had some recent uprgades, mechanically (seamless glass, new compressors, etc). The pressbox, lobby, and locker rooms have been recently upgraded (very nice job, especially the varsity locker room), but it's still old with a low ceiling.

Probably not a good time to build, though, considering the current Michigan economy.

Oh well.
                                Last edited by hanasoni; 01-09-2010, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X