Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What facility uprades does your team's rink in need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What facility uprades does your team's rink in need?

The Kohl Center could use a reduction of about half its' Per Mar staff.
    Last edited by WeWantMore; 01-09-2010, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
      Munn Arena is still considered one of the finer facilities in the country.
      By who?
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        By who?
        By me and the guy in section R, and that's all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
          By me and the guy in section R, and that's all that matters.
          You need to get out a little more.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
            Because athletics expects you to leave the building, use the ATM at the stadium, then use that money to buy another ticket to re-enter Munn, obviously.
            Actually I forgot - not that this would help at the walking taco or Johnsonville stand - but at concessions, we've evolved.

*****http://www.mackvideoproductions.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/VisaMastercardLOGO2.jpg******

Comment

Maine: Everything.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                Maine: Everything.
                I would take Alfond over a bunch of places.

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
                  Thought it might be interesting to learn about what the fans feel is lacking in their home arenas!

MICHIGAN STATE:
                  Munn Arena is still considered one of the finer facilities in the country. However, because it is build almost completely underground, there is very little room for expansion of the team faacilities. In the past renovations have been more like reconfigurations.

As for the public parts of the building, the current sound system debuted in 1993 and is VERY bad. It sounds terrible and is often turned up way too loud. Also, the men's restrooms could use an ugrade as they have a perminant odor that is never relenting.

I still love Munn Arena, but I think these improvements would help with the overall fan experience.
                  First thing I'd do in Munn is put in shot counters, I think the old scoreboard had shots, I miss it. I've been going since the joint opened and I don't remember the bathrooms ever being good. I'd be happy with hot water on the visitor's side. If you're sitting behind the glass, the sound has sucked since they doubled the height of the glass. I also miss the old white chairs. I think the last time the refrigeration unit was rebuilt was '85. It seems due. Lots of bouncy pucks. But my complaints are mostly trivial. It still a good place to watch or play a game.
                  Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency!

Comment

Originally posted by MCB View Post
                    I've been going since the joint opened and I don't remember the bathrooms ever being good. I'd be happy with hot water on the visitor's side.
                    As I learned today, the water in the Men's room on the visitor's side eventually does get hot.

You just have to run the faucet for at least three minutes.
                    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                    66 - 86 - 07
                    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Munn should be imploded.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                        I would take Alfond over a bunch of places.
                        You can have it!

Give me a 7,000 seat oval with chairbacks and leg room, and modern restrooms and concessions.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                          You can have it!

Give me a 7,000 seat oval with chairbacks and leg room, and modern restrooms and concessions.
                          I've never seen Alfond, but be careful what you wish for, as far as i'm concerned, good sightlines should be the most important. I've been in many standard bowl style, oval arenas with terrible sightlines.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                            As I learned today, the water in the Men's room on the visitor's side eventually does get hot.

You just have to run the faucet for at least three minutes.

This is the polar opposite of RPI's Houston Field House, where the hot water blows out of the tap at baby scalding, fingerprint melting temps...
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

none! Thanks Ralph!
                              License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
                                none! Thanks Ralph!
                                The one improvement i've noticed for the ralph....when i got tickets in the bar there, captain coke was the free pregame drink, it would be much better if the drink was whiskey instead of rum.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X