2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Big win for the Cat's. Not only does it allow them to play another game and possible advance to the Garden, but bumps them back up to 14th in the PWR as well. Men's and Women's bball are head to the NCAA's, time for the hockey cats to secure a spot too.

Madore rebounded nicely and he needs to have another solid game today.

The freshman class has been clutch and that bodes well for the future. Pacan, McCarthy and especially Stalberg have come along nicely throughout the season and have impressed.

Go Cats Go !!
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
      Big win for the Cat's. Not only does it allow them to play another game and possible advance to the Garden, but bumps them back up to 14th in the PWR as well. Men's and Women's bball are head to the NCAA's, time for the hockey cats to secure a spot too.

Madore rebounded nicely and he needs to have another solid game today.

The freshman class has been clutch and that bodes well for the future. Pacan, McCarthy and especially Stalberg have come along nicely throughout the season and have impressed.

Go Cats Go !!
      # 14 in the PWR won't get it done. The cut off line is currently at # 13, so anyone below that needs a miracle. UVM needs to win tonight and probably win the semi to feel comfortable about getting a bid.
      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

For those looking for some video highlights.. go to

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../-1/sportstest

scroll down to the picture of the scoreboard and hit play.

Also like that the NH papers are a bit negative. A little bit of here we go again feeling to it....

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
          # 14 in the PWR won't get it done. The cut off line is currently at # 13, so anyone below that needs a miracle. UVM needs to win tonight and probably win the semi to feel comfortable about getting a bid.
          How is the cut off 13? UAH moved it to 14...

Comment

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
            How is the cut off 13? UAH moved it to 14...
            Doesn't the AHA team get a bid? I could be wrong but I think the team sitting at 14 will have to hope for zero upsets the rest of the way or will be the first team out.

Comment

Doesn't the AHA team get a bid? I could be wrong but I think the team sitting at 14 will have to hope for zero upsets the rest of the way or will be the first team out.
              Yes, AHA gets a bid. The line is at 14 now and you are 100 percent correct it would take great luck to not upset that status quo. I wouldn't count on 14 being the line. SLU is the one team I think can upset the rankings. I would look for 12 to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
                Yes, AHA gets a bid. The line is at 14 now and you are 100 percent correct it would take great luck to not upset that status quo. I wouldn't count on 14 being the line. SLU is the one team I think can upset the rankings. I would look for 12 to be safe.
                I can't imagine no upsets the rest of the way considering how things have gone. You're probably right about # 12. Teams like SLU or UMD could mess things up even more. A win vs. UNH tonight would ease the pressure a bit. Tonight's game is going to be a monster for both teams.

Comment

I can't imagine no upsets the rest of the way considering how things have gone. You're probably right about # 12. Teams like SLU or UMD could mess things up even more. A win vs. UNH tonight would ease the pressure a bit. Tonight's game is going to be a monster for both teams.
                  Yeah, UVM needs to win or pray for BU and ME to win and some other combination of wins. Denver, Yale, BC etc.. to keep them around.

Comment

Recap and postgame video from last night's contest from Biz Jacobs of Inside Hockey for your late morning/early afternoon entertainment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YccwtrNAec8
                    http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/6159

Comment

Congrats to UVM for your victory last night. Your team deserved the win.

I hope UNH both gets and deserves the win tonight. But one way or the other, I'll be rooting for the Cats next weekend in Boston.
                      We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                      ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                      --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                        On the B2 it looked like the Vermont fans had the whole end to themselves. To bad none of the home ice teams want to host as much as we would have.
                        Untrue -- but that's what you get from one camera guy video, I guess.

I think UNH had the highest attendance last night, not positive. With quarterfinals, the cost for a seat with a back is only $2 more than a GA seat (the ends, where UVM fans sat). Since many, many season tickets holders do not purchase 1/4s tickets in advance, there are BUNCHES of seatbacks available, and people generally choose to sit there first.

The UVM section (111? 112?) was nearly full, and very vocal (grrrr). The student section end was MAYBE 1/2 full, and the opposite end was about the same, although more spread out (the student section was almost entirely the front half). I can see why it looked that way, though, from the camera.

Now, Vermont fans, please go home, and not to the game tonight. Your teams does not need your support
                        I haven't been on here in a year...
                        Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Well for today I would think we need to root for BU and UMD. Next week we need SLU and Yale (Assuming not playing each other). Though I am not sure if a CC win against UMD and then losing next week is better for us. Other than that it would be helpful if UVM just won outright

Comment

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Big, Big Gratz to the Cats! All the crap they took on this board, and who goes to the Garden ! Unbelievable!

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Anctil makes his career highlight at the perfect time.

Madore back to back shotouts covering 7 periods!!!

It gonna take some time to recover from watching this game.
                              New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

congrats cats , you deserved , played better series, goodluck .........

Comment

Working...
                                X