Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-2010 Official Vermont Season Thread : The Sequel

Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
    Naw not on T.V. The NESN broadcast randomly chose MC vs BU to televise...? I wonder how they pick what game to broadcast??? But you can watch the game on the b2 network for like 8 bucks a pop I think. The Lowell broadcast was terrible and they only had one camera angle with awful quality and no replays. I felt like I was playing Blades of Steel on NES (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILy6T5tgnao) Different rinks seem to have different capabilities for this internet broadcast. Watching the games on this network at the Gutt there are a few camera angles, better quality shots, replay, and even an animated scoreboard. You would think that a rink as modern as the tsongas would be able to step it up for the internet broadcasts. Hopefully, Lake Whitt will be able to provide some decent quality.
    The BC game Friday was pretty good.. just one camera, but it was done well... the previous few games, including at least the Saturday UVM game, were god awful from UNH, but for the most part, this year, they have had a pretty good broadcast..

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
      I disagree, UNH is a better team at their best, but unfortunately for UNH fans, we haven't seen them play more than 15-20 minutes in a game since January
      I don't know if UNH, per se, is a better team at their best. This UVM team has beaten Denver at Magness, and taken 2 of 3 from BC. Not sure how you can get much better than that...

UVM lows have been MUCH lower and have occurred more often in the year. If UVM can match their best performance of the year, they will be difficult to beat. I'm not picky, I'd just like to see them match the performance at UNH in mid February. If we have a few bounces go our way, who knows what can happen.

There are very good reasons that UVM finished 8th in the conference, while also being 16th nationally in the PWR...and I'm hoping the qualities that make them a top 20% percentile team in the nation will start to shine through again.

Comment

I'm not sure how you explain going 6-1 in NC play including 3-1 versus Denver, UMD, Yale, - some of those in convincing fashion - compared to being well under .500 in conference play.

It's like they play spin the bottle before each game - if it lands here we play well, if it lands here we don't execute and play with intensity.

While I also thought they had turned the corner after the BU weekend I was completely disappointed with the effort at UML. Pathetic. If they did not bring their best effort last weekend playing for their playoff lives when they controlled their destiny, then why would they bring it this weekend against a much better team that has owned them since birth?

I hope the bottle stops in the right spot two out of three nights this weekend.

Comment

Not sure if it was a lack of effort last weekend. They looked tired and a couple guys I suspected were a little banged up but playing as there are no other options. More so execution wasn't what it was against BU and both teams on Saturday looked like they were sitting back a bit trying to capitalize on that one big mistake.

Comment

Just if anyone cares, I was watching the leafs and bruins game a couple days ago and Stalberg looked really really good. Tonight he also scored 2 goals in the leafs win over the lightning. Glad to see he's doing well

Comment

Ted Ryan is reporting Anctil and Franzon are off the injury list however Wahs and Spillane will miss the series.
              Originally posted by Hokydad
              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
                Just if anyone cares, I was watching the leafs and bruins game a couple days ago and Stalberg looked really really good. Tonight he also scored 2 goals in the leafs win over the lightning. Glad to see he's doing well
                He looked good last night as well and add in the 2 goals as fruits of his labor. Looks like he is playing with more confidence. Hopefully, little rocket can equal the tally tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                  Ted Ryan is reporting Anctil and Franzon are off the injury list however Wahs and Spillane will miss the series.
                  Franzon certainly would be an upgrade over Herrington.....not sure who they'd sit if Anctil dressed, think I'd keep Leonard and Marshall in the line-up over Jay.

Comment

It took me a while to write this up for the game thread, so I wanted to post it here, too . . . safe travels to anybody coming down I-89 -- if nothing else, be glad you don't have to travel all the way across Route 2 to go play da Bears.

Originally posted by Ogilthorpe View Post
                    might be in the thread already but too lazy to hunt. What are the options for pre-game somewhat close to Whit (within 5 miles). I went to a place maybe a mile or two past the arena on the left with some hot unh ladies tending the bar....that will suffice, but anything else in case it's packed? Looking for a handful of micro's and some pub-grub.
                    Everything in Durham is within 5 miles. 10 minutes walk, at most.

Libbys Bar & Grille is probably the 'classiest' of the Durham eateries (unless you want to spend an arm and a leg at Three Chimneys Inn); good food, reasonably priced, a few of the waitresses are cute.

Ballards (the old Tin Palace) is somewhat comparable to Libby's; more pub style. Everything on tap is always just $3. This is the place you're talking about, on the left, with the hot ladies. Not so anymore

Wings Your Way is just off Main St, on Jenkins Court; if you like hot wings, try this place. They have a couple beers on tap, along with a pretty full menu (burgers, quesedillas, etc). The owner is pretty cute, but rarely around (FWIW for all readers, the newer Wings Your Way in Northhampton blows this one out of the water; Kirby bought an old 99's Building, and went all out). For the brave, try the "Special Reserve" sauce, but heed the warning: not for people with HBP, heart conditions, or pregnant women. Yes, it's really that hot.

Mei Wei is where the China Buffet used to be; it's actually one of the top Chinese places in the area. A friend from NYC said it's the best sushi she's had outside of NY. They have a full bar, and full menu until 1am for post game libations.

Franz's Food is one of my personal favorites in town; no bar, unfortunately. It's a little better food than a normal sub shop, with a wide variety; if you're looking for something quick in town, hit them up.

Moe's Sandwhiches, JP's Eatery, Wildcat Pizza, Village Pizza are all your typical sub shobs; I prefer Wildcat of the three for steak subs, and Moe's has the best italians around.

Enjoy your trip to Durham! Where ya stayin?
                    I haven't been on here in a year...
                    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

KeVin's HEAD =MADore or VaZzAnO?

Comment

sigh.

Tough game for UVM, sounds like defense and goaltending were lousy. Tough combination. Backs firmly against the wall and playing a team that has not lost at home this year.

Comment

Not sure who was there last night, but it was a really interesting game through 38 minutes.

I am not one to lay the blame for any loss on the head of any one player, BUT Madore had a serious substandard game.

Goal 2 for UNH from the point, fluttered in on a soft shot that Madore was screened on, but, as he often does, he went down and the puck went over his shoulder (or glove side).

Goal 3 for UNH - Madore just boneheaded it, went outside the crease to meet the streaking UNH player, lost an edge and empty netter and tide turner.

Goal 5 for UNH - soft shot from inside the blue line that Madore misplayed.

So, as i said, i normally hate to lay the blame on any one player, let me state that Medvic did not have his best effort either.

Will be at the Whitt again, watching with about 3500 other fans in this very empty empty rink for a D1 playoff game. I recognize that the students are on break, but the crowd size was really surprising.
                          Watching UVM hockey from afar.....

Comment

Originally posted by funnnnn View Post
                            Not sure who was there last night, but it was a really interesting game through 38 minutes.

I am not one to lay the blame for any loss on the head of any one player, BUT Madore had a serious substandard game.

Goal 2 for UNH from the point, fluttered in on a soft shot that Madore was screened on, but, as he often does, he went down and the puck went over his shoulder (or glove side).

Goal 3 for UNH - Madore just boneheaded it, went outside the crease to meet the streaking UNH player, lost an edge and empty netter and tide turner.

Goal 5 for UNH - soft shot from inside the blue line that Madore misplayed.

So, as i said, i normally hate to lay the blame on any one player, let me state that Medvic did not have his best effort either.

Will be at the Whitt again, watching with about 3500 other fans in this very empty empty rink for a D1 playoff game. I recognize that the students are on break, but the crowd size was really surprising.
                            Attendance last night:
                            BC: 2888
                            Maine: 3000
                            BU: 3508
                            UNH: 3712

They always have awful attendance throughout the league in these rounds. UNH used to bang out the building when they were one of the top teams nationally, but its dwindled since (2003 and prior) to level out with the rest of the league. Its not surprising at all, but its still a bummer. Bad economy, expensive ticket, also has something to do with it around the league. Kudos to the small and (at times) vocal UVM section to my right.

Comment

Originally posted by GuttCheck View Post
                              sigh.

Tough game for UVM, sounds like defense and goaltending were lousy. Tough combination. Backs firmly against the wall and playing a team that has not lost at home this year.
                              UNH lost BADLY at home to Miami and Cornell this year.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                                UNH lost BADLY at home to Miami and Cornell this year.
                                I guess the quote I saw was wrong. Maybe it was league games....however you cut it, a tough task ahead for UVM

Comment

Working...
                                X