Minnesota State Mavericks @ North Dakota Fighting Sioux 1/8-9/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State Mavericks @ North Dakota Fighting Sioux 1/8-9/10

I didn't see a thread started and its Wednesday! Mavericks are coming off a sweep of RTI at home and the Fighting Sioux haven't played to their potential as of late. Could make an interesting series. I am hoping for a sweep but I don't think that is going to happen and would be happy with a split . Also it will be interesting to see who starts in net for the Mavericks. Phil Cook played really well last weekend, but I could see Austin Lee getting the nod. Thoughts?
    It’s part of why you play all year long, is for the playoffs. We start a new season next Friday night.”

Re: Minnesota State Mavericks @ North Dakota Fighting Sioux 1/8-9/10

Phil Cook will get the start. You don't go away from the goalie with the hot hand. GAA <1, Save % > 95.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavfan21 View Post
      Mavericks are coming off a sweep of RTI at home and the Fighting Sioux haven't played to their potential as of late.
      RIT?
      The Sioux played well in both games against Niagara and ND. Hakstol called the game against ND the most complete 60min the Sioux had played all season.

UND's problem is overcoming injuries. They will get a boost from getting Kristo back from the WJC and Zajac back from injury, but they will be missing Hextall, who was injured late in the ND game.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Mavfan21 View Post
        I am hoping for a sweep
        Me too.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
          RIT?
          Haha oops.

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
          Phil Cook will get the start. You don't go away from the goalie with the hot hand. GAA <1, Save % > 95.
          He is playing hot and would I would like to see him play, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jutting went with the Jr. Austin Lee instead of the Fr. Phil Cook @ NoDak in what could be a pretty big series.
          It’s part of why you play all year long, is for the playoffs. We start a new season next Friday night.”

Comment

The Mavericks are on the Highway to the Danger Zone this weekend. Sioux kill, maim and pillage. Danny Kristo beats Landcows into submission with his medal.

Sioux Sweep
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              Danny Kristo beats Landcows into submission with his medal.
              With WCHA refs, that's probably a penalty.
              Perhaps he could just show them the medal after UND does the stick salute on Saturday night?

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

This might have been posted under the US Junior thread but here it is anyways. Awesome chant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOeGQmvqWmo

Comment

Just checking in.
                  My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

I haven't checked your season thread or any news out of Grand Forks in a while. How is Genoway progressing?
                    Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
                    Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by redheadzeb View Post
                      I haven't checked your season thread or any news out of Grand Forks in a while. How is Genoway progressing?
                      No update has been given really.
                      He's still listed as week-to-week. He won't play this weekend.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                        No update has been given really.
                        He's still listed as week-to-week. He won't play this weekend.
                        Thanks. Too bad what happened; he is fun to watch.

I just confirmed the on-screen TV guide that this weekend's games are listed: FCSC on Friday and FCSA on Saturday for the 7:30 and 7:00 start times respectively. There appear to be bouncey ball games in front of them, however, so let's hope those get over as quickly as possible. No close games and no OT, please
                        Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
                        Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by redheadzeb View Post
                          Thanks. Too bad what happened; he is fun to watch.

I just confirmed the on-screen TV guide that this weekend's games are listed: FCSC on Friday and FCSA on Saturday for the 7:30 and 7:00 start times respectively. There appear to be bouncey ball games in front of them, however, so let's hope those get over as quickly as possible. No close games and no OT, please
                          Finally, some benefit to having these channels!
                          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Purple Land Cows get swept!!!!

4-1 and 5-0

welcome back Gold medal winner Danny Kristo and good to have Zajak back too.. Now go Slaughter some purple cow..

LETS GO SIOUX
                            Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

I want to know how a Sioux fan can't spell Zajac after six years.

Sioux Sweep
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                              X