Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA vs Denver Goin on a road trip

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
    Wow. Hard to believe that was his first game! He's going to be a fun one to watch!

I can't believe how well we did without some =key= players!!
    However, he will quickly learn how the WCHA refs call a game. He took three penalties tonight.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Very weak effort by the Pios tonight--darn lucky to end with a tie. Beat to the puck, lazy and really sloppy with the puck for at least 2/3 of the game. PP sucked, top line sucked. Jessie Martin sucked big time. I agree with 78 missing Chris and Matt really showed. I expect they'll come out ready to play tomorrow night. Has to serve as a major wake up call. Rhett's line will step up tomorrow night--have a hop and pass the puck with some pop.

But on the bright side the Tigers fall to tUND.
      Last edited by MagnessMan; 01-08-2010, 11:57 PM.
      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
        The Pios looked pretty sluggish after an emotional Denver Cup win, and without the students in the barn, another Magness game with little to no atmosphere whatsoever.
        Students were back. We just had nothing to cheer about. Hard to get excited about anything that happened in that hockey game.
        University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
        Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

decent game for the seawolves. Really liked the intensity and the discipline to STAY OUT OF THE **** PENALTY BOX. Still really pleased with the Crowell, Parkinson & Portwood line, they really have gelled all season, glad shyiak hasn't broken those 3 up. And Mr. Olthuis looked sharp, he is starting to play like he did his freshman year.

Hear's a question to you Pio fans, what happened to Luke Salazar, is he hurt or is he fighting for playing time cause i remember a lot of raving about him?
          Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

and two more things

1. DU fans are some of the classiest fans i've ever met. Hopefully can meet some of you guys tomorrow.

2. 12 bucks for parking???? how many fans pay for that?? i'll never complain about sully parking again.
            Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
              and two more things

1. DU fans are some of the classiest fans i've ever met. Hopefully can meet some of you guys tomorrow.

2. 12 bucks for parking???? how many fans pay for that?? i'll never complain about sully parking again.
              Park in the RTD garage- the big one along the interstate. Technically for transit users but by the time the game is over the attendant shack is always empty.

And as far as Salazar goes, he wasn't delivering early in the year so he's had to fight for time as his size makes him more of a liability unless he's scoring.
              University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
              Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

Gwoz's post-game interview (free video). Very critical of the team including the big stars. Even though they talked about it during the week after last weekend's two wins, the team was not mentally prepared. He had a "one-way" conversation with the team after the game. I would expect to see a totally different DU team tonight.

Gwoz's Post Game
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Quite the BORING game last night... i'm hoping for a little more action around the seawolves net tonight!

Oh, and what is a seawolf? Googled it and it came up with some ugly fish... guessing thats not the mascot...
                  Sioux is a girls name!

Comment

Good job Seawolves. Always makes me happy when DU gets anything less than 2 points in a night

Originally posted by rep_the_CO View Post
                    Quite the BORING game last night... i'm hoping for a little more action around the seawolves net tonight!

Oh, and what is a seawolf? Googled it and it came up with some ugly fish... guessing thats not the mascot...
                    Yeah I don't know what a seawolf is either. That seems to be the question everyone asks

And about your sig... "Sue" is a girl's name, not "Sioux"
                    Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                    http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                    Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                    Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                    Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                    All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Sounds like there was some ugliness last night. Glad I missed it. Hopefully Gwoz's "motivational" speech worked, and the Pios can get a blow out win tonight.

Comment

Seems like whenever UAA comes to Magness there is a least one nail biter of game. Hope that was last night and DU comes out with some jump tonight.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                          and two more things

I paid $15.00 for parking in Madison
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                            I paid $15.00 for parking in Madison
                            I didn't even know that there were places that you could pay for parking near the KC.
                            I've never paid for parking when going to the Kohl Center.
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                              That was a hard game to watch even though the Pioneers were in it the whole way. I don't like trap hockey too much and with what Swami said about the atmosphere at the game, no wonder I was battling to keep my eyes open throughout the 2nd and 3rd periods.
                              Wear your favorite green sweater you will feel better after the Seawolves win.
                              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                                I didn't even know that there were places that you could pay for parking near the KC.
                                I've never paid for parking when going to the Kohl Center.
                                I didn’t arrive on a bicycle.

Comment

Working...
                                X