Frozen Fenway - BU / BC 1/8/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Fenway - BU / BC 1/8/10

I can't believe this thread had not been started already... unless I missed it!

BC having a great season so far but kind of taking it on the chin this past weekend and will be looking to bounce back in what should be the highest profile regular season game in college hockey this year.

BU showing some promise last night with a convincing win over #15 UMass.... but also with a lot to prove after basically taking it on the chin all season thus far.

Should be another great chapter in this storied rivaly.

Forecasted a low of 10 degrees on Friday night.... brrrrrrrrr.... what is everyone wearing?
    Last edited by ericredaxe; 01-03-2010, 05:16 PM.

Re: Frozen Fenway - BU / BC 1/8/10

Long term forecast is for this to fall right smack in the middle of a nor'easter, low 20's and 12"....

BC is going to be pumped for this game after the Denver Debacle.
    Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
      Long term forecast is for this to fall right smack in the middle of a nor'easter, low 20's and 12"....

BC is going to be pumped for this game after the Denver Debacle.
      Are you serious? Now weather like that would be a whole chapter in the BU / BC book itself!

No doubt the teams are going to be pumped... even watching the NHL game, you could tell that both teams had a extra spring in their step... I'm sure it will be no different on Friday night.

Comment

Is this game on tv?
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Is this game on tv?
          NESN and NHL Network.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I also heard the nor'easter in the forecast. However, being only Sunday, that could change 12 times between now and Friday. Or at least the timing. I'm curious if there are any back up plans to play it on Saturday if Friday night is impossible.

Options for attire? I should probably go out and buy some stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Is this game on tv?
              NESN according to the BU website.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                I'm curious if there are any back up plans to play it on Saturday if Friday night is impossible.
                There is. Both games would be pushed back 24 hours.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I saw the BU-UMass game. UMass looks like absolute dogcrap and I'm not all that impressed by BU's win. I think the Minutemen had maybe 20 shots on net the entire game despite having 12 or 13 power plays.

However, BC didn't exactly cover themselves in glory this weekend, so I'm not predicting an easy victory.
                  BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                  -
                  Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

I predict sun
                    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                      I predict sun
                      Predict BC or BU and you'll at least have a shot at being right.
                      Boston University 2009 Champs
                      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                        I predict sun
                        At night?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          At night?
                          consider who he roots for.
                          time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                            Predict BC or BU and you'll at least have a shot at being right.
                            BC wins...playing at "The World's Most Beloved Ballpark" I'll take the school with a baseball team

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                              consider who he roots for.
                              Yes, Northeastern University is a terrible academic institution because one of their students forgot that the bu/BC game is at night. You should probably be more condescending to a school which is harder to get in to than bu.

Also, I forgot the game was played at night, but by sun I meant warmth. If it is sunny and relatively warm in the early afternoon that could screw up the quality of the ice surface at night.

Comment

Working...
                              X