• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Junior Team Part II

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Fear.

That seemed to work well.

Maybe someone should repeatedly call The Edge in Toronto, eh? See how they like it?

Here you go, kids. Repeatedly request the Star Spangled Banner or "some American music" or something.
    Hmmm...luckily I have Vonage, free calls to Canada! Requests on the way...

Comment

Just a reminder you can send Team USA a message at:
      camerone@usahockey.org

The emails are posted in the team room and displayed on the USA Hockey blog.

Lets support our boys in their quest for the gold!
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Mike Lee has worn the USA jersey against foreign opponents ten times (2008 World Junior A, 2009 WJC Evaluation Camp, 2009 WJC). I'm not going to risk bad juju by posting his international record, but suffice it to say: it's decent.

GO USA!!!
        scsuhockey.com
        CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

A win tonight would be far bigger than the Gold Medal of 2004 - that team beat Canada and won Gold in Helsinki, Finland - neutral ice. To beat Canada in Canada in front of those fans is a much higher bar of achievement.

In men's play, only the 1996 US World Cup team has beaten Canada for a gold medal in Canada, and those were our best pros.

After 5 straight golds in this tourney, I think Canada, for all their talent and greatness, is perhaps due for a stumble.

Let's see if our boys can make some history tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
            A win tonight would be far bigger than the Gold Medal of 2004 - that team beat Canada and won Gold in Helsinki, Finland - neutral ice. To beat Canada in Canada in front of those fans is a much higher bar of achievement.
            Totally agree. I was talking to my dad and we concluded that this was the biggest game for USA Hockey since the 2002 Olympic gold medal game. It would be absolutely awesome to hear that crowd tonight be either completely silent or booing when the clock hits zeros.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post

In men's play, only the 1996 US World Cup team has beaten Canada for a gold medal in Canada, and those were our best pros.

After 5 straight golds in this tourney, I think Canada, for all their talent and greatness, is perhaps due for a stumble.

Let's see if our boys can make some history tonight.
              That 1996 game was truly the greatest victory over Canada we've ever had. There was a lot of hype about using this victory in the former Canada's Cup to heal the wounds of that nation after the 1995 referendum. The fact Brett Hull and company ended that story in Montreal of all places made it that much sweeter.

Of course 2002 was payback, sort of.

Comment

Sweden is destroying Switzerland 9-1 with five minutes left in the 2nd.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  Sweden is destroying Switzerland 9-1 with five minutes left in the 2nd.
                  I was surprised that the Swiss were the only team outside the Big 7 team to medal in this event back in 1998, but it doesn't look like they're going to repeat that bronze winning performance. They've staged a mini-comeback though to cut it to 9-3.

edit: 10-4 now.
                  Last edited by BoomGoestheDynamite; 01-05-2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

As expected, Mike Lee is going to start tonight against Canada.
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Also, Russia continues their horrible WJC by losing to Finland in the 5th place game, 4-3.
                      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

McKenzie is doing quite the sandbagging about the Canadians and how they are playing currently. He's making them sound like Latvia.
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

US 5 - Canada 3???

Comment

I will be the saddest of bears if we lose this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                              I will be the saddest of bears if we lose this one.
                              Me too, even though I know we're the underdogs.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                                Another classy move by the Canadians.
                                http://twitter.com/tsnjamesduthie/status/7403640896
                                http://www.edge.ca/DJsandShows/Podca....aspx?PID=1136

Podcast, they asked for D'Amigo and Mike Lee answered the phone. Classy indeed
                                Last edited by jazzam; 01-05-2010, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X