Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cornell @ UNH, 1.3.2010 - Let's Ring in the New Year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornell @ UNH, 1.3.2010 - Let's Ring in the New Year!

Just getting things rolling (I guess I'm antsy)... Game is on ESPNU (which I get!) and my amazing parents got me a Netbook for Christmas, so I can post AND watch, it's a Christmas Miracle!

I hope everyone had wonderful and safe holidays, now back to hockey!
    Live Free or Die!

Celeste & Sydney Recovery Fund

Re: Cornell @ UNH, 1.3.2010 - Let's Ring in the New Year!

Hey Erin! Sadly, I am in Minnesota and today will be my first missed game of the year. Luckily I'll be watching on espnu and get to post on here. Krates and Foster are back for UNH today and the lines are staying the same, so the lineup should look like this:
    Thompson-Desimone-Butler
    Moses-Leblanc-Sislo
    Burke-Borisenok-Speelman
    Manz-Block-Henrion

Kostolansky-Kessel
    Krates-Kipp
    Campanale-Beck

Foster
    "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Hey George!

First missed game of 2010 AND of the season? Bummer though. I hope you're having fun at home in MN, though.

31 minutes until game time.
      Live Free or Die!

Comment

Just received a text from my dad who is at the Whitt, said UNH are wearing their 3rd Unis.... also said the same as you, George, Krates (yay!) and Foster back.
        Live Free or Die!

Comment

Yeah, Krates being back presents a numbers problem for UNH, albeit a good problem. He was their second best defenseman when he went down in October. However, the rest of the d-men improved a great deal in November and December. Kostolansky came into the lineup and has been great, especially on the power play. Hardowa is sitting today, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a rotation going forward from here.
          "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Definitely George, I was worried about UNH on D early, didn't know how quickly guys would adapt, but they certainly did in a hurry -- they had to.

My concern for today is, of course, that UNH hasn't played in weeks... Cornell has already played twice since Christmas in Florida, 2 losses... they'll be hungry for a win AND will have their "sea" legs.

Plus, I loathe Sunday afternoon UNH games, always.
            Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by erin View Post
              Plus, I loathe Sunday afternoon UNH games, always.
              I'm with ya on that one. Sounds like they practiced pretty hard this week though and hopefully they'll have an advantage in that they had the whole week to prepare for Cornell, while Cornell played Monday and Tuesday, flew home Wednesday and had a bus ride this weekend.

Comment

Hey, erin and George.... I am here and watching on ESPNU.... just about to crack open an ice cold Harp. Arsenal won their FA Cup game vs West Ham today, 2-1, and are thru to the 4th Round, so I am a happy camper... and UNH hockey is BACK!!!! GO CATS!!!!
                Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
                ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
                Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
                Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
                NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

No ESPNU here in Indy in my hotel/apt. And I can't get it on my PC so you guys will have to keep me updated.

Comment

CU 0 UNH 0, Period 1

Dave Hansen & Gravel are the refs.

Game on!
                    Live Free or Die!

Comment

Malts18 - how about Man. U. losing - that was a shocker.

Comment

CU 0 UNH 0, Period 1

Originally posted by Malts18 View Post
                        Hey, erin and George.... I am here and watching on ESPNU.... just about to crack open an ice cold Harp. Arsenal won their FA Cup game vs West Ham today, 2-1, and are thru to the 4th Round, so I am a happy camper... and UNH hockey is BACK!!!! GO CATS!!!!
                        Hello hello!

Originally posted by CarlS View Post
                        No ESPNU here in Indy in my hotel/apt. And I can't get it on my PC so you guys will have to keep me updated.
                        Will do.

UNH w/a couple of chances early, but Cornell clears it. Foster with a save already, nothing tough.
                        Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by CarlS View Post
                          Malts18 - how about Man. U. losing - that was a shocker.
                          Yeah, Carl.. I watched that game this morning before the Arsenal game and I was floored. Man Utd fielded a strong side, too... they did not have their scrubs in. Crazy. A team two divisions down (albeit the very top of League One) walks into 75000 seat Old Trafford and take down Man Utd??? Wow. Huge upset and awesome game.

UNH looking strong out of the chute... good bids early.
                          Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

UNH Wildcats
                          ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
                          NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

CU 0 UNH 0, Period 1

Game started out a little wide open, up and down, we'll see how long it stays this way.
                            Live Free or Die!

Comment

Cripes... Barry Melrose is the color guy.... horrid. He has NO CLUE about coll hockey. None.

UNH Wildcats
                              ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                              NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Working...
                              X