Plattsburgh Blanks Trinity 9-0 for Cardinal Classic Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plattsburgh Blanks Trinity 9-0 for Cardinal Classic Championship

Admittedly I was not thrilled to see Leis starting in net for Plattsburgh State. However, he truly earned tonight's shutout victory and came up with huge saves when called upon. The Cardinals have done an amazing job during the winter break. Not only has goaltending improved significantly, but they have kicked things up a notch offensively. That seventy shots on goal total was pretty impressive.

What did you all think of Trinity? They seemed to be a fairly competitive team until they opted to visit the fine penalty boxes at the Stafford...

And on that note, feel free to check out my recap of the game at
    http://www.therobbrennan.com/journal...-champion.html

Re: Plattsburgh Blanks Trinity 9-0 for Cardinal Classic Championship

Originally posted by TacoRob View Post
    Admittedly I was not thrilled to see Leis starting in net for Plattsburgh State. However, he truly earned tonight's shutout victory and came up with huge saves when called upon.
    I agree, when I saw Leis in net I said here we go again...He did come up big last night and is deserving of the big SO. Congrats to Josh and the Cards!
    Plattsburgh State Cardinals
    1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
    21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Huge saves?

Hefaced 23 shots while his team put up over three times as many. It's still nice to get a shutout, but it's not like he was standing on his head to keep Plattsburgh in the game here.

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
        Huge saves?

Hefaced 23 shots while his team put up over three times as many. It's still nice to get a shutout, but it's not like he was standing on his head to keep Plattsburgh in the game here.
        **** did you drink carrott juice 24/7 as a kid? Someone with that great of vision to see that far away I just assumed you must have....

Did you even listen to the game?? Didn't think so....
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
          **** did you drink carrott juice 24/7 as a kid? Someone with that great of vision to see that far away I just assumed you must have....

Did you even listen to the game?? Didn't think so....
          Scott knows all Remy...Scott knows all.

I got rogueviking'd last time I tried calling out Scott on commenting on a game he didn't see.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
            Huge saves?

He faced four (4) two on one chances in the first period. Coach Emery said the team had some "mental mistakes" (a.k.a defensive breakdowns). He also snagged a couple glove saves that were beauties. THIS was not indicated in the box score.
            Plattsburgh State Cardinals
            1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
            21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Originally posted by CardsFan91 View Post
              He faced four (4) two on one chances in the first period. Coach Emery said the team had some "mental mistakes" (a.k.a defensive breakdowns). He also snagged a couple glove saves that were beauties. THIS was not indicated in the box score.
              The defense preserved the shutout at least once, maybe twice, but Leis certainly made several remarkable saves - including the "couple glove saves that were beauties" mentioned above. Credit also must be given to Trinity for never giving up the fight to at least prevent the shutout if nothing else, particulary in the third period. Also, close to half of Trinity's SOG's came while short at least one player, their Penalty Kill was actually much more exciting than the box would indicate. Phil Farrow's SHG came with 1 second remaining on the penalty.
              Larry Normandin
              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Wha' Happened . . . ?

Did Trinity take a trip across the border the night before and lose their legs ?

I saw Trinity a couple weeks ago and they looked very solid.

Comment

Originally posted by CenteringPass View Post
                  Wha' Happened . . . ?

Did Trinity take a trip across the border the night before and lose their legs ?

I saw Trinity a couple weeks ago and they looked very solid.

they seemed to like the comfy bench in the sin bin it was almost like everyone on the team was trying to make sure he got to try it out!
                  Jim Reisdorf
                  Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
                    they seemed to like the comfy bench in the sin bin it was almost like everyone on the team was trying to make sure he got to try it out!
                    Nothing like the NY box seats
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                    X