Plattsburgh Cruises Past Castleton State 8-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plattsburgh Cruises Past Castleton State 8-1

Happy New Year all! It's great to see Plattsburgh is picking up where they left off, but...is it too much to ask that we actually see competitive teams in this tournament in the future? How about we invite the defending national champion/runner-up instead of a whipping boy? Maybe I'm a little too cynical, but for a holiday tournament I would have expected better competition than what Castleton brought to the table.

Anyway, it was a nice skate around the Stafford tonight - here are my thoughts at http://www.therobbrennan.com/journal...state-8-1.html

Re: Plattsburgh Cruises Past Castleton State 8-1

as it was mentioned in the Plattsburgh thread, Neumann, New England College and Curry will be in the Classic next year followed by Utica and Babson the following year with another team to be determined. Castleton is a better team than the scoreboard would lead you to believe. Goaltending and penalties are a big problem for Castleton this year.
    Jim Reisdorf
    Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TacoRob View Post
      Happy New Year all! It's great to see Plattsburgh is picking up where they left off, but...is it too much to ask that we actually see competitive teams in this tournament in the future? How about we invite the defending national champion/runner-up instead of a whipping boy? Maybe I'm a little too cynical, but for a holiday tournament I would have expected better competition than what Castleton brought to the table.

Anyway, it was a nice skate around the Stafford tonight - here are my thoughts at http://www.therobbrennan.com/journal...state-8-1.html
      Hey TacoRob, I couldn't agree with you more, but Plattsburgh puts a win over quality frequently. They are a good team, but need to test their quality with tougher competition. Maybe Castleton had a bad night, they have held their own in the past. Maybe Trinity will test the Cards and maybe deflate their balloon. Who knows? I'll be looking at the score board tomorrow.
      There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Rock on...That should be a great tournament for sure. I didn't get to catch the Trinity/Skidmore game; although the box score seems to indicate it was fairly close for the first two periods of play. Did you catch any of that action? Either way, I am looking forward to tomorrow's night game for sure

Comment

I don't expect Trinity to be the better team, but they have one of the best goalies in D3 in Vesprini. He could steal a game against anyone. Trinity was outshot again tonight (Maybe not ouytplayed, though).

Comment

Originally posted by mazile View Post
            Trinity was outshot again tonight .
            Really?
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
              as it was mentioned in the Plattsburgh thread, Neumann, New England College and Curry will be in the Classic next year followed by Utica and Babson the following year with another team to be determined. Castleton is a better team than the scoreboard would lead you to believe. Goaltending and penalties are a big problem for Castleton this year.
              If EC does indeed get dropped from a home and home with Plattsburgh...

It'd be nice if the Soaring Eagles went up there to the Cardinal Classic once every few years to keep the rivalry going.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                Hey TacoRob, I couldn't agree with you more, but Plattsburgh puts a win over quality frequently. They are a good team, but need to test their quality with tougher competition. Maybe Castleton had a bad night, they have held their own in the past. Maybe Trinity will test the Cards and maybe deflate their balloon. Who knows? I'll be looking at the score board tomorrow.
                I believe that if you look at Plattsburghs overall SOS you'll see that they play a pretty tough out of conference schedule. Norwich, Midd, Elmira, Williams, and Skidmore, none of which are "easy" games by any means. either Norwich or Midd. if not both will be played twice each year because of the Primelink. add in the Cardinal Classic (Castleton, Skidmore and Trinity) and you have a pretty solid OOC schedule. remember that tournaments are determined usually 2 years ahead of time so nobody could see that Castleton would be having goalie troubles like they are this year, last year this game against Castleton was a 3-0 game.
                Jim Reisdorf
                Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TacoRob View Post

As in the team that gave up a 3 goal lead in the 3rd period and had to settle for a tie with Potsdam?...
                  Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
                  08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
                  2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Originally posted by nysportsfan29 View Post
                    As in the team that gave up a 3 goal lead in the 3rd period and had to settle for a tie with Potsdam?...
                    TacoRob ownage!
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by mazile View Post
                      I don't expect Trinity to be the better team, but they have one of the best goalies in D3 in Vesprini. He could steal a game against anyone. Trinity was outshot again tonight (Maybe not ouytplayed, though).
                      Seriously? I mean, I've never seen him play, but one of the best goalies in D3, isn't that a bit of high praise?

Comment

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
                        Seriously? I mean, I've never seen him play, but one of the best goalies in D3, isn't that a bit of high praise?
                        What I saw today was certainly impressive. A lot of those 30 saves were real quality shots, some of which very few goalies in DIII would have saved. Impressive, but I need more insight before I say "one of the best"
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by nysportsfan29 View Post
                          This pretty much sums up my feelings:

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mgOXfMKFhy8&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mgOXfMKFhy8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                          X