Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

With the first half of the 2009-2010 season offering little of the grace we've all come to expect, what does the second half hold in store? Can this team rebound and hold on to the tournament streak? Or do they continue to falter and get taken out by those who've proven to be better thus far?

Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Check your rep.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
      With the first half of the 2009-2010 season offering little of the grace we've all come to expect, what does the second half hold in store? Can this team rebound and hold on to the tournament streak? Or do they continue to falter and get taken out by those who've proven to be better thus far?
      Michigan is a talented team with the horses to win it all. I remember back in 94, Lake State was barely a .500 team coming into the Christmas break. Everyone wrote them off, only to see them have a complete turn around in the 2nd half and win a national title.

It's gut check time for the players on Michigan and there is still a ton of hockey left to be played.

Comment

Well, on a positive note, Michigan has secured their first 2012 verbal commitment in Syracuse Jr. Nationals forward Cristoval "Boo" Nieves. He's 15 years old (turns 16 later this month) and listed at 6'2 and somewhere between 175-185 lbs. One OHL scouting website has him listed as the #8 prospect for the 2010 OHL draft and Bob Miller at The Wolverine thinks he's a big catch. He will probably be joining the U.S. NTDP in the near future.
        Michigan Hockey Net
        Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

He's going on 16, and he's already 6'2" and ~180? He's gonna be a big one. I'd almost bet a beer that he doesn't set foot in Yost in a Michigan uniform.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

We'll see. Right now that's his plan, per a Hockey News article last month.

At the next level, Nieves hopes to be making sweet music in Ann Arbor, Mich., with Team USA’s national team development program. In the long run, Nieves decided with his family the NCAA route would suit him best.

“There’s really no question that I’m going to college,” he noted.
            Michigan Hockey Net
            Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              He's going on 16, and he's already 6'2" and ~180? He's gonna be a big one. I'd almost bet a beer that he doesn't set foot in Yost in a Michigan uniform.
              He'll be here.

Just a year, but here.

As for this team, I'm too afraid to make any predictions. But comparing to the '94 Lake State team? Nice, for sure, but we've got serious goalie problems. Even IF we figure out how to score more than twice with 50 shots, I'm not so sure we will still be ok when "they" score 2 on 13 shots.

Comment

Is this Red's last half?
                maize is just an arrogant shade of yellow

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer View Post
                  Is this Red's last half?
                  Probably not with the outdoor game on the slate for next fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    I'm with you, seeing our track record with kids that claim to be "all in". I like my odds better with our other wager.

Comment

Heard yesterday that Wohlberg is hurt. Anyone know the details?
                      The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
                        Heard yesterday that Wohlberg is hurt. Anyone know the details?
                        Somebody on Yost Post said sick, as opposed to injured (but no details beyond that).

Edit: He's back in the line charts for tonight.
                        Last edited by kdilks; 01-09-2010, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Nice win tonight, finally getting out of a weekend without relinquishing any points to the opposition. I could go on about momentum, and building on this, but I'm sure we've all been ready to just let the results do the talking since November.

The 5-on-3 PK was awesome (not that I liked the too-many-men that put us there). I haven't heard the place that loud in a while now. It was refreshing.

Hagelin? Well... Bork! Bork! Bork! I swear, he never, EVER, has an off night. The kid is just amazing.

Also, I didn't see Sparks last night, but he sure seems to haven gotten some confidence after getting regular ice time and scoring the first at JLA. I saw some flashes of this during the exhibition games over the first weekend, but it went by the wayside after that. I hope he can continue to progress like he has recently.

Glendening continues to show why he was given an "A". Another great game where he hustled all night and it almost paid off in the box score a couple times.

It's nice to talk about positives, isn't it?

Comment

A little off-topic but:

The next time someone calls you a "Wal-Mart Wolverine" rub this in their face, http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4809698
                            Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

KC- you are sure right that it's nice to talk about positives.

I'd like to see what the refs were looking at on the 5-3 goal review- it must have been VERY close in terms of a goal. Glendening was very amazing on that shift- while I would have loved him to get a shot on goal before the puck went to the corner, his hard work keeping the puck there with 3 defenders was pretty amazing. I still can't figure out how he came out of that pile with the puck- based on his shot, I think he was surprised, too. I think it was Sparks that helped him almost score that. And IF they had scored- I don't remember seeing a 5-3 shorty for Michigan.

After that, the rest of that kill was awesome. Western just couldn't even set up, and then drew a penalty to make it a 4-3. You could tell that the kill put a lot of life into the skates.

I still wish I wasn't so nervous about the goaltending. All the while it was 3-1, I kept thinking that one Hogan mind game, and Western was back in the game. Very sad that I still think that way, IMHO. That 4th goal was huge, as you could tell by the way the game ended. Western almost gave up, and Michigan just pinned them in their own zone.

Good stuff. Will be interesting to see how that progresses next week against a better Alaska team.

Comment

Working...
                              X