Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Gotta say- it's nice to see you all again. Still waiting for wTWolverine to show...

Couple of weeks of inspired play does a lot, doesn't it?
    Here I am! What'd I miss?

Go Blue!
    Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
      Here I am! What'd I miss?

Go Blue!
      Lets see...

It all started in dispair, hoping that Lake State may quickly put an end to an unmemorable season. And our team ignored us, and swept.

Then we dismissed that as being a bad team, and thought that we *may* take one as a squeaker at Munn with the time off, but surely, MSU wold end our season. Again, our team ignored us, and swept (and ended the season of) MSU.

Now our hopes are higher, but thought while we could play a close game with Miami, could we really do it? Not only could we, we chased Miami's Hobey finalist after 5 goals.

Holy cow- can it really happen? A vicotory over Northern would keep the streak alive!! What a game. The walk on goalie earned tourny MVP with the victory.

Now we face Bemidji State in an unlikely birth in the NCAA. Some may even dream that they could be seen in Detroit in a few weeks.

I think that should catch you up pretty well.

Comment

Lets see... Now we face Bemidji State in an unlikely birth in the NCAA. Some may even dream that they could be seen in Detroit in a few weeks.
        The next chapter in this Michigan hockey "Rocky" story is just a short wait now.

Comment

The unbelievable season continues. Great win tonight, we have to appreciate it more with the other favorites dropping like flies.

Hunwick is.....good. I don't know how else to say it. It isn't just that he's getting lucky, it isn't just that the team is playing well in front of him. He made the saves he needed to make tonight and then a few he had no business making. This is the kind of game Michigan has been losing all season: dominating in possession and territory but making a few critical mistakes. Tonight, on the other hand, totally different story. Yes the offensive stars played well tonight, particulary Hagelin's line. But the reason this was a relatively comfortable win as opposed to a nail-biter or even a loss was Hunwick.

Comment

Originally posted by wooderson View Post
            Yes the offensive stars played well tonight, particulary Hagelin's line.
            It was great to see Carl finish on the short-handed attempt and score a key goal to regain momentum. His skills are improving to complement his speed and this will hopefully take some of the pressure off Louie to carry this team offensively .... although Sean Ritchlin said his goal was "spooky good."
            Last edited by YostWithTheMost; 03-28-2010, 12:32 AM. Reason: Corrected "scary" with "spooky" ...

Comment

Originally posted by wooderson View Post
              The unbelievable season continues. Great win tonight, we have to appreciate it more with the other favorites dropping like flies.

Hunwick is.....good. I don't know how else to say it. It isn't just that he's getting lucky, it isn't just that the team is playing well in front of him. He made the saves he needed to make tonight and then a few he had no business making. This is the kind of game Michigan has been losing all season: dominating in possession and territory but making a few critical mistakes. Tonight, on the other hand, totally different story. Yes the offensive stars played well tonight, particulary Hagelin's line. But the reason this was a relatively comfortable win as opposed to a nail-biter or even a loss was Hunwick.
              He was pretty impressive with all of the penalties we didn't need to take. It's kind of surprising that he's stealing some pretty clean chances, but whatever. Just not much more to say than that.

The D still has their scary moments. Miami can see that, and really push them to the brink.

But none of that matters- this is such a great gift they are giving the fans right now.

Comment

But none of that matters- this is such a great gift they are giving the fans right now.
                I really don't have much to say right now. Just enjoying the ride while it lasts. There'll be plenty of time for discussion later.

Comment

It's not the "cool" thing to do as a Notre Dame fan to root for Michigan. But I sincerly want to wish Big Blue the best. I have always had great respect for Michigan hockey and that doubled this year.

Having going through the goon portion of our schedule...we came to Michigan with 4 defenseman. In that 2 game series in December and in the 2 games in late February...not once did a Michigan player try to "take advantage" of our depleted defense core. Those 4 games were clean and both programs should be applauded for how they play the game. You have a to have a tough physical team to be a great team but Michigan showed again this year you don't have to do the other crap that takes place at 3 schools in the CCHA.

Good luck Michigan..I wish you nothing but the best tonight and in Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by NDHockey9 View Post
                    You have a to have a tough physical team to be a great team but Michigan showed again this year you don't have to do the other crap that takes place at 3 schools in the CCHA.
                    Should I take a guess at what schools you are speaking of?
                    Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What a great ride the last month was! At the beginning of the month, I don't think a single one of us would've thought Michigan's season would end in double overtime of a NCAA regional final.

Just an incredible month of hockey! I'm excited for next season!

Comment

Originally posted by speekeasy8 View Post
                        What a great ride the last month was! At the beginning of the month, I don't think a single one of us would've thought Michigan's season would end in double overtime of a NCAA regional final.

Just an incredible month of hockey! I'm excited for next season!
                        It is hard to be postive right now, but I agree with your sentiment. We had a great run that no-one, myself included, ever saw coming. Way to go, boys. I am sad with the result of last night's game, but happy for the last 6 weeks.
                        Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

that was a painful ending, that could have just as easily ended in the 3rd period, or better for us in OT1. Just sucked the happiness out of me.

But I'm not going to try to dwell on it too much. The only "bad" thing I'll say is that Michigan didn't exactly earn the right to write their own regional, and that left us with having to beat Miami to get to Detroit.

Thank you team for rallying around the back up goalie, and playing like we all thought you could. Thank you for giving us optimism when we were a group of pessimists. Thank you for giving us hope when we had already given up.

That was one fun ending to the season. I just have to remember that the only way to always not lose your last game is to not play it. One must risk ending the season like that to end a season like we have 9 previous times.

Still it's going to hurt for a while.

Comment

Sorry to all the Michigan fans that had to experience the waved off goal by Hockey East's own Gravallese due to an early whistle. Those of us in Hockey East can sympathize...
                            You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
                            ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
                            ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
                            ...you hate UNH.

Comment

While I wouldn't pull for Michigan if you held a gun to my head - I've got to say that was a BRUTAL way to get cheated out of a winning goal. I would've been satisfied with being an instant Boston College fan

Comment

You guys got screwed hard by the zebras and should be preparing to play Boston College on Thursday night.
                                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X