Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Originally posted by scullyer View Post
    Yep, that's the way it should be, both ways.
    No it isn't. You should work harder to win instead of rooting for some other team that you have absolutely no association with.

Although I give sparty hockey fans a pass here as Hockey is the one true rivalry between the two schools. bouncy-ball you have. Football and pretty much every other sport known to man Michigan has (except the last two years-let's not go there). I'm saying Hockey is a fairly competitive match even though Michigan has won 8 out of the last 11 contests.
    Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
      No it isn't. You should work harder to win instead of rooting for some other team that you have absolutely no association with.

Although I give sparty hockey fans a pass here as Hockey is the one true rivalry between the two schools. bouncy-ball you have. Football and pretty much every other sport known to man Michigan has (except the last two years-let's not go there). I'm saying Hockey is a fairly competitive match even though Michigan has won 8 out of the last 11 contests.
      I have watched Bemidji for years and I like their program and I have no rooting interest for UM. Why shouldn't I root for Bemidji? Does that also go for the UM fans chaniting "let's go Aggies" in the concourse of the Joe when the MSU bouncyball game was on? I would root for Bemidji even if MSU was a #1 seed. I am a college hockey fan. I respect UM. UM hates MSU, MSU hates UM. We root against each other. Can we leave it at that?
      Anybody but Northern

Comment

I have watched Bemidji for years and I like their program and I have no rooting interest for UM. Why shouldn't I root for Bemidji? Does that also go for the UM fans chaniting "let's go Aggies" in the concourse of the Joe when the MSU bouncyball game was on? I would root for Bemidji even if MSU was a #1 seed. I am a college hockey fan. I respect UM. UM hates MSU, MSU hates UM. We root against each other. Can we leave it at that?
        If Michigan were matched-up with Alabama-Huntsville you would be the biggest UAH fan until after Michigan disposes of them on Saturday. Then, in all likelihood, you'd become a Miami Redhawk fan.

And I seriously doubt that you would root for Bemidji if sparty was a #1 seed, much less actually in the tournament.

Comment

If Michigan were matched-up with Alabama-Huntsville you would be the biggest UAH fan until after Michigan disposes of them on Saturday. Then, in all likelihood, you'd become a Miami Redhawk fan.

And I seriously doubt that you would root for Bemidji if sparty was a #1 seed, much less actually in the tournament.
          With Danton Cole coaching UAH, and he being a Spartan, yeah. I am an honest person and tell it like it is. I backed Bemidji last year. Bemidji is about 4th or 5th on the list of teams I root for. If you named 2 random teams I would tell you which program I liked better and would cheer for. Believe it or not UM is not last. NMU gets that nod, lol. First time in a while I was happy to see UM win.

GL in the tourney, should be a good one.
          Anybody but Northern

Comment

With Danton Cole coaching UAH, and he being a Spartan, yeah. I am an honest person and tell it like it is. I backed Bemidji last year. Bemidji is about 4th or 5th on the list of teams I root for. If you named 2 random teams I would tell you which program I liked better and would cheer for. Believe it or not UM is not last. NMU gets that nod, lol. First time in a while I was happy to see UM win.

GL in the tourney, should be a good one.
            Well, I guess your hatred for Northern stems from the fact that they abruptly dispatched you from your terrific 2008-2009 Hockey season last year. Good times.

Comment

Well, I guess your hatred for Northern stems from the fact that they abruptly dispatched you from your terrific 2008-2009 Hockey season last year. Good times.
              Actually since about 1986.
              Anybody but Northern

Comment

Actually since about 1986.
                Why '86? sparty actually won a National Championship that year.

Comment

It's really the first memory I have of attending hockey games. I really didn't have a rooting interest back then, but I remember NMU fans being nasty (fist fights, language,etc.) to any other fans of teams that played. Also puking in the concourse. Not the way to win over a kid. I have been entertained by them and they've had some good teams, just can't root for them. I'm sure they take pride in that. FTR, Denny Felsner is one of my all time favs and really got me into watching college hockey, too.
                  Anybody but Northern

Comment

rulz- why does it matter if a State fan roots for us or not? Some of us would (and have) root for them, some of us would (and have) not.

I remember sitting at a game in Boston in 1998, almost right next to a bunch of State fans. They never spoke one word to us, and left quickly after the game ended in OT. One of my favorite games of all time.

And I begrudgingly congratulated the band director in St. Louis when we were sitting next them.

Neither instance matters what so ever.

Anyway, any more comments on the bracket? Technically, Bemidji got a nice gift with us- since Michigan is the lowest 3 seed of the bracket, and they should have been lined up with Yale.

I'm sure it will be a tough game, IIRC, BSU is a skaters team. Very up and down the ice game could be in store for us to watch on the internet... We know all about Miami. After this past weekend, anything can happen- we've been embarassed, and have done the embarassing. I'm sure Miami won't take UAH lightly.

Sure would be nice to see them play 4 games on a football field in 2010....

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      rulz- why does it matter if a State fan roots for us or not? Some of us would (and have) root for them, some of us would (and have) not.

I remember sitting at a game in Boston in 1998, almost right next to a bunch of State fans. They never spoke one word to us, and left quickly after the game ended in OT. One of my favorite games of all time.

And I begrudgingly congratulated the band director in St. Louis when we were sitting next them.

Neither instance matters what so ever.

Anyway, any more comments on the bracket? Technically, Bemidji got a nice gift with us- since Michigan is the lowest 3 seed of the bracket, and they should have been lined up with Yale.

I'm sure it will be a tough game, IIRC, BSU is a skaters team. Very up and down the ice game could be in store for us to watch on the internet... We know all about Miami. After this past weekend, anything can happen- we've been embarassed, and have done the embarassing. I'm sure Miami won't take UAH lightly.

Sure would be nice to see them play 4 games on a football field in 2010....
                      I had a feeling we would be going to Ft. Wayne, even when none of the bracket guys were predicting it. Attendance there would've been pretty ugly without us I think. BSU will certainly be tough, and I can guarantee the team won't take them (or anybody) lightly after Air Force last year. At the same time....I'm glad we got out of that North Dakota/BC cluster****.

I guess it's pretty obvious that Hunwick is starting even if Hogan is healthy, what about Summers? Any chance another week is enough to get him back on the ice?

Comment

Originally posted by wooderson View Post
                        I guess it's pretty obvious that Hunwick is starting even if Hogan is healthy, what about Summers? Any chance another week is enough to get him back on the ice?
                        ...but, dare I say it, we now have a goalie controversy in Ann Arbor for next season.

I no longer have any inside links to Michigan Hockey but it is my opinion that Summers won't be able to play well if he were to try at the Regionals. If we made the Frozen Four, did I just say that, Summers' could and most likely would play.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          I personally don't care if a sparty fan roots for us or not. I just find it incredibly amusing that even if their season were still going on, they would be more concerned with us than with their own team.

Comment

Though I've gotta admit, I've long been a notorious Michigan hater, your guys played an outstanding game last night. That may be some of the best defensive hockey I have seen all season from any team.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              Though I've gotta admit, I've long been a notorious Michigan hater, your guys played an outstanding game last night. That may be some of the best defensive hockey I have seen all season from any team.
                              Thank you...

Comment

I hope for the hockey fans that don't have the equipment to get a good ESPN360 that Comiecast does something to soften the blow. I just checked my access and after downloading an extra software to view, the full screen view leaves a lot in the want column.
                                He is as cool as a bomb disposal technician!

Comment

Working...
                                X