Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Originally posted by Sundance View Post
    Bring on that Red Army team !!!!!!!!!!
    They're making Tee-times, as usual...
    Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
      Oh and before I forget ... grumble grumble... congrats to UM on making it 20 in a row. I've officially gone back into the archives and removed you from even being in the running with the Irish for the Who Underachieved Most trophy.
      Notre Dame clinched that trophy the first weekend of the CCHA playoffs with the loss to OSU and Michigan's win over LSSU.

Comment

Wow, they put us Fort Wayne.

Comment

Interesting bracket- CHA vs. CCHA.

Get to play a great BSU team, and a possible re-match with Miami (assuming they take out UAH).

wT- this is desert, and drinks.

I don't care who we play, as this is totally unexpected (as of a month ago). (although, I was actually hoping to play North Dakota or Denver- that would have been a blast)

IHF- appreciate it, but it's all the players (and it's alfa, as in the italian car, not the letter )

And another question for you- think anyone from Indiana will root for Michigan? Yea, I don't think so either...

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

IHF- appreciate it, but it's all the players (and it's alfa, as in the italian car, not the letter )
            Yeah I missed that, but in my defense it was late!

And another question for you- think anyone from Indiana will root for Michigan? Yea, I don't think so either...
            Were you there for the UM/ND game in Fort Wayne in Poulin's last season? Nearly 8000 people showed up and if the crowd wasn't 70% UM fans I am Al Kaline. You won't have the neutrals rooting for you but my guess is whatever the crowd size is Michigan fans will outnumber the other three fanbases combined by a significant amount. As of now the event wasn't selling well. Miami fans think they got hosed (between you and me and the fencepost I think I probably agree *ducking* ) but I don't know that a lot of them were scooping up the tickets.

ETA I don't think the committee was screwing Miami or really trying to "help' UM (the way you guys are playing you may not need a lot of help) because it looks as though they were concerned about crowd size. If there had been a regional in Milwaukee that this year that Wisco would not have otherwise made I could have seen them switching around a lot of 2 seeds as the rules allowed to move them, for example.
            Last edited by IrishHockeyFan; 03-21-2010, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Oh and before I forget ... grumble grumble... congrats to UM on making it 20 in a row. I've officially gone back into the archives and removed you from even being in the running with the Irish for the Who Underachieved Most trophy.

Now go out and lose to North Dakota. Or whoever you play. I'm taking my trophy and going home...

Seriously, congrats to you guys, Streaker, Alphablue, Wolverine Trumpet, Alton, Lord (where the hell IS he) Sidious and most of anyone else I missed, you earned this one and I bet you'll enjoy it even more because of it.
              Improbable finish, but thanks. This is the team we all thought we had at the beginning of the season. Oh, IHF, I'll help ya-don't forget mattmi, KC, Bluevox, Annette_U-M and (lurking) Caustic, too. All of us Yost old timers.

Maybe they can continue to get the breaks, play desperate and have fun. Lots of turnovers last night, Hunwick deflected the praise, but deserved his kudos. Need a better effort against BSU.

Comment

Wow!. I am a 15 year season ticket holder, and attended every CCHA playoff game this season, and I have to say, this is one of the most satisfying titles I can remember. I can never remember Michigan being the underdog in Hockey, rather always the hunted, the one that EVERYBODY wanted to see lose (that still may be the case, but more on that). And I know that this topic has been covered and covered here in the forums, but for the first time, Michigan had a cinderella type story in Shawn Hunwick, the diminutive goalie, the 3 year practice goalie, the walk on goalie, the goalie who had played in one game his entire career, until Hogan went down. That in itself has given Michigan a little bit of the underdog/cinderella factor, that I can never recall them having. I loved Red's quote after the game, that he doesn't even like small goalies, but he loves Hunwick. What a story. And who would have thunk it? And, for a team that was down, i was impressed with the turnouts at Munn, and then obviously the title game was highly attended.

At this point, even if they do down in flames against Bemidji, or lose to Miami in a heartbreaker next weekend, this season will be one to remember. Riding the coattails of the little goalie who could, ending Sparty's season and making Munn Yost West for a weekend, and then winning a tight hard fought game on Saturday night, one that cleary meant everything to this team, the coaches, and the fans.
                Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

Congrats guys. You earned it and deserved it. By far the most focused UM team I have even seen.....

......now go Bemidji.

Kudos on a great tournament run and 20 in a row. As if cornholing us Spartans in the quarterfinals wasn't enough?
                  Anybody but Northern

Comment

Just bought my tickets from ticket [strikeout]master[/strikeout] scalper. Cost me an extra $24 for just a pair of tickets. I should have waited for UM ticket office to open but I didn't get season tickets this year, just individual games. Anyway, I went to the finals at tJoe and figured if that didn't jinx them, then it was alright to see them at the regionals.

I consider the trip to Ft Wayne like a 20th anniversary present. Until other schools make it 20 x's in a row they can just keep whinning.
                    No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                      Improbable finish, but thanks. This is the team we all thought we had at the beginning of the season. Oh, IHF, I'll help ya-don't forget mattmi, KC, Bluevox, Annette_U-M and (lurking) Caustic, too. All of us Yost old timers.

Maybe they can continue to get the breaks, play desperate and have fun. Lots of turnovers last night, Hunwick deflected the praise, but deserved his kudos. Need a better effort against BSU.
                      Yeah I forgot a few but I was purposely leaving one out! I saw Caustic pop out of the woods. First time in a couple of years. Hell, I thought maybe the 2008 FF left him in a coma or something!

I thought Hunwick actually played very well last night, and better than Friday. There were some tough bounces and odd angles on shots that I could very well have seen going in and he made the saves. As well he looks to be working with his defense a little better as each start gets under his belt. What is the word on Hogan? Groin issues can be nagging and drag on for weeks (if not months if it was pulled/torn bad enough). By now would Red consider not making the switch regardless of Hogan's health?

Comment

From this Union fan, congratulations to UM for extending the streak. The tournament wouldn't be the same without you there. Maybe someday we can join you.

Comment

Originally posted by kjaskolski View Post
                          Wow!. I am a 15 year season ticket holder, and attended every CCHA playoff game this season, and I have to say, this is one of the most satisfying titles I can remember. I can never remember Michigan being the underdog in Hockey, rather always the hunted, the one that EVERYBODY wanted to see lose (that still may be the case, but more on that). And I know that this topic has been covered and covered here in the forums, but for the first time, Michigan had a cinderella type story in Shawn Hunwick, the diminutive goalie, the 3 year practice goalie, the walk on goalie, the goalie who had played in one game his entire career, until Hogan went down. That in itself has given Michigan a little bit of the underdog/cinderella factor, that I can never recall them having. I loved Red's quote after the game, that he doesn't even like small goalies, but he loves Hunwick. What a story. And who would have thunk it? And, for a team that was down, i was impressed with the turnouts at Munn, and then obviously the title game was highly attended.

At this point, even if they do down in flames against Bemidji, or lose to Miami in a heartbreaker next weekend, this season will be one to remember. Riding the coattails of the little goalie who could, ending Sparty's season and making Munn Yost West for a weekend, and then winning a tight hard fought game on Saturday night, one that cleary meant everything to this team, the coaches, and the fans.
                          That pretty much sums up what this season has become. While I'd love to see us do well next weekend, and possibly beyond, it's gravy now. What we've seen in the past 3 weeks is what I'll remember of this season. All the trials and tribulations of not putting anything solid together in the regular season, then Hunwick stepping up in relief duty, followed by Summers going down, lead to this most unbelievable, remarkable post-season run and conference championship.

There are three games that stick out in my mind from my childhood: The 1990 GLI win over Maine, the 1991 game 3 win over Cornell, and finally overcoming the CCHA Championship hurdle against Lake State in 1994. Any of these last 3 wins would rank right up there, but the streak as a whole outweighs any one of those individual game feats. Why the comparison to those days? Because that's the type of hurdle we were trying to overcome here.

Phenomenal.

Comment

Yeah I forgot a few but I was purposely leaving one out! I saw Caustic pop out of the woods. First time in a couple of years. Hell, I thought maybe the 2008 FF left him in a coma or something!
                            IHF, thank you for the congratulatory words. You're the epitome of class around here, and I think that still plays second fiddle to your knowledge of the game.

What is the word on Hogan? Groin issues can be nagging and drag on for weeks (if not months if it was pulled/torn bad enough). By now would Red consider not making the switch regardless of Hogan's health?
                            The last report on Hogan was that he was back to practice this week. Regardless, with the way Hunwick has played, and the way the team has performed in front of him, he will finish out the season. If Hogan is healthy enough to be a serviceable backup, that would be the optimal situation.

Comment

Originally posted by scullyer View Post
                              ......now go Bemidji.
                              That's the sparty way, if ya can't beat 'em, root for someone else who plays them next.
                              Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
                                That's the sparty way, if ya can't beat 'em, root for someone else who plays them next.
                                Yep, that's the way it should be, both ways.
                                Anybody but Northern

Comment

Working...
                                X