Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

And Shawn Hunwick was just named as the CCHA tournament MVP.

A walk on. In net.

Stunned.

And he gives all the credit to his team mates.

Comment

Great way to finish the run. It was about special teams and Michigan did a great job of shutting down any NMU attack to finish it.

Good luck in the tourney, I can barely believe NMU will be there, too.

P.S. Dangerous team.
      Embrace the hate.

Comment

This is a brief emergence from lurking mode, which now takes place in Duluth.

Wow. That was awesome. I cannot imagine a more satisfying scenario for a conference championship. Continuing the history, getting to the dance, overturning every possible good sense estimate of what they could do in the CCHA playoffs... unbelievable.

I've lived away from Ann Arbor for five years now, and following Michigan hockey has been an exercise in difficulty and periodic frustration. (For those of you curious how loyal I have stayed in exile, I have for several years of supporting a family of four on a not-so-great income paid for the sports package so that I wouldn't miss Michigan hockey games). This unthinkable run of lunacy--and sweeping MSU on the road, thumping #1 overall seed Miami, and winning six straight games when one loss would be devastating is lunacy--is the reason why we follow this sport. Isn't it?

Now we are a nightmare matchup for some unsuspecting 3 or 4 seed. If we get Wisconsin it's a pure tossup, and can you imagine the nightmares St. Cloud fans would have if we got them? It's all gravy now.

I am likely returning to lurk mode. Go Blue.
        Jesus Saves

Comment

I know this is an Mgoblog thing, but I think they need to be everywhere tonight:

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bv5RQyV3OWQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bv5RQyV3OWQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="385">

...and because you can't have one without the other......

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aTU7nahUw20&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aTU7nahUw20&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="385">

Congrats to Red and the players, Hunwick is officially a legend. Great to see Louie come up big in the clutch. Everything from here on out is just gravy.

Man, whatever region Michigan ends up in is going to be the region of death to end all region of deaths.
          Last edited by wooderson; 03-20-2010, 09:57 PM.

Comment

WOW!!!!! CCHA champs!!!!!

Comment

so at the end of the game I got an awesome text from quack who was watching the game in Orlando:
              Consecutive NCAA tournament appearance count! Ready? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20!
              I'm hoarse. That was fun! On edge the whole game. If last weeks wins vs. State were gravy what's this week? I'm not used to this underdog role, but it's been fun.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This has been one helluva run, and the unpredictable nature of it just makes it so much more sweet. The past two weekends have probably been the most fun in years.

That is all for now, my body needs some rest

Comment

So we're a 3 seed. Any chance we get sent to Fort Wayne?

Comment

Bring on that Red Army team !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post
                      So we're a 3 seed. Any chance we get sent to Fort Wayne?
                      It looks to me like the answer is no. There could be little drama in the locations since the 1-16 seeding seems to leave no need to move anyone around to avoid conference matchups or to place teams in regionals they host, at least as far as I know. I believe Minn hosts the west and I know Notre Dame hosts the midwest. Michigan seems to be bound for Worcester and a game against North Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                        It looks to me like the answer is no. There could be little drama in the locations since the 1-16 seeding seems to leave no need to move anyone around to avoid conference matchups or to place teams in regionals they host, at least as far as I know. I believe Minn hosts the west and I know Notre Dame hosts the midwest. Michigan seems to be bound for Worcester and a game against North Dakota.
                        Well both of the projections (here and collegehockey.net) have us playing in St. Paul against St. Cloud. I guess the committee could put us in Fort Wayne with Miami to help attendance (we wouldn't play them in the first round) but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post
                          Well both of the projections (here and collegehockey.net) have us playing in St. Paul against St. Cloud. I guess the committee could put us in Fort Wayne with Miami to help attendance (we wouldn't play them in the first round) but who knows.
                          In Moys blogs he always refers to consideration of attendance being an issue, but I have not seen any tangible evidence of the committee doing it in the last few tourneys, really much at all since it went to 16 teams. I suppose I could see his point with helping two sites (especially the west regional) by flipping the two regions and putting DU out east. But there is NO reason to move off a strict 1-16, 2-15, 3-14 etc etc banding, which they claim is their first consideration after making whatever allowances they need to for host teams, avoiding conflicting first round match ups and those sorts of things. So even if Michigan doesn't end up in Worcester, I can't imagine them being in a region with anyone other than BC, North Dakota and Alaska and there is no way they can put them in Fort Wayne. Well, make that no way the SHOULD put them in Fort Wayne.

Comment

Oh and before I forget ... grumble grumble... congrats to UM on making it 20 in a row. I've officially gone back into the archives and removed you from even being in the running with the Irish for the Who Underachieved Most trophy.

Now go out and lose to North Dakota. Or whoever you play. I'm taking my trophy and going home...

Seriously, congrats to you guys, Streaker, Alphablue, Wolverine Trumpet, Alton, Lord (where the hell IS he) Sidious and most of anyone else I missed, you earned this one and I bet you'll enjoy it even more because of it.

Comment

What an unbelievable run and improbable story written by Shawn Hunwick. Congrats. It's always better when Michigan is in the tourney (just hopefully not against BC)

Comment

Originally posted by Howell View Post
                                WOW!!!!! CCHA champs!!!!!
                                TJ?
                                Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X