Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    You know, considering how well Scooter played after Summers left, I'd almost put him in over Llewellyn and Moffie. Not sure if that will carry over to MSU, but I really liked how he played D when he had to.
    I like it. Put Scooter in at D, and if Summers is better, put him back at forward to go stand in front of the net and frustrate the other team.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G
    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
    2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      I like it. Put Scooter in at D, and if Summers is better, put him back at forward to go stand in front of the net and frustrate the other team.
      I don't think we'll see any end to end rushes from him, though. But he does very well offensively against MSU.

Funny I told a guy behind me saturday that I thought Scooter should have played defense sooner and Summers was better suited up front. But then again, I'm not the guy behind the bench with 600+ wins. That's about the time that the lady in front of me turned around and suggested I tell Red to bench Llewellyn. Our defense was much maligned this season, in equal parts. Kampfer (+6) on saturday, has had his nights. Llewellyn, same. Both take too many penalties, are careless in the defensive zone and don't add much offense (although Kampfer did lead the defense in scoring.)

Burlon has been our best d-man, IMO. Langlais is our best offensive weapon, but Burlon has a heavy shot and doesn't give it away as much. Moffie had been steady and added offense. Pateryn was inconsistent.

All in all, maybe now isn't the time to experiment- but I don't what will be worse- getting shutout in EL because our offense gets bogged down, or coughing up three or four goals a night. Either way we lose.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
        From what I have heard, both Scooter (shoulder) and Summers will be doubtful this weekend.

Great. Awesome. Perfect.
        Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
          From what I have heard, both Scooter (shoulder) and Summers will be doubtful this weekend.

Great. Awesome. Perfect.
          Didn't hear about Scooter. Talked to Hogan too and he said that he is still sore and that it is week to week. Didn't sound too confident about playing against MSU, either.

Comment

Hey... Wake up!!!!!!!!!! We're not dead, yet.
            Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well, we get at least two more games. I'm not going to bother to crunch the numbers, but I don't see how we get in the tournament without taking two at the Joe.

So, as I asked in the game thread- were has this team been all season? Man, outside of the poor PK in the first period, it was a solid effort all weekend. Shawn needs to work on his over committment, but all in all, another good game for him. The team showed how to keep the pressure off- stay in the offensive zone... how original is that?!?

Call me shocked, but this kind of ending was not expected two weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Well, we get at least two more games. I'm not going to bother to crunch the numbers, but I don't see how we get in the tournament without taking two at the Joe.

So, as I asked in the game thread- were has this team been all season? Man, outside of the poor PK in the first period, it was a solid effort all weekend. Shawn needs to work on his over committment, but all in all, another good game for him. The team showed how to keep the pressure off- stay in the offensive zone... how original is that?!?

Call me shocked, but this kind of ending was not expected two weeks ago.
                This is what we preached about all season. Commitment on both ends of the ice and halfway decent goaltending. FINALLY they are scoring goals, too. That would be 18 goals in their last four games against State. Still, they let three minutes of suck, undisciplined play ruin another great start. Showed a ton of heart to come back.

I dare not root for that team, but if a certain upset happens tomorrow night, things could look reasonable next weekend. Otherwise, they'll have to play the game of the season to move on.

Comment

Just got back from Munn, what an amazing game.

Now, does Hogan play Friday ifhe's healthy enough or do we just ride with Hunwick until the season ends?

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post

I dare not root for that team, but if a certain upset happens tomorrow night, things could look reasonable next weekend. Otherwise, they'll have to play the game of the season to move on.
                    Go Miami!
                    Embrace the hate.

Comment

Great job this weekend.

While you still need to win two more, it must feel pretty **** good to end your biggest rival's season on their home ice. well done!

Comment

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post
                        Now, does Hogan play Friday ifhe's healthy enough or do we just ride with Hunwick until the season ends?
                        I would think you almost have to ride Hunwick.

Great job boys! Keep it up.
                        Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Like I said long ago.....these boys have the talent to win it all. Now they just might believe it themselves and that will make Michigan very very dangerous.

Comment

I don't think it matters who's in net as long as the shots keep going in like this. It's not like outshooting good opponents by 2 to 1 margins is anything new, they've consistently done that all year. For whatever reason the pucks are just finally going in.

Comment

After a close game in Oxford, we now get Miami in the early game. Well, unless they play favorites to pack the arena. IMHO, the late game gives NMU and FSU more time to get to Detroit.

Anyway, whatever time we play, it's the Red Hawks. They have been one of the top teams in the country for the entire season, and swept us at Yost early in the season.

That was then, and this, for sure, is now. Thoughts?

Comment

Usually the highest seed gets the early game but for the last five or six years, us or MSU have been in the late game. Two years ago we were the #1 seed and got the late game, so I think the CCHA will do the same thing to Miami this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X