Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Fun game to watch- while Michigan did let up, it was well after Lake State did as well. For the most part, the 3rd period was anti-climatic.

Two strong games in a row- can we take that and put two more strong games together?

Couple more small things- any word on what happened to Summers? I saw him leave early for the second break, and he didn't play for the 3rd...

And did anyone else think that Vaughn's time at forward really seemed to help his temporary D play? I noticed he handled the puck with a lot of confidence in our zone.... Good to have a back up like that, I have to say.

Who was that new guy? Got a penalty Friday and a goal last night???? Walk on???

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      - any word on what happened to Summers? I saw him leave early for the second break, and he didn't play for the 3rd...

And did anyone else think that Vaughn's time at forward really seemed to help his temporary D play? I noticed he handled the puck with a lot of confidence in our zone.... Good to have a back up like that, I have to say.

Who was that new guy? Got a penalty Friday and a goal last night???? Walk on???
      Rumor is a charley horse and he was out as a precaution. He should be fine. He looked OK after the game. I agree Scooter looked good. I think he's been doing a good job at forward, especially on the PK. He hurt his shoulder near the end of the game. Hopefully not enough to keep him out next weekend.

Rohrkemper had to be one of the happiest guys in the building after finally getting that first career goal in the team's 39th game. Keep 'em coming, Jeff!
      The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

- any word on what happened to Summers? I saw him leave early for the second break, and he didn't play for the 3rd...
        He was hit knee-on-knee a little more than half way through the 1st period, they got a penalty. He was laying on the ice for quite a while then when play stopped he went to the bench strictly on his right leg. A while later during a commercial timeout he went out and skated around testing it out then went back to the bench. About 5 minutes later he went to the locker room to not be seen again.
        Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
        Row 1
        Seats 6 & 7
        Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

It was nice to see Caporusso get it going this weekend, 3-2-5
          Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
          Row 1
          Seats 6 & 7
          Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

I think the results this weekend are the definitive evidence that Notre Dame wins the "who underachieved more this season between Notre Dame and Michigan" award. Congrats on two big wins. Good luck next weekend.

Comment

Two strong games in a row- can we take that and put two more strong games together?
              At this point, I will take three more strong games. Get the Sparties to Sunday and anything can happen.
              Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                He was hit knee-on-knee a little more than half way through the 1st period, they got a penalty. He was laying on the ice for quite a while then when play stopped he went to the bench strictly on his right leg. A while later during a commercial timeout he went out and skated around testing it out then went back to the bench. About 5 minutes later he went to the locker room to not be seen again.
                I talked to him after the game and he said his knee is a little sore (stretched ligament) and he has a slight charley horse as the trainers reported to FSD. He didn't say if he is cleared to play. What gave me pause was after I said good luck next week he rolled his eyes and said, "yeah, thanks".

Comment

Tickets are onsale for all of the games. Visitor sections are F, G, H and I.

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomme...ller=&appCode=

Seating Chart: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ay-answers.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post
                    Tickets are onsale for all of the games. Visitor sections are F, G, H and I.

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomme...ller=&appCode=

Seating Chart: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ay-answers.pdf
                    Μολών λαβέ
                    maize is just an arrogant shade of yellow

Comment

So who do you put into the lineup next weekend: Rohrkemper or Sparks?

I've found it interesting that Sparks has sat out recently despite his solid play in January. Any injuries there that have gone unreported, or has he been on a slide in practice?

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
                        So who do you put into the lineup next weekend: Rohrkemper or Sparks?

I've found it interesting that Sparks has sat out recently despite his solid play in January. Any injuries there that have gone unreported, or has he been on a slide in practice?
                        I think Red is going with more defensively responsible players in front of Hunwick, to reduce the number of mistakes.

Vaughn for Ciraulo (size and toughness)
                        Rohrkemper for Sparks (defense)
                        Llewellyn for Moffie (experience)

Comment

For those of us who are forced to have Charter as a cable provider, I'm curious if any kind soul who lives in the Comcast viewing area would be willing to put the game(s) on justintv?

I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
                          Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well, I have a ticket for the game on Saturday. I'm not sure how I feel about the upcoming weekend of hockey. Hopefully the team will give me many reasons to cheer.

There’s a struggle between my eternal pessimist and my attempts at being optimistic.

Optimist wants to throw an octopus. 8 wins could happen….right?

Pessimist says, “Michigan’s best winning streak this season was 4”

Optimist adds “if you count the tie with Alaska that was 6 in a row without losing. And dropping 1 to State would be ok, so really 7 wins in a row is all that’s required. And just 4 wins keeps the NCAA streak alive!”

Pessimist questions, “so how’d the games in Munn work out for Michigan this season?”

Optimist doesn’t want to talk about it. Points out that MSU only has 2 wins in their last 7 games and even this season's crappy Minnesota team was able to beat State at Munn.

Pessimist points out “and 2 ties, 2 wins and 2 ties in last 7. Who do you think would win OT at Munn?”

Optimist ignores question, points out Michigan is back in the Pairwise.

Pessimist: “at 25. 25th out of 58 teams. Mediocre, just like a mediocre 21-17-1 record, and 14-13-1 conference record”

Optimist points out that Michigan played evenly this season with Alaska, and look how they are 9th in the pairwise. Who did they play in non-conference? Mercyhurst, Robert Morris, tied with RPI. Wonder where we’d be if we hadn’t lost to RPI.

Pessimist, “...or BU, or Wisconsin, or that loss to BG early in the season. Or had taken points at Omaha, or swept Northern, or Notre Dame….etc, etc. Didn’t happen though, did it?”

Optimist puts fingers in ears: “lalalalala. Can’t hear you. Lalalalalala. GO BLUE!”

Pessimist: “At least I’m not a St. Cloud fan, or a Sparty grad, or living in Ohio”
                            (at least my internal pessimist knows things could always be worse)
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G
                            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                            2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              Optimist
                              vs.
                              Pessimist
                              Wow, that's quite the conversation you had with yourself. Perhaps we can recommend a good UM doctor to clear up that multiple personality disorder?

(although, I agree with both sides... so what does that make me? )

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                                I think Red is going with more defensively responsible players in front of Hunwick, to reduce the number of mistakes.

Vaughn for Ciraulo (size and toughness)
                                Rohrkemper for Sparks (defense)
                                Llewellyn for Moffie (experience)
                                You know, considering how well Scooter played after Summers left, I'd almost put him in over Llewellyn and Moffie. Not sure if that will carry over to MSU, but I really liked how he played D when he had to.

Comment

Working...
                                X