Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Hey Blue Crew...

Looking forward to the games. Here's a bit of a rant, and a link to check out. Of course, it is a sign of our inferiority complex....
    AJMav posts...
    My life is pretty crazy these days. I have two small kids...we have another one on the way and quite frankly, I just don't have the time, energy or strength to hate anyone or anybody at this point in my life. I was good at it once, but eventually there was nothing left to really rant about.

So I'm watching TV the other night, and they're showing Outdoor hockey in Madison. Now I'm not nearly up on my college hockey as I should be, and I'm also color blind as a bat....but I could have sworn the other team playing the Badgers was....

And then the camera found him.

That evil, withered, blathering, liverspot covered pool boy of Satan....Red (ironic) himself.

And then it all came rushing back...so much so, I almost had to sit down for a second. That A-hole. Those sweaters. The ugly M, those HIDeOUS helmets. The attitudes. The pompous way they skate. That song. Those fans. That absolutely God-awful, rat infested, lead paint based, Eminem listening, GM crumbling state of pure absolute evil....dripping in arrogance, so thick you would need a chisel and hammer just to wipe if off your map.

Time may heal all wounds, and age may muffle the dismay....but evil is evil, and these clowns.....these pretty boy, Avril Lavigne listening, Jersey Shore watching, talentless, soul-less punks .....no matter who they are or what year they play...deserve nothing less than a proverbial cross check to the face, a spear to the ribs and a gigantic CCM skate right up their Berensen.

OK, maybe not physical violence, but you see my point.

Tomorrow, the most wicked, loathsome and pernicious group of hockey players on earth enters our home ... most likely for the last time. It's almost as if it's the last day of school, and the school bully has come to your locker one final time to say goodbye.

Now is the chance. Now is the opportunity to give him the going away punch to the gut he most definitely deserves. You may not be able to hip check Brian Lebler into the boards tonight...but you can certainly let him know where he is. You may not be able to slash Chad Langlais across the wrists with a vicious overhead chop...but you can certainly cause ringing in his ears and make his trip to Omaha extremely unpleasant.

Eventually, the weekend and this season will end. Playoff games will be played. Frozen Fours will be staged. UNO will eventually move on into the arms of the WCHA...into new rivalries with new rants, back to where many believe they belonged overall. Red and his band of goons will trudge back to Ann Arbor, where the CCHA offices will most likely meet them at the airport with adulation, roses and candy.

But tonight...for 3 hours (OK, and again on Saturday), you and I have a chance to give one final middle finger to the team that pretty much is the root of all evil that is the CCHA. The crappy media coverage. The slanted league bias. The virtual tongue in the ear of the rust belt unlike any sports league in any sport in America. I for one am sick of it, and most likely you are too. I don't know how this weekend will end, and sure...rants like these in years past have fallen on deaf ears.

But this isn't about one team or one city. This is about You and I as individuals...saying goodbye in a proper fashion....the evil, black encrusted soul of the CCHA. That ugly *** M. Those hideous helmets.

This is your your last chance folks. I for one plan on making it count. I hope you do as well.

AJ

Oh, and F you too Ortmeyer. You Pr*ck.

This also resonated with the Mav folks on Mavpuck.com...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k76IGLi6jWI

Hope everyone coming to Omaha has a good time here (other than the outcome on the ice) this weekend. Stop near the top of section 110 and I'll say hello.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClu View Post
      Hey Blue Crew...

Looking forward to the games. Here's a bit of a rant, and a link to check out. Of course, it is a sign of our inferiority complex....

This also resonated with the Mav folks on Mavpuck.com...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k76IGLi6jWI

Hope everyone coming to Omaha has a good time here (other than the outcome on the ice) this weekend. Stop near the top of section 110 and I'll say hello.
      Haha wow, if this guy thinks we're this bad he's really going to love Minnesota and North Dakota fans...

Funny stuff though, enjoy the games this weekend.

Oh and he is right about one thing: Jersey Shore...great show.

Comment

Originally posted by wooderson View Post
        Haha wow, if this guy thinks we're this bad he's really going to love Minnesota and North Dakota fans...

Funny stuff though, enjoy the games this weekend.

Oh and he is right about one thing: Jersey Shore...great show.
        See, I wasn't that off-base. All that pent up, latent anger. All that jealousy. All those insults. That hideous 4-24-3 record against the Wolverines.
        But the shtick is the same each and every year. They spend hours ranting about the evils of the Michigan program, then fall collectively on their faces. This year has the potential of being different in that our team represents a speed skating team more than a hockey team at times, but nonetheless, I think our guys will still show up. I don't typically take much time to gloat, but if the outcome is what I hope for, then I'm certain to give the abandoned cornfed cow fans a hearty goodbye on their turf (especially because they never leave the confines of their own little websites.)

But, meet them in person and they are the nicest, most sincere and hearty people around. I'll miss trading insults with them and the CCHA will miss their passion and excitement as well, even if they felt so mistreated.

Comment

I hate Michigan. I like some of you, streaker foremost among them.

You've been excellent villains. I for one will miss you.

Comment

Originally posted by MavRick View Post
            I hate Michigan. I like some of you, streaker foremost among them.

You've been excellent villains. I for one will miss you.
            Does it bother you that much that we could care less about you guys? Just another CCHA team? No idea how we became the #1 on UNO's hit list? When we win, it's just another notch in the stick?

Nothing special.

You'll miss us? Did I miss something...

Enjoy your anger.

Comment

Originally posted by MavRick View Post
              I hate Michigan.
              The feeling is mutual, although we actually don't hate the uno-brows. In order for hatred to be acheived you'd have to beat us much more than four times.

Go shove a corn-cob...

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              Does it bother you that much that we could care less about you guys? Just another CCHA team? No idea how we became the #1 on UNO's hit list? When we win, it's just another notch in the stick?

Nothing special.

You'll miss us? Did I miss something...

Enjoy your anger.
              It's just another Lil'Brother complex, that and we got Ortmeyer...
              Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Does it bother you that much that we could care less about you guys? Just another CCHA team? No idea how we became the #1 on UNO's hit list?
                Of the things that bother me, those are way down the list. It's a yen-yang thing. Good has no meaning without evil. And there's an art to arrogant detachment (as in your post), which I respect.

Comment

Guys.... just so you all know.. it's a long standing joke amongst a core group of UNO fans and I. AJ rants, and Rick is the eloquent Mav legal beagle that puts our despicable, arrogant ways in such a manner that you all can't help but laugh. They truly hate Michigan, but I can live with that. But some of them are truly the best people around and it is our loss as a conference as much as the WCHA's gain.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                    Guys.... just so you all know.. it's a long standing joke amongst a core group of UNO fans and I. AJ rants, and Rick is the eloquent Mav legal beagle that puts our despicable, arrogant ways in such a manner that you all can't help but laugh. They truly hate Michigan, but I can live with that. But some of them are truly the best people around and it is our loss as a conference as much as the WCHA's gain.
                    They're still pathetic...
                    Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
                      They're still pathetic...
                      Not as pathetic as Michigan's group of 6 defenseman tonight. They should indirectly be voted as the three stars of the game.

Comment

Yes they should be 3 stars. Especially chad langlala for his diving acts. Good job weasels.And good job red I think the Kings coach was right. All red did tonight is teach his boys to cheat once they fell behind. Face off interference my *****.
                        UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
                          Yes they should be 3 stars. Especially chad langlala for his diving acts. Good job weasels.And good job red I think the Kings coach was right. All red did tonight is teach his boys to cheat once they fell behind. Face off interference my *****.
                          Don't come into our thread and start the cheap trash talking. First win over Michigan in four (4) years, only five (5) over Michigan in ten years, never won a title, one NCAA appearance (where you got tanked), etc. etc. Enjoy your win- but you certainly show the azz in classlessness with your comments.

Comment

I'm due for another negrep from MAVFANJEFF!!!111 so I'll invite you to disregard him as a marginal (at best) representation of us.

Hard fought game. I am certain it will be harder fought tonight.

One final thought: One of my crew has a nephew in town who goes to State but roots for U-M. (I don't know how one does that and lives, but whatever.) He said: Technically speaking, Michigan scored more goals than UNO Friday.

Comment

yep long overdue. "Us"???? Who is "us"?????

You must be referring to the mavpuck society of people who think they're better fans than anyone else so we don't let anyone else join our website without a vote and a background check. Bite me.

I'll be booing #7 just as loud as everyone else with my hoarse voice tonight when he touches the puck but that doesn't make me any better or worse of a fan.
                              UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
                                Good for you cows to win a game. And it's good to see the moo'ing over how happy you are. You sound like you lost.....

And I know you feel all proud of yourself (even though YOU are not on the ice), but let's be a little realistic. Besides this being only the 5th time you've won, pretty much every other CCHA team has beat us this year, too. So it's really nothing special. Yet another CCHA loss for '09-'10.

Comment

Working...
                                X