Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU Gets Four Free Points - MTU at SCSU, January 8-9, 2010

The last time Michigan Tech won a hockey game in St. Cloud:

- The Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls and Hanson were drawing huge crowds of squeeing fangirls
    - Bill Clinton was attempting to redefine the word "is"
    - The hottest multiplayer video game experience was Goldeneye 007 on Nintendo 64
    - We listened to music on these reflective metallic discs called CDs
    - Gas was 99 cents a gallon
    - You didn't have to take your shoes off to get on an airplane
    - People still used Netscape

SCSU sweeps.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Re: SCSU Gets Four Free Points - MTU at SCSU, January 8-9, 2010

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

-People still used Netscape
    Haha, classic.

After warming up with a couple games against Brom, "St, Clooud" will sweep 5-2, 3-0.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Haha, classic.

After warming up with a couple games against Brom, "St, Clooud" will sweep 5-2, 3-0.
      Considering Tech is giving up an average of 4.5 goals a game, if you are predicting SCSU only scores 8 in the sweep, are you saying Tech is bringing their "lock-down" defense?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Haha, classic.

St, Clooud is stella.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

you better hope your team can back it up...MTU can be pesky, and winning streaks come to an end at some point.

SCSU does NOT get 4 points (they get 3 or less this weekend).
          THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
          1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
          1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
          University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
          University of Oregon Ducks Football
          San Francisco Giants
          Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Unless something comes up and I have to go back to Wisconsin, I will be at both games! Val's anyone?
            Originally posted by Skeeterman
            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

- The Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls and Hanson were drawing huge crowds of squeeing fangirls
              - Bill Clinton was attempting to redefine the word "is"
              - The hottest multiplayer video game experience was Goldeneye 007 on Nintendo 64
              - We listened to music on these reflective metallic discs called CDs
              - Gas was 99 cents a gallon
              - You didn't have to take your shoes off to get on an airplane
              - People still used Netscape

SCSU sweeps.
              And I was trying to convince my wife that if it was OK for the president, it should be OK for me. That whole intern thing.
              Bob is making me concerned
              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by wchaforever View Post
                Considering Tech is giving up an average of 4.5 goals a game, if you are predicting SCSU only scores 8 in the sweep, are you saying Tech is bringing their "lock-down" defense?
                A fair point, especially considering it's been a decade since we even won a game at the NHC. I think we've bricked in that building more than MNS has in his entire life.

Comment

I am still up in the air on making the 12 or 13 hour drive out there. Lots of money, lots of time, lots of time in wisconsin (any is too much) all for lots of fail. I have lots to think about, I am probably 66.6(∞)% not going right now. Oh and SCSU sweeps, duh.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                    I am still up in the air on making the 12 or 13 hour drive out there. Lots of money, lots of time, lots of time in wisconsin (any is too much) all for lots of fail. I have lots to think about, I am probably 66.6(∞)% not going right now. Oh and SCSU sweeps, duh.
                    Oh come on...we all know hockey roadtrips have little to do with the hockey! It's all about the crazy stories, strange drunk people and random milfs...
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      Oh come on...we all know hockey roadtrips have little to do with the hockey! It's all about the crazy stories, strange drunk people and random milfs...
                      Yes, but it used to be that PLUS having fun at the games by cheering or at least heckling and causing trouble. Now it's certain Tech fans quietly shaking their heads for 3 periods and waiting to go to the bar.

Comment

Yes, but it used to be that PLUS having fun at the games by cheering or at least heckling and causing trouble. Now it's certain Tech fans quietly shaking their heads for 3 periods and waiting to go to the bar.
                        Kind of hard to do much else when your team gets outscored 14-2 on the weekend
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          Kind of hard to do much else when your team gets outscored 14-2 on the weekend
                          That's what the alcohol is for, to give you the ability to cheer for a sucky team. Why do you think they call it spirits?

Comment

That's what the alcohol is for, to give you the ability to cheer for a sucky team. Why do you think they call it spirits?
                            Because Middle Eastern alchemists made medical elixirs and the vapors given off from the processes were described as being the spirits of the original object?
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              Because Middle Eastern alchemists made medical elixirs and the vapors given off from the processes were described as being the spirits of the original object?
                              Stay out of this, this is not your battle. And I hope you had to wikipedia that, if you did, you know you're a Techie for using your resources for additional irrelevant knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                              X