Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU Gets Four Free Points - MTU at SCSU, January 8-9, 2010

Originally posted by Yager View Post
    Stay out of this, this is not your battle. And I hope you had to wikipedia that, if you did, you know you're a Techie for using your resources for additional irrelevant knowledge.
    In case you haven't noticed, I frequently involve myself in things that are not my battle.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

One of the best opening posts to a thread ever.

And I see what you MTU fans are doing... and I don't like it. So, to counter;
      SCSU 4-1 Fri, MTU 4-2 Sat
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Roben View Post
        and winning streaks come to an end at some point.
        Can you be a little more vague?

Comment

Michigan Tech as been known to end winning streaks...on the road to good teams even
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
            Can you be a little more vague?
            He could have if he'd said "and winning streaks may or may not come to an end at some point."
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              Michigan Tech as been known to end winning streaks...on the road to good teams even
              Thank God we're not a good team, we should be able to keep it up, maybe, possibly.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                And I see what you MTU fans are doing... and I don't like it. So, to counter;
                SCSU 4-1 Fri, MTU 4-2 Sat
                No sandbagging on my part; this Tech team is beyond pathetic. I don't expect to see another 10-1 game (at least not until we end the season with three straight series against Denver, Wisconsin, and North Dakota), but there is absolutely no reason to believe that losing streak at the NHC is ending next weekend, or that the games will even be close.

Sure, you can point to that 5-3 loss to Michigan and try to say that we battled back after our worst game of the season against the Fartans. To be honest, Tech didn't wake up until the refs gave us a pity powerplay goal in the second by putting Michigan down 5x3 for quite some time. Then, the Wolverines & Hogan got sloppy in the third and let us have a couple, plus a great chance to tie it in the dying seconds (which wasn't converted, of course).

So the final score was more respectable than the actual game on the ice, in which Michigan was generally pretty successful at sustaining offensive pressure and keeping us bottled up in our own zone. If Robinson hadn't responded with 39 saves after getting a blistering sunburn the previous evening, it would've likely been a bigger win for the Wolverines.

In summary, I have absolutely zero faith in this Tech team. Any wins we get from here on out will likely be a pleasant shock, and are all but certain to come before mid-February, when the DU/UW/UND a55-raping begins.

Comment

Tech loses twice, it is obvious. The new year brings nothing but more ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                    He could have if he'd said "and winning streaks may or may not come to an end at some point."
                    And since I've heard that time will no longer tell...... we'll just have to wait and see.
                    Bob is making me concerned
                    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      True, but MTU has been known to let teams run up winning streaks on them so they have a chance to end winning streaks.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      No sandbagging on my part; this Tech team is beyond pathetic. I don't expect to see another 10-1 game (at least not until we end the season with three straight series against Denver, Wisconsin, and North Dakota), but there is absolutely no reason to believe that losing streak at the NHC is ending next weekend, or that the games will even be close.

Sure, you can point to that 5-3 loss to Michigan and try to say that we battled back after our worst game of the season against the Fartans. To be honest, Tech didn't wake up until the refs gave us a pity powerplay goal in the second by putting Michigan down 5x3 for quite some time. Then, the Wolverines & Hogan got sloppy in the third and let us have a couple, plus a great chance to tie it in the dying seconds (which wasn't converted, of course).

So the final score was more respectable than the actual game on the ice, in which Michigan was generally pretty successful at sustaining offensive pressure and keeping us bottled up in our own zone. If Robinson hadn't responded with 39 saves after getting a blistering sunburn the previous evening, it would've likely been a bigger win for the Wolverines.

In summary, I have absolutely zero faith in this Tech team. Any wins we get from here on out will likely be a pleasant shock, and are all but certain to come before mid-February, when the DU/UW/UND a55-raping begins.
                      Ok... then let's make a deal. I even have bought tickets to the Friday game already, bet let's call the games off, we'll take the 4 points, and let the teams rest up and drink that weekend instead.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Well we did lose one in Houghton earlier in the season

Comment

Tech will sweep SCSU, 5-4, 4-2

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                            Tech will sweep SCSU, 5-4, 4-2
                            THAT'S what I'm talking about!

Comment

SCSU wins a couple close ones: 4-1 and 6-1.

I plan on being there on Sat, sorta incognito. Just look for the less Fooperish in the Fooper crowd.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So this is what I've gathered so far for attendance, fill in the missing info...

Brent - yes
                                SCSU Euro - yes
                                Lady wore Black - yes
                                STB - present or not present no one notices or cares
                                ctf - no matter what she says she doesn't end up going
                                Me - Val's is the biggest attraction right now but I could drive 20 mins and get almost the same food but tastes even better (just no bacon buttons to push)

DL?
                                SiouxTechie?
                                bbdl?
                                Shirtless?
                                mEg?
                                WFODucati?
                                FM and tIG?
                                Boosh?

Comment

Working...
                                X