Big Ten Network to Debut Pre- and Post-Game Hockey Shows in January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Ten Network to Debut Pre- and Post-Game Hockey Shows in January

CHICAGO – The Big Ten Network is enhancing its live coverage of men's ice hockey this season with the addition of pregame, intermission and post-game shows in conjunction with its Friday and Saturday telecasts in January, February and March.

Overall, the network is quadrupling its live men's ice hockey coverage with the studio shows, nine telecasts and more than 20 live streamed games in 2009-10.

In addition, the network has added a pair of former WCHA stars to its lineup, including former University of Wisconsin captain and current Chicago Blackhawks winger Adam Burish and former Golden Gopher and retired NHL veteran Darby Hendrickson.
    http://www.bigtennetwork.com/corpora...in-January.asp
    Go Gophers Go.

Re: Big Ten Network to Debut Pre- and Post-Game Hockey Shows in January

On the Wisconsin thread, we were discussing this a little on Dec 17. Adam Burish is a natural for TV.

Even though he's a former "GOHER" , I like Hendrickson's work for the goofs and the Wild.

2 TOTALLY different personalities!
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Holy crap.

Big Ten Network actually acknowledging and attempting to promote hockey among its member institutions.

I'm absolutely, legitimately stunned. I was sure they'd funnel more money into their women's gymnastics telecasts long before they'd shed a dime for hockey.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
        Holy crap.

Big Ten Network actually acknowledging and attempting to promote hockey among its member institutions.

I'm absolutely, legitimately stunned. I was sure they'd funnel more money into their women's gymnastics telecasts long before they'd shed a dime for hockey.
        oh, come on, they need a mans sport for Friday night.
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Network to Debut Five Hockey Episodes of 'The Big Ten's Greatest Games'

Will include: (live game following)
          Minny's 2002 national championship vs Maine (North Dakota @ Minnesota)
          UM's 1998 national championship vs Boston College (Michigan @ Michigan State)
          Wiscy's 2006 national championship vs Boston College (UM-UW @ Camp Randall)
          MSU's 2007 national championship vs Boston College
          Minny's 2003 national championship vs New Hampshire (Colorado College @ Minnesota)

I like the fact that they are doing national championships, but how can they leave out the Cold War? That would have been number 1 over anything else for me. FSN broadcast the game, and BTN is partnered with Fox, so it's not like they should have trouble getting the rights to it. Oh well, maybe next year.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Yeah... how'd they manage to only get games that ESPN would've held the rights for?
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              Network to Debut Five Hockey Episodes of 'The Big Ten's Greatest Games'

Minny's 2003 national championship vs New Hampshire (Colorado College @ Minnesota)

I like the fact that they are doing national championships, but how can they leave out the Cold War? That would have been number 1 over anything else for me. FSN broadcast the game, and BTN is partnered with Fox, so it's not like they should have trouble getting the rights to it. Oh well, maybe next year.

And in other news, the Hockey East Takes It In The Shorts Network plans on showing the same 5 games.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                Clearly they're just trying to get BU viewers to tune in to watch BC lose NC games...
                Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Working...
                X