Fredonia vs. Westfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fredonia vs. Westfield

Who do you think will win? I think morton might ring a hatty from the looks of westfield this season. Let's chat it up
    All I do is muck bins 24x7 x 365

Re: Fredonia vs. Westfield

Originally posted by MuckNBin View Post
    Who do you think will win? I think morton might ring a hatty from the looks of westfield this season. Let's chat it up
    A hatty in one game or over two? Fredonia has shown it can score over lesser opponents, but not so against strong opponents. Westfield, while playing in the MASCAC, nevertheless, is in second place and have outscored their opponents 37-30 in 9 games VS 63-44 in 13 games - 13 of which were against Lebanon Valley. I'm picking Fredonia to win, but by "the looks of Westfield this season", I won't be surprised to see them take one. This is a chance for the #2 MASCAC (.833 in Conference/.788 out) team to go up against the #3 SUNYAC (.625 in Conference/.692 out) - the target is on Fredonia.
    Last edited by norm1909; 12-22-2009, 06:29 AM.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
      A hatty in one game or over two? Fredonia has shown it can score over lesser opponents, but not so against strong opponents. Westfield, while playing in the MASCAC, nevertheless, is in second place and have outscored their opponents 37-30 in 9 games VS 63-44 in 13 games - 13 of which were against Lebanon Valley. I'm picking Fredonia to win, but by "the looks of Westfield this season", I won't be surprised to see them take one. This is a chance for the #2 MASCAC (.833 in Conference/.788 out) team to go up against the #3 SUNYAC (.625 in Conference/.692 out) - the target is on Fredonia.
      Yea I meant through the weekend over two games. Nothing like a good MASCAC SUNYAC showdown. I heard from a friend some guys on Westfield are sick, but the holidays should give plenty of time to re-cover and get their game back.
      All I do is muck bins 24x7 x 365

Comment

This is one of those games that could be crucial for NCAA purposes for teams in the SUNYAC/MASCAC/ECAC West.

I'm pulling for Fredonia since Elmira and Oswego beat them but I could definitely see Westfield taking it. Westfield is one of those sleeper teams that is quietly having a very solid season this year.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          This is one of those games that could be crucial for NCAA purposes for teams in the SUNYAC/MASCAC/ECAC West.

I'm pulling for Fredonia since Elmira and Oswego beat them but I could definitely see Westfield taking it. Westfield is one of those sleeper teams that is quietly having a very solid season this year.
          And I'm pulling for Westfield.

Best of both worlds - split.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Just my opinion but it looks like Fredonia has played a much tougher schedule than Westfield State. Looking at key games for Westfield they tied Salem and lost to a good Trinity team 5-2. Will be an interesting game to see how the MASCAC does with a SUNYAC team.
            2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
            2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

KRACH is ranking Westfield State 15th (260.9/SOS: 100.4), Fredonia 18th (212.9/SOS: 100.8).
              Last edited by norm1909; 12-23-2009, 08:16 PM.
              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

My rankings have Westfield at 19 and Fredonia at 26
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

In my breakdown doing the poster poll, I found Westfield slightly more impressive than Fredonia.

However, crunching some stats, I predict a split.

Westfield 4-3 Friday
                  Fredonia 5-3 Saturday.
                  Last edited by Michael; 12-23-2009, 09:56 PM.

Comment

While Fredonia sits back and waits to host these 2 games, Westfield must first travel to #19 Amherst for a game, then take the 9-10 hour bus journey to the shores of Lake Erie. On paper, the more experienced Fredonia is favored to win both games against the 2-year-old WSC team. A lake effect blizzard that weekend would be awesome.

Comment

Don't kid yourself that this will be a cakewalk for Fredonia.

Westfield just took Amherst to OT, a night after Amherst romped past Fitchburg, 8-0, (with the Jeffs missing 3 starting D due to illness).

The Owls also had a fairly competitive game with Trinity before break, so other than the long bus ride, I don't think there's any reason to sell Westfield short.

The MASCAC doesn't get much respect, but I think by the end of the year you'll see Salem, Westfield and another MASCAC squad (whether UMD, Plymouth) post a few good out of league wins.

Comment

Originally posted by CenteringPass View Post
                        Don't kid yourself that this will be a cakewalk for Fredonia.

Westfield just took Amherst to OT, a night after Amherst romped past Fitchburg, 8-0, (with the Jeffs missing 3 starting D due to illness).

The Owls also had a fairly competitive game with Trinity before break, so other than the long bus ride, I don't think there's any reason to sell Westfield short.

The MASCAC doesn't get much respect, but I think by the end of the year you'll see Salem, Westfield and another MASCAC squad (whether UMD, Plymouth) post a few good out of league wins.
                        IF Fredonia believes it will be a cakewalk, they will lose, Westfield, the MASCAC's #2 ranked team has tied #1 ranked Salem State and as noted Amherst needed OT to win. I've picked Fredonia by a significant margin, but admit that is my SUNYAC homer bias shining through, I will not be surprised to see Westfield take one this weekend.
                        Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Enough of this lack of respect for Fredonia - they just beat Westfield 8-0!

Comment

Originally posted by DeFirst View Post
                            Unless they beat someone of consequence they will continue to get little respect and deservedly so.

Westfield State may be #2 in the MASCAC, but they're mediocre at best outside of the MASCAC (wins against Western NE College and Franklin Pierce, losses to Amherst, Trinity, and now 2 to Fredonia). So basically they're beating up on a sub-par conference whose only signature win is Salem State against SNC, which looks to have been merely an aberration at this point.

If Fredonia can actually beat Plattsburgh or Oswego than they will earn some respect. Until then, they'll be considered an average team, as they should be.
                            Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
                            08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
                            2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Originally posted by DeFirst View Post
                              Fredonia has no class
                              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                              X