Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Little Bonis hockey: Yale v Ferris; Put on your Haines and watch your Backman.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Bonis hockey: Yale v Ferris; Put on your Haines and watch your Backman.

Thoughts and predictions
    see you in the pound

Re: A Little Bonis hockey: Yale v Ferris; Put on your Haines and watch your Backman.

*nods*

Nice job.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Re: A Little Bonis hockey: Yale v Ferris; Put on your Haines and watch your Backman.

should be a good game. i dont know anything about ferris but yale usually isn't great against teams from stronger conferences (as seen with 1 goal losses to UVM and UMASS this year).
      Yale Hockey

Comment

For some reason, Ferris tends to do very well in holiday tournaments no matter how good the are. I think Ferris' physical style of play has a bit to do with it. I'm interested to see Yale and what they bring to the table. What makes them so strong this year?
        see you in the pound

Comment

Originally posted by ferrisfan1 View Post
          For some reason, Ferris tends to do very well in holiday tournaments no matter how good the are. I think Ferris' physical style of play has a bit to do with it. I'm interested to see Yale and what they bring to the table. What makes them so strong this year?
          Yale is very fast. They have small, very skilled forwards who are tenacious and fun to watch. The D isn't so hot and goaltending has been a question mark this year with two freshmen getting most of the recent time.
          Yale Hockey

Comment

How cool would it be to see Ferris State vs. Wisconsin in the final game, and Ferris State take it again, 3 times in a row?

I'd like to be at that game, but work has me staying home

Comment

Originally posted by FerrisStateHockeyFan View Post
              How cool would it be to see Ferris State vs. Wisconsin in the final game, and Ferris State take it again, 3 times in a row? I'd like to be at that game, but work has me staying home

Hopefully Ferris does play Wisconsin in the finals, again, and wins for the third time, and, yes, I'll be there, for the third time!!!

GO DAWGS !!

PS: Anyone want me to buy them a Bulldog jersey???? Looks good on Yale supporters as well as Ferris supporters! I will deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by yalebulldogfan View Post
                Yale is very fast. They have small, very skilled forwards who are tenacious and fun to watch. The D isn't so hot and goaltending has been a question mark this year with two freshmen getting most of the recent time.
                I don't think Ferris has played a team with that kind of offense this year. The best team they played was Miami and (from what I could gather from the game call) they have more of a big, grind-it-out offense that peppers that goalie and gets a lot of goals off of screens and blue line shots. I'm not sure Yale has the formula to beat Ferris at this point. Ferris' physical play tends to slow down those speedy guys before they get started. On top of that, Ferris takes a lot of shots and if Yale doesn't bring their defense, it will probably be a long day for them. But, like I said, Ferris hasn't seen a team like Yale this year so it should be an exciting game. I'm jealous of those of you going.
                see you in the pound

Comment

If our team defence and goaltending continue. There will not be any potent offence from any teams we play. The key to this team is the depth on any given night and any given player. Bring on the best and we will see how good this team is.

Love the title of the thread.

Comment

a laugher. sounded like Yale's speed was too much to handle. even when it was 1-1, it never seemed Ferris was in it. that last minute goal of the 2nd seemed to tip the table.
                    see you in the pound

Comment

Did we show up for this game.We can skate with any team but 6-1 yowwwwwww

Comment

Wow, what happened? Was anyone at the game?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeytown100 View Post
                          Wow, what happened? Was anyone at the game?
                          Reversing the order of your interrogatories....... Yes, I was,and
                          quite simply, descended from a long, long line of Handsome Dans,Yale
                          was the better breed of Bulldog. That said, your players and fans could
                          not have been nicer or classier. I can't say the same about the Badger
                          crowd; not even in Cambridge do I hear "Yale sucks" when I walk up the stairs from behind the Yale bench. Pay close attention tonight and I
                          think you'll leave the Kohl Center with a more enlightened perspective.

Comment

Working...
                          X