Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Season Thread Part IV: You Guys Give Up, Or Are You Thirsty For More?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part IV: You Guys Give Up, Or Are You Thirsty For More?

Why would Michigan/Michigan State blow an OOC game against a conference opponent they already play 4 times unless it was for a championship?

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part IV: You Guys Give Up, Or Are You Thirsty For More?

I don't really care who MTU plays in the first game of the GLI, I'd just like to see the tournament use WCHA refs at least every once in awhile...
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
        Why would Michigan/Michigan State blow an OOC game against a conference opponent they already play 4 times unless it was for a championship?
        Maybe then Michigan would stop inviting Michigan State.
        Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
        *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

If anyone cares...

The Wild just had their 386th consecutive sellout. Only 66 more to catch the Wings' record and 101 to tie the Avs' (and NHL) record.

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
            Maybe then Michigan would stop inviting Michigan State.
            I have a feeling that if Michigan Tech tried to impose that sort of thing, the more likely eventual outcome would be a holiday tournament at the Joe without Michigan Tech, not one without Michigan State.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              you want me to go further?
              That's what she said?
              Application for Admission to the WCHA:
              http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
              Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
              Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
              Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
              All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                If anyone cares...

The Wild just had their 386th consecutive sellout. Only 66 more to catch the Wings' record and 101 to tie the Avs' (and NHL) record.
                The NHL thread would probably care more than this one.
                Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                  If anyone cares...

That's the opposite of Michigan Tech.
                  It took me 22 years, but I think I've finally given up on Tech Hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    The section was actually pretty packed, and we weren't able to spread out; had to take our 12 assigned seats.

BTW, in case you were wondering, I was in that group; I'm the guy with the long hair.
                    Lame.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Amen to that, during the 3rd period after we took the 4-3 lead, I could have sworn the refs were BEGGING for a UofM/MSU finale, given the penalties and missed offsides calls. Though I still think it would be funny to see that matchup for the 3rd place game.
                    Yup. That happens all the time. See also CCHA tourny. It has been fun playing spoiler the past few years and making sure MSU doesn't even go to the Joe.
                    Always a Wildcat...
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
                      I have a feeling that if Michigan Tech tried to impose that sort of thing, the more likely eventual outcome would be a holiday tournament at the Joe without Michigan Tech, not one without Michigan State.
                      Tech's tounament

Tech probably has as large as a crowd at GLI as State and Michigan if not larger, the GLI without State will be just fine and probably a heck of a lot more interesting.
                      Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                      *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

[QUOTE=eleneki;4542622]
                        Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post

The goal that I was addressing occured against NMU. I have a copy of the game from the B2 webcast. Not sure where else it is available, possibley on the B2 Network. On that particular play, Bunger was directly in front of the NMU goalie and it looks like the goalie didn't see the shot.
                        I thought maybe it would be on the tech athletics web page where they have all the highlight clips, but that still won't open. Found the B2 video.

they need to find someone to do that a whole lot more often

Comment

You guys earned my appreciation and respect this year in Detroit. You all are some pretty awesome fans and your band took a dump all over what the big boys brought to the show (I know, it's their alumni bands... Whatever.).

You also all get major bonus points for joining up with RPI to shout down Michigan.
                          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part IV: You Guys Give Up, Or Are You Thirsty For Mor

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                            Tech's tounament

Tech probably has as large as a crowd at GLI as State and Michigan if not larger, the GLI without State will be just fine and probably a heck of a lot more interesting.
                            Well, if we are going for more interesting; I would say that cutting the team that hasn't won since the Carter administration would be the way to go.

Comment

[QUOTE=The Troll mtu86;4543557]
                              Originally posted by eleneki View Post

I thought maybe it would be on the tech athletics web page where they have all the highlight clips, but that still won't open. Found the B2 video.

they need to find someone to do that a whole lot more often
                              Found this on Youtube:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3FjOkEn1AU

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                                You guys earned my appreciation and respect this year in Detroit. You all are some pretty awesome fans and your band took a dump all over what the big boys brought to the show (I know, it's their alumni bands... Whatever.).

You also all get major bonus points for joining up with RPI to shout down Michigan.
                                How soon before you start buying Tech gear and head to Houghton for a series?
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X