2009 Polar Bear Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Polar Bear Tourney

After the blitz of Christmas shopping, present unwrapping, and granny's fruit cake, it will be time for the annual trip to Connecticut.

Here are the various divisions, and here is the schedule for the 19AAs
    Last edited by Hux; 12-18-2009, 09:50 PM.

Re: 2009 Polar Bear Tourney

No Madison Caps/WI Wild at U19?
    "Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese." - Joon

Comment

Originally posted by videohockey View Post
      No Madison Caps/WI Wild at U19?
      Very few "long distance" teams. Not surprising given the state of the economy and the price of travel this year. Additionally, the bulk of the top teams from afar have had a pretty busy travel schedule this fall.

Comment

CYA and TI are there. Is Mission elsewhere?
        "Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese." - Joon

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
          Here is are the various divisions
          Love to see that English degree hard at work!

But seriously, who are the favorites? I know the US18's will weaken some teams, including AV.
          Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post

But seriously, who are the favorites? I know the US18's will weaken some teams, including AV.
            There isn't a Holiday Camp this year, and as far as I know there is no plan to bring the 18s in over the holidays. (12 went to Blaine the week after Four Nations)

Comment

Noticeable lack of Canadian content this year, specially considering the strong canuck dollar, almost at par these days.

Comment

Div two looks to be the toughest, with AV, TI and CT Stars all in the same group. NAHA White out of group 1 and PB out of group 5 would be the other contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by videohockey View Post
                  CYA and TI are there. Is Mission elsewhere?
                  Mission is not elsewhere. The U19 team has a holiday break from Dec 24 until Jan 2.

Comment

As I said before get ready for the ride Hockey will be on the decline.

I lived it during the early 80's I would say some rinks survived but its very expensive. I think parents paying these kind of bills should be able to
                    confront coaches its just crazy and for girls that need some competition they need to attend prep school not all get full boats.

Good luck because I see the same decline that happened in 1978 -- through I would say 1988..

I think there is room for all year round club teams that do not charge crazy dollars.

I know of at last 8 -10 good players that quit and at least another half dozen that left prep school.

Its really going to turn for the worse...I hate to see it as well.

Comment

Are the games webcast? I may need a hockey fix over the Christmas break.

Comment

Did the Madison Capitals win it last year?

Comment

Assabet beat NAHA in the finals last year 4-1, and no the games aren't broadcast anywhere. But if you have a hockey jones going on, you can't beat 65 19AA games at one venue in 3.5 days.
                          What's that orange stuff on your stick?
                          Oh I know, it's rust.

Comment

SLUG79 --->>> That's my point...!!!!!

However my neighbor hates the charge at the gate Too much cash
                            after getting rooms, paying for gas but I had to pay it for my boys..

I may attend a game or too see some students skate..

May take some video...and post it... of all the games..

I look forward to having some fun..

Comment

Originally posted by scores View Post
                              As I said before get ready for the ride Hockey will be on the decline.

I lived it during the early 80's I would say some rinks survived but its very expensive. I think parents paying these kind of bills should be able to
                              confront coaches its just crazy and for girls that need some competition they need to attend prep school not all get full boats.

Good luck because I see the same decline that happened in 1978 -- through I would say 1988..

I think there is room for all year round club teams that do not charge crazy dollars.

I know of at last 8 -10 good players that quit and at least another half dozen that left prep school.

Its really going to turn for the worse...I hate to see it as well.
                              True that - we are in the middle of all of this with a coach playing his favorite over quality players because he wants his favorates to be seen by the colleges rather than the quality players who play the game the way it should be - it is such a shame.

Comment

Working...
                              X