X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Codfish Bowl: Bowdoin, Lake Forest, Trinity and UMass Boston

Thought I'd start a new thread to clear up the confusion

1/2/2010
    Bowdoin vs. Trinity 1:00 ET Codfish Bowl (Boston, MA)
    Lake Forest at Mass.-Boston 4:00 ET Codfish Bowl (Boston, MA)

Any thoughts?
    Mark it 8, Dude

Re: 2010 Codfish Bowl: Bowdoin, Lake Forest, Trinity and UMass Boston

Originally posted by polarbear2 View Post
    Thought I'd start a new thread to clear up the confusion

1/2/2010
    Bowdoin vs. Trinity 1:00 ET Codfish Bowl (Boston, MA)
    Lake Forest at Mass.-Boston 4:00 ET Codfish Bowl (Boston, MA)

Any thoughts?
    Trinity > Bowdoin
    LF > UMB

Trinity vs. Lake Forest should be a tight game, goalie may take it for Trinity, but a gut feeling gives it to LF.

Comment

This is a HUGE opportunity for the Polar Bears!!!
      I have only seen Trinity once, in their 3-2 loss at Amherst. Iwachiw had a great game and it all came down to special teams play. That said, if Bowdoin gets a solid game from Lessard, I think they will beat Trinity, as the Polar Bears exhibit much more offensive firepower than I saw the Bantams muster against the Lord Jeffs (although Komarek is an outstanding offensive D).
      UMB has played better of late, but if Lake Forest is the cream of the west and the Polar Bears take care of business with Trinity, I could see Bowdoin knock off Lake Forest and make a case for a return to the DIII top 10!
      These are of course "Obserbearations" and may be a tad jaded or expecting a bit too much from the "cubby" Polar Bears.
      GO U BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

O-Bear -- your prognostications aren't usually that far off.

I agree that the Beaudin offense will carry the day over Trinity, but
        I have to believe there is something to Lake Forest this year and that the Westies will run the table.
        "The great State of Vermont will not apologize for its cheese!"
        -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

Originally posted by Phil D. Stands View Post
          O-Bear -- your prognostications aren't usually that far off.

I agree that the Beaudin offense will carry the day over Trinity, but
          I have to believe there is something to Lake Forest this year and that the Westies will run the table.
          While I think Bowdoin will keep it close, I don't see them winning this tournament. Trinity tied Amherst the first game and only lost by 1 goal in the second. My wager is on Trinity. I have to admit though, Lake Forest is certainly up and coming and could steal the show. Since I haven't seen any of the western conference teams play yet this season, it's hard to judge how competitive LF will be. I guess I'll see on the 2nd...

Comment

Let us remember Bowdoin defeated Trinity twice last season, in Hartford no less, and I think that will give the young Polar Bears confidence, or at least enable them to play without fear. This season's Bowdoin team is a significant up grade, especially on offense. I recall former Elmira Coach Nemetz-Carlson commenting that nothing is more dangerous than a young team that does not know they are supposed to lose. Granted, Iwachiw can at least tie anyone, anytime, but Bowdoin's D should be able to hold off the Bantams. Lessard appears to have won the starting job and hopefully we will look back at this as the moment she "comes of age" as a big time tender.
            On paper it is hard to imagine UMB beating Lake Forest. The Lake Forest special teams do not appear strong and UMB's Hallett has a decent saves percentage, so who knows? This seems a sort of litmus test for the "best in the west" and it will basically be all we have to go on, as there is so little east-west cross over this season.
            GO U BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

**bump**
              Mark it 8, Dude

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                Let us remember Bowdoin defeated Trinity twice last season, in Hartford no less, and I think that will give the young Polar Bears confidence, or at least enable them to play without fear. This season's Bowdoin team is a significant up grade, especially on offense.
                GO U BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In hockey, ya just never know. I just won't know who to cheer for, so I'll cheer for everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                  Let us remember Bowdoin defeated Trinity twice last season, in Hartford no less, and I think that will give the young Polar Bears confidence, or at least enable them to play without fear. This season's Bowdoin team is a significant up grade, especially on offense. I recall former Elmira Coach Nemetz-Carlson commenting that nothing is more dangerous than a young team that does not know they are supposed to lose. Granted, Iwachiw can at least tie anyone, anytime, but Bowdoin's D should be able to hold off the Bantams. Lessard appears to have won the starting job and hopefully we will look back at this as the moment she "comes of age" as a big time tender.
                  Two years ago, Trinity made great strides and surprised some people. Last year, I thought they took a step back. This year is still very young, but based on their showing vs. Amherst, it looks like they've returned to the form they showed two years ago.

Not saying Bowdoin can't beat them, but it would surprise me.

Comment

This will be an interesting tourney to watch. I think we will see how good LFC is. Looking at the schedule, UMB seems on paper to be the weakest of the 4, so LFC got the easiest draw, and we will see how LFC matches up with the eastern teams after playing in the Codfish Bowl.

Comment

will there be any broadcasts of any type?

Comment

2010 Codfish Bowl: Bowdoin, Lake Forest, Trinity and UMass Boston

Originally posted by nbound View Post
                        will there be any broadcasts of any type?
                        It doesn't appear so....
                        Mark it 8, Dude

Comment

2010 Codfish Bowl: Bowdoin, Lake Forest, Trinity and UMass Boston

As the near-blizzard approaches central Maine, I'll make my calls for todays' games:

Bowdoin 4
                          Trinity 3

Lake Forest 6
                          UMB 1

Thoughts? Discussion?
                          Mark it 8, Dude

Comment

Originally posted by polarbear2 View Post
                            As the near-blizzard approaches central Maine, I'll make my calls for todays' games:

Bowdoin 4
                            Trinity 3

Lake Forest 6
                            UMB 1

Thoughts? Discussion?
                            are you going? if yes, can you provide updates?

Comment

Go U Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X