Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Dodge Holiday Classic (Minn, BGU, NMU, Clarkson)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Dodge Holiday Classic (Minn, BGU, NMU, Clarkson)

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Hooray palindrome game! NMU-UMN.

Haha, that is awesome.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    They better not. I have a sixer of Finnegan's vs a sixer of Spotted Cow riding on the game.
    What happens in case of a tie? Text me.
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by ajoyce02 View Post
      I disagree completely, weren't there 2 BG players right right as well? What's to say one of them doesn't make a great play on the puck and save it from going in?

You gotta make sure that puck gets in the net at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
        Haha, that is awesome.

There shouldn't be a tie, they need a winner of the tourney. But just in case, if there is a tie, the bet is a wash.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It looked like the puck would have rolled in anyway. I don't think Flynn was being selfish and thought "Here's my chance for my first goal". He was focused on one thing, hustling to the puck first and making a statement about finishing off the game with 20 seconds left. Simple as that. It did look overly dramatic though with him sliding into boards afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by ajoyce02 View Post
            I disagree completely, weren't there 2 BG players right right as well? What's to say one of them doesn't make a great play on the puck and save it from going in?

You gotta make sure that puck gets in the net at all costs.
            Yep. Imagine what you'd be saying if he coasted and a BG player dove to save the goal successfully.

The gophers could use a little "killer, score any chance you get, as often as you can" attitude in my opinion.
            Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
            Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Haha, that is awesome.

If the game is tied at the end of regulation, they will play a 5 minute OT. If it's still tied at the end of OT, then there will be a shootout.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                If the game is tied at the end of regulation, they will play a 5 minute OT. If it's still tied at the end of OT, then there will be a shootout.
                IIRC the shootout only determines a winner during a regular season tourney, in the eyes of the NCAA the game is officially counted as tie.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  You're a guy seeing that puck, with an easy chance to score. No matter what your stats are. You see that easy goal, in a one-goal game. Wouldn't you hit that puck? Just sayin'.

Edit: and this could happen:

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dDbEX666G3Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dDbEX666G3Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                  That's exactly the nightmare scenario I was thinking of. Flynn would get destroyed had that happened.
                  04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                  USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                  I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                  Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                  I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                    IIRC the shootout only determines a winner during a regular season tourney, in the eyes of the NCAA the game is officially counted as tie.
                    You are correct, as far as the NCAA goes, the game ends at the end of OT, and would go down as a tie. The shootout would determine the tournament winner, but would have no effect whatsoever on NCAA records, pairwise, RPI, etc
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: 2010 Dodge Holiday Classic (Minn, BGU, NMU, Clarkson)

This sounds like about the exact opposite of what all the Minny fans were saying yesterday....

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/805...9cP3DieyckcUsI
                      Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
                      M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

The Canale-Bradshaw Cup will go to the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by observer85 View Post
                          Wow, Ryan Flynn's diving poke of the puck with about 12" left before it would have gone into an empty net shows how selfish the players on this team are. It was Flynn's 1st goal of the year but I would not want it the way it was scored. Hoeffel ices the puck and it was going to go in. Let Hoeffel have the goal...afterall, he is the better player.
                          I'm going to echo the comments of everyone else here. It was a good goal. If he didn't put it in there was a chance the BGSU players could have swept it out off the line. Smart play and not at all selfish.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

They found the Death Cup?
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              They found the Death Cup?
                              Why is it called the Death Cup??
                              Always a Wildcat...
                              If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Why is it called the Death Cup??
                                At the end of NMU's tenure in the WCHA there was a travelling trophy for the winner of the MN-NMU season series sponsored by a funeral home in Marquette and a funeral home in the Twin Cities. If I remember correctly the funeral home directors were buddies and grads of MN/NMU.

NMU then realized they could no longer compete in a real league, put their tail between their weenie wildcat legs, and skulked back to the CCHA relegating the death trophy to obscurity.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                                Twenty red lights in his honor
                                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Working...
                                X