PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Dodge Holiday Classic (Minn, BGU, NMU, Clarkson)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RaceBoarder
12-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Bumpity

Goon
12-25-2009, 11:48 AM
One tape delay left (Harvard weekend) then everything else is going to be live AND on TV. 3 will be on the Big 10 Network (your network for college hockey :rolleyes: ).

Be nice to watch some hockey on BTN as well. Since my cable provider added BTN I have yet to see one game on it.

The Rube
12-25-2009, 11:43 PM
Be nice to watch some hockey on BTN as well. Since my cable provider added BTN I have yet to see one game on it.

IIRC, it's all HD, but I could be wrong. It'd be awesome if it was.

state of hockey
12-26-2009, 12:09 AM
Every game that has actually been on BTN that I have seen has been in HD so far. It was swell watching the Wolverines destroy the Gophers last year in beautiful 1080p.

Wildpantswilly
12-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Since this thread seems to be dead.......

PREDICTIONS:

Clarkson-1
NMU-5

BGSU-2
Minny-4

NMU-3
Minny-1

BGSU-4
Clarkson-3

joecct
12-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Clarkson's last visit to Mariucci was in 1996-97 for the Mariucci Classic
L Miami 0-3
W Boston College 7-4

Like FK, I don't have high expectations for this team. Goaltender Paul Karpowich is probably the only highlight on a team with talent that is not a talented team.

The Rube
12-27-2009, 11:57 PM
Where's my post-it? (c)
A while back, for some series, I said "The Gophers will not lose this weekend. Write it down, take a picture, I don't give a *." And someone did just that!
Found it:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs002.snc3/10933_1187629083955_1025148831_30521784_7501029_n. jpg

nmupiccdiva
12-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Oh, yeah...

If NMU can put together 3 consistent periods of hockey, they can make it to the championship game. Not saying they're gonna win it all, but they can at least make it there. Minnesota is faltering a bit this year, but at the end of the day they're still Minnesota, and if we face them in the championship game that could be rough.

Wildpantswilly
12-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Oh, yeah...

If NMU can put together 3 consistent periods of hockey, they can make it to the championship game. Not saying they're gonna win it all, but they can at least make it there. Minnesota is faltering a bit this year, but at the end of the day they're still Minnesota, and if we face them in the championship game that could be rough.

What is this crap?! How are you saying that Minny is just going to waltz in and destroy us? I don't understand the negativity. Look at where we were last year at this point after the crazy schedule we start with. I think NMU takes this tournament and makes a statement in doing so. Minny is playing bad and we (or maybe BGSU :eek: ) take them out of their own tournament.

LETS GO CATS!

RaceBoarder
12-28-2009, 08:56 PM
What is this crap?! How are you saying that Minny is just going to waltz in and destroy us? I don't understand the negativity. Look at where we were last year at this point after the crazy schedule we start with. I think NMU takes this tournament and makes a statement in doing so. Minny is playing bad and we (or maybe BGSU :eek: ) take them out of their own tournament.

LETS GO CATS!

Think of it as a cornered animal scenario with Minny... They are bad, and they are getting desperate...

nmupiccdiva
12-28-2009, 09:15 PM
Think of it as a cornered animal scenario with Minny... They are bad, and they are getting desperate...

This. Though I would say "comparatively bad" rather than just straight bad.

boot_walt_kyle
12-28-2009, 10:02 PM

LETS GO CATS!

It's hard to be positive when your team is in shambles.

The Rube
12-28-2009, 10:06 PM
This. Though I would say "comparatively bad" rather than just straight bad.

Ok, this post insures (or is that "ensures?") that you will NEVER.....EVER......EVER!!!!!!! get to wear the Arrogant shirt.

Ever.

Happy
12-28-2009, 10:42 PM
MN is only missing 2 good players, usually they are missing 3 or 4 for this tourney. MN rips them a new one.

state of hockey
12-28-2009, 11:15 PM

This team doesn't get angry this year. Only time I felt they really responded to losing a crappy game was going down to Mankato and winning 6-2 the next night.

Slap Shot
12-29-2009, 05:36 AM

Is NMU not feeling desperate because they're gotten used to sucking?

Greyeagle
12-29-2009, 08:55 AM

LETS GO CATS!

Of course the real questions is if the teams meet for the championchip :) of the Dogge free world game or will they mix it up in the why are we playing game? :D

Don't Minny & N-Mich play for some Mortician Cup? Very fitting....

nmupiccdiva
12-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Ok, this post insures (or is that "ensures?") that you will NEVER.....EVER......EVER!!!!!!! get to wear the Arrogant shirt.

Ever.

I didn't mean to say they were bad, so much as I was saying Raceboarder's assessment was correct. I KNOW Minnesota is always good, and that's why I'm not writing them off. You have to admit that it's somewhat of an off-year for the Gophers, but I saw them in Houghton, and I still saw a very strong team. That and I'm not a hopeless homer, but slowly acquiring a well rounded college hockey education.

And it's ENSURES.

ScoobyDoo
12-29-2009, 01:07 PM
This team doesn't get angry this year. Only time I felt they really responded to losing a crappy game was going down to Mankato and winning 6-2 the next night.

Agreed. I thought they would be angry to start the season after no NCAA's last year but they came in like a kitten and pretty much stayed that way.

My prediction is if Minnesota doesn't win this thing, No NCAA tourney this year either. What that means for this weekends results I have no idea.

pdt1081
12-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Should be interesting to see Cepis finally play a game after the year off and it comes against his former team Ben-Gurion University. How do the Fighting Shaloms feel about this?
Don't be surprised if there is bloodshed.:eek: