X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    This is just a guess on my part, but I watched Helfrich live on Friday night and on tv yesterday, bnd I believe that he is not 100%.
    I watch him because he is one of my favorite players on the team and can be counted on to set up the scorers.
    This weekend, he was slower than normal and his vision wasn't what it usually is.
    I think that when he is back to normal, you will see him back with Polacek. They do have chemistry and each makes the other better players.
    I tend to agree with you about Helfrich, EHF. Babo and I sat near the corner at Q and saw RPI's offense for two periods...he didn't look like he was 100% to me either. He didn't have his usually burst.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Well I hear they're a little bit better than Pricetom, but not quite on par with Ylae or Brom. Onward Princetown Ligers!
      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
        We got one vote!
        Thanks, Ken Schott! (or whomever the local one of the 50 is for Albany)

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
          We got one vote!

Interestingly enough, Miami lost twice to Robert Morris and somehow 3 voters still voted them as the #1 team. Come on people - if you are going to be such homers at least vote them #2 this week before making them #1 again next week!
          Of the teams that received votes, we defeated Yale, Quinnipiac, Michigan, and UNH. We lost to UMass, Cornell, and Michigan State. We have gone 1-2 vs. Union. We tied Alaska. So by my count, we are 5-5-1 vs. other teams receiving votes. Not bad.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Just my .02 cents on some of the recent topics on this thread.

Regarding better 5 on 5 play/chances. I agree we need improvement however, Last year we were ok 5x5 but struggled all regular season and ultimately lost in the playoffs due to very sub par special teams play . If this past weekends special teams effort continues I think we will be just fine. RPI is a somewhat small team up front so they HAVE to make teams pay on the scoreboard for penalties or the team will get mauled all night game in game out.

Regarding line combos. I don`t know if we have the guy currently on the team or not but somehow we need to get some muscle /nastiness on D`amigos line. I saw him take 2 blatant cheap hits vs princeton from behind{uncalled} and a nasty slash. If he continues to get that treatment with no threat of recourse to the opponents top guy this team is going to lose him to injury and fall short of what they are capable of accomplishing.

I was at the quinny game and felt that they were definitley bum rushing York. I have a feeling that the subject was addressed before the princeton game as the D were playing tougher out in front of york after the whistle. Rule # 1 protect your goalie!! Rule # 2 Protect D`amigo!! Lets Go Red.

Comment

Looking way forwards towards the playoffs (yes, I am that pleased with our most recent weekend that I'm already looking towards March)... we are only one-half point behind Red Cloud's patented "How to Clinch a First-Round Bye" system. (Please Note: If it was not Red Cloud, but some other poster who came up with this system a thread or two ago, my apologies. Please correct me.)

The team has played nine league games (two home series, 4 points, 6 points expected; 2 away series, 6 points, 4 points expected; and one game against our travel partner, 0 points, 1/2 point expected). A win against Union this upcoming Saturday gives the team 12 points in 10 games and leaves them ahead of the pace that has been (approximately) established to yield a first-round bye. A loss, while certainly disappointing, leaves RPI only one point under pace, with twelve games to make it up.

It should also be noted that Playoff Status says that RPI and Union have the lowest winning percentage of opponents in remaining games (as of 11Jan2010). This fact is no doubt helped by the winning percentages of Harvard and Dartmouth (8th and 12th, respectively), who happen to be the only teams that we play twice in the remainder of the season.

I am optimistic for this team, and it seems we are far removed from the 1-6-0, 0-4-0 stretch that we ran into in Nov / Dec. Keep the boys healthy, and let's keep the wins coming.

I'll be back in town starting the 21st, and will be there to watch the Engineers at every home game for the rest of the season. LET'S GO RED!
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

After the Union loss in December, I was worried as to how they would respond after that game. Unlike teams in prior years they put it behind them and continued to play well into the new year.

With the exception of the MSU game which was a tough spot to be in, the results have been better than I had hoped. It also helps being able to watch 2 of the last 4 games on TV, and you can see confidence building more and more in these guys. Id like to see Watts and Rabbani play more, they bring an energy, thought Watts had a strong game Sunday.

Says something for the staff and and leadership in the locker room moving forward the rest of the way. Saturday night is, well, we know what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                  Looking way forwards towards the playoffs (yes, I am that pleased with our most recent weekend that I'm already looking towards March)... we are only one-half point behind Red Cloud's patented "How to Clinch a First-Round Bye" system. (Please Note: If it was not Red Cloud, but some other poster who came up with this system a thread or two ago, my apologies. Please correct me.)
                  It was me, and actually we're technically right on track.

For the uninitiated, it's 3 points on home weekends, 2 points on away weekends (any points against Union are like a bonus, although they're usualy necessary if you aren't getting ahead), and bam - first round bye.

Yale/Brown - 4 pts (+1)
                  @Clarkson/SLU - 2 pts (0)
                  Cornell/Colgate - 0 pts (-3)
                  Union - 0 pts (0)
                  @Quinnipiac/Princeton - 4 pts (+2)
                  @Union
                  Dartmouth/Harvard
                  @Brown/Yale
                  SLU/Clarkson
                  @Harvard/Dartmouth
                  Quinnipiac/Princeton
                  @Colgate/Cornell
                  Points - 10 (0)
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    For the uninitiated, it's 3 points on home weekends, 2 points on away weekends (any points against Union are like a bonus, although they're usualy necessary if you aren't getting ahead), and bam - first round bye.
                    Awful complicated way of saying, "The bye threshold is probably 25 points."
                    Mileage logged, 2005-06: 12759

Comment

Chase has slipped to third http://www.hobeybaker.com/voting/.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RobTricks View Post
                        Not really, because RC's analysis is slightly dependent upon teams you beat. Sure you could get to 25 points, but if you only sweep 5 teams and then get a few ties or a random win or two, you don't get the bye. If you spread it all out and beat everyone, you're more likely to get the bye.

Comment

Originally posted by RobTricks View Post
                          I find it an easier way to keep track of that pace, as do others.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Chase has slipped to third http://www.hobeybaker.com/voting/.
                            vote often!!
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Not that I think that a 5-12-3 team should be ranked, but I have to wonder if I team has ever swept the #1 team in the country on the road and then not received a single vote in the following poll.

Comment

Originally posted by yarblockers View Post
                                Not that I think that a 5-12-3 team should be ranked, but I have to wonder if I team has ever swept the #1 team in the country on the road and then not received a single vote in the following poll.
                                It wasn't a road sweep. A win on neutral ice (in their home city) and then a road win. But, again, the point is moot because a 5-12-3 team should not be ranked.
                                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                                X